• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

I actually think I dislike the 100% rewards. Can't just enjoy the world anymore, need the reward, need 100%! WAAAAAAH! :(

inky

So how many people are in the GAF guild now? How many of those are people who don't actually have an account on GAF?

OG guild is 100% full right now: 500 people. There's an overflow guild (GAFO) with idk how many ppl run by Retro or someone like him. As for outsiders, I wouldn't know.

Jack_AG

Banned
I still don't care about loot. I saw the huge XP bonus.
So now you think its "huge" when earlier you stated it was tiny. You do realize its relative per level range, right? I'm just trying to figure you out since myself and others mentioned it but for some reason you only chose to believe a screenshot. Its not like we're all lying to you so there's no need to dismiss what others have said in text when a pic shows up - reinforcing what was already stated and what you have already disagreed with.

To me, it just sounds like youre being a prick for the sake of being a prick.

Sethos

Banned
So now you think its "huge" when earlier you stated it was tiny. You do realize its relative per level range, right? I'm just trying to figure you out since myself and others mentioned it but for some reason you only chose to believe a screenshot. Its not like we're all lying to you so there's no need to dismiss what others have said in text when a pic shows up - reinforcing what was already stated and what you have already disagreed with.

To me, it just sounds like youre being a prick for the sake of being a prick.

Derp, I was speaking about the XP reward for each individual point which is tiny. I haven't maxed an area and seen the extra XP reward.

And yes I know it's level based.

You aren't very bright.

Morokh

I've played the last few days to get my marks in the game, but now that I feel comfortable enough to start for real i'm just stuck at character creation xD

I'd love to play an Asura engineer (that I played so far) but i can't find a name that would suit him that is not taken, it's pretty ridiculous (i guess names are not server based like in Wow ) even the few names I had that were taken by 1 or two people only across all european servers in Wow at the time are already taken .. xD

I managed to secure my usual internet game name that I would generally use with a human-like skinny dark magic user so a Human Necromancer in that case, but man .... the look of humans in this game and their armors ... i don't know, i really would like to see more before i decide but it's hard to find screenshots yet. Norn Necromancer armors are really cool but they are so freakishly huge xD

Any help about names (ideas , generators etc ..), or some screenshots of high-level human (male) Necromancer character are more than welcome ...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I got a superior rune of the monk from completing AC story - it requires level 60 (and I'm about half of that) but is that an exotic rune? Or there even such things? It's colored like an exotic, but runes may have a different coding system.

Sethos

Banned
I didn't know there was a reward at all.

Exactly, I was ill informed as well and now I see there is an actual inventive beyond the not-so-great XP you get from a POI or a view point.

Has anyone actually done any completion maps, for each area? At least so you don't have to uncover every bit of the Fog of War to find a missing point.

Shambles

If you're mailing items to another character how do you only send a few? For instance if you have 10 copper ores but you only want to send 4 of them.

Orcastar

OG guild is 100% full right now: 500 people. There's an overflow guild (GAFO) with idk how many ppl run by Retro or someone like him. As for outsiders, I wouldn't know.

How about someone find out, kick them out and let actual GAFfers in?

Violet_0

Banned
The posts above about Twilight Arbor... now I'm scared to go in when I get to 50. That final boss encounter just screams "WTF"

and you should be - perhaps it was just the group composition, but the final boss simply wasn't doable for us. I'm considering to ignore dungeons for the moment, unless TA is somehow more difficult than other ones

I didn't know there was a reward at all, I thought it was just something for the OCD-afflicted among us. Besides, it's a lot of fun trying to get all the viewpoints and skill challenges.

This is awesome, since I've been feeling compelled to get to 100% anyway. Just more incentive than satisfying my urge to do all the things.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The main guild is full at the 500 cap.

The overflow guild is currently at 21 members and I'm happy to send invites. The officers belong to both and can switch back and forth with ease so it's pretty convenient. Don't forget to click represent to be able to guild chat and such (unless you're also in another guild). Some people are having issues with the represent button still, relogging may fix this.

Jack_AG

Banned
Derp, I was speaking about the XP reward for each individual point which is tiny. I haven't maxed an area and seen the extra XP reward.

You were?

I'm the only GW2 player who couldn't give a toss about '100%' and area.

No, you weren't. You were talking about completing an area, just as everyone read it and we all replied to tell you about the bonuses, which you completely shot down. Seriously now... you resort to lying about what you're posting?

And yes I know it's level based.

Good.

You aren't very bright.

Expected. Read above, lol.

Edit: And with that I can't engage in conversation with someone who blatantly lies about their own posts, which are locked in text and quoted. Pitiful. So jump on me all you want, Sethos, you'll get no more replies from me. Feel better about yourself, OK?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Any official reviews or impressions out yet or is this still under embargo? I wouldn't mind reading some indepth GAF reviews either but the OP doesn't appear to be updated to show anything like that.

And please save the "it's great just play it!" comments. That isn't honest or helpful. I'm not really worried about the financial investment, it's the time spent learning to play and playing that I care about; I want to know if what I'm getting into is worth it.

Piecake

Wait, people clear maps in < 40 minutes? It takes me a couple hours for each one. Man, no wonder I feel so underleveled compared to some of the rest of the guild.

Yea, it takes me a lot longer as well. Maybe they are talking about the city maps? cant possibly see how you would do all the heart quests in 40 minutes, let alone walk the entire zone getting all of the POI and waypoints.

