• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

That's a great way to die. I usually find caves or cliffs with champions guarding a chest or a rich ore node when doing that.

Haha, yea. Thats what I usually find when i do that. Veterans I still feel i have a shot at, but Champions wreck me

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've heard nothing but great things. Sounds like a treat.
Ah, my Dark Souls comrade. I'd be shocked if you were anything but thrilled.

All the complaints I've heard (many of which are indeed valid) truly pale in comparison to what's on offer here, and to offer it with no monthly fee is really something.

Heysoos

Can anyone tell me where these two POIs in Kessex Hills are?

One is a small island but I've been up and around and down and I don't see a way inside if its inside it and the second should have jsut been underwater somewhere but it didn't trigger it?

http://i.imgur.com/A0Vsk.jpg

OnXbK.jpg
Hope this helps! Just swim underneath there and you should be good to go.

Jack_AG

Banned
Oh god, shut up.

Inky understood my posts fine and showed me there was an end-reward, you were the only one that didn't grasp a thing and is now resorting to strawman arguing to look bright.

I did it with text:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41642613&postcount=12107

That was before Inky's post.

So clearly, you have a bone to pick with me - to which I'll say: go fuck yourself. I don't care about your bullshit backpedaling, bub. That shit is pitiful. You don't jump on someone for trying to help then LIE about it saying they didn't help. That's awfully shitty, Sethos.

Read the post history, genius. Actually, read it a few times since it escapes you on the first read. You know, a post timeline is just so hard to read these days *rollseyes*

Zeliard

All the complaints I've heard (many of which are indeed valid) truly pale in comparison to what's on offer here, and to offer it with no monthly fee is really something.

No doubt.

I have no idea what kind of character I want to create :p

Cronnie

Umm are the servers permanently full or are they going to open up more slots?

"We added three new worlds in Europe yesterday, three new worlds in America today, and increased the population limits on all worlds."

Slots do open up, just depends on your timing/luck.

"We added three new worlds in Europe yesterday, three new worlds in America today, and increased the population limits on all worlds."

Slots do open up, just depends on your timing/luck.

Wow that's ridiculous, I pay full price for a game and I'm restricted to 3 out of 21 servers in NA? World transfers cost money right?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I might have to pull the trigger on this over the weekend. Still on the fence though as I don't have anyone I know outside GAF to play it with and I heard the GAF guild was full.

Dr Chocapic gave GW2 8 out of 10 (which is pretty good, considering he rated Portal 5/10): http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-guild-wars-2-SU3010010527t.html?pf=pc-160001

Good points according to him:

Well-done art direction
Very well-done spell (visual) effects
Massive world, dense zones
A real feeling of adventure
Varied and variable classes
The big, worldwide events
WvWvW (with good partners)
Tons of good ideas
Helping each other above all

Bad points according to him:

Not much to do with the original Guild Wars anymore
Technically and graphically uneven
Sometimes confusing, often brutal/rough (combat-wise)
Unconvincing personal stories
Some events are too mechanical

Stuart444

World transfers cost money right?

Not at this moment, until worlds stabilize, they are free. After that, you can guest to any server that you have friends on so if you want to guest to the Gaf server, then add anyone from here who is on the Gaf server and get them to add you back so you can guest. However guesting won't be enabled until words stabilize and free transfers are stopped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow that's ridiculous, I pay full price for a game and I'm restricted to 3 out of 21 servers in NA? World transfers cost money right?
1. Did you miss the second half of the sentence entirely?
2. What does whether or not you paid full price (or how much money you pay for the game in general) have to do with how the servers have filled up?
3. For the time being World Transfer are free, I think there are at least a few more days before they require gems.
Hey if any officer is on in the gaf guild could I get an invite. The name is Dabble.
Gotcha. I'm going out for some lunch and groceries but then I'll be back on at