I also like exploring where there are no POI or waypoints just to see if something cool is there

Stuart444

and you should be - perhaps it was just the group composition, but the final boss simply wasn't doable for us. I'm considering to ignore dungeons for the moment, unless TA is somehow more difficult than other ones

Well... I mean, wiping brings all of the bosses at the end back? That just seems offputting.

Is there at least a waypoint there? That bit can usually save people by quickly running from the waypoint to the bosses every time you die (it worked on the lovers in AC).

Otherwise, I think Anet needs to tune that to at least stop all the bosses re-spawning even if you kill them when you wipe.

inky

How about someone find out, kick them out and let actual GAFfers in?

Well, the officers are the ones letting people in. Their names are in the first page, so pm one of them to find out. I didn't think we'd had this many people tbh.

I also like exploring where there are no POI or waypoints just to see if something cool is there

That's a great way to die. I usually find caves or cliffs with champions guarding a chest or a rich ore node when doing that.

Sethos

Banned
You were?

No, you weren't. You were talking about completing an area, just as everyone read it and we all replied to tell you about the bonuses, which you completely shot down. Seriously now... you resort to lying about what you're posting?

Good.

Expected. Read above, lol.

Edit: And with that I can't engage in conversation with someone who blatantly lies about their own posts, which are locked in text and quoted. Pitiful. So jump on me all you want, Sethos, you'll get no more replies from me. Feel better about yourself, OK?

Oh god, shut up.

Inky understood my posts fine and showed me there was an end-reward, you were the only one that didn't grasp a thing and is now resorting to strawman arguing to look bright.

Wait, people clear maps in < 40 minutes? It takes me a couple hours for each one. Man, no wonder I feel so underleveled compared to some of the rest of the guild.

If you are referring to me saying 40 minutes, I only meant individual objectives, like clearing all vistas or just 'cleaning up an area' after you've done the hearts. And 40 minutes was a complete air grab as I haven't done it :p

But just 100% the 1-15 area and man the XP boost was quite decent consider how much I'm now above it.

SeZMehK

I hit level 45 last night. I was leveling without even realizing it. I am having so much fun that the time flies. Also crafting really does help level when you want to take a break from completing maps. I convinced a coworker to buy this game. Hopefully he did. I would have someone to talk to about the game when I'm at work.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This arguing is insufferable. Can we please get back to gushing about how great GW2 is?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Any official reviews or impressions out yet or is this still under embargo? I wouldn't mind reading some indepth GAF reviews either but the OP doesn't appear to be updated to show anything like that.

And please save the "it's great just play it!" comments. That isn't honest or helpful. I'm not really worried about the financial investment, it's the time spent learning to play and playing that I care about; I want to know if what I'm getting into is worth it.
http://www.tentonhammer.com/reviews/guild-wars-2 - 90/100
http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2012-08-28-videogiochi-guild-wars-2-review-recensione (in Italian) - 10/10

But I personally think that reviewing a MMORPG this soon after the release, when it's almost impossible to see all the content and really dig into the game is a mistake.

KingKong

Can anyone tell me where these two POIs in Kessex Hills are?

One is a small island but I've been up and around and down and I don't see a way inside if its inside it and the second should have jsut been underwater somewhere but it didn't trigger it?

http://i.imgur.com/A0Vsk.jpg

Sethos

Banned
Are the heart events progress now individually tracked? Every one I've done today has only moved when I did something, despite being lots of players around. I think it's good but maybe I'm just drunk.

Cronnie

Just an update on my post earlier about the TP eating up my gold.

The buy offers did eventually show up, not sure whether it was one of the several maintenances that done the trick, or the support ticket I opened up, but got it in the end.

Anyway, all is back to normal, TP is down again ;)

Do they not post any at all anywhere?

THey've been giving out near-daily updates on their wiki page, but nowhere else that I'm aware of.

Just an update on my post earlier about the TP eating up my gold.

The buy offers did eventually show up, not sure whether it was one of the several maintenances that done the trick, or the support ticket I opened up, but got it in the end.

Anyway, all is back to normal, TP is down again ;)

They're doing a rotating 50% of users able to access the Trading Post. Some days you might be able to use it, and not the next. They're still doing a lot of testing to keep everyone from hitting it at once and essentially accidentally performing a DDoS attack, since the trading post is a web-browser based program AFAIK.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are the heart events progress now individually tracked? Every one I've done today has only moved when I did something, despite being lots of players around. I think it's good but maybe I'm just drunk.
That's how they always have been, although multiple players can get progress for, say, killing a mob they both hit.

It's not like DEs where you could theoretically complete it just by being in the right place at the right time with other people doing all the work.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really enjoying this game so far! It does some neat things like giving different abilities based on the weapons you're using. I need a better laptop though. I have everything on low and it chugs.

Cronnie

Can anyone tell me where these two POIs in Kessex Hills are?

One is a small island but I've been up and around and down and I don't see a way inside if its inside it and the second should have jsut been underwater somewhere but it didn't trigger it?

http://i.imgur.com/A0Vsk.jpg

The one in the centre of the lake, you need to make sure you swim down a fair bit, there is an underwater cave there.

For the one to the right, you need to swim down a tunnel underwater too, if I'm not wrong it is roughly between the skill challenge and the POI.

Sethos

Banned
That's how they always have been, although multiple players can get progress for, say, killing a mob they both hit.

It's not like DEs where you could theoretically complete it just by being in the right place at the right time with other people doing all the work.

Ah, yeah I may be thinking of dynamic events, not heart events. Hospital a few days and I'm already rusty :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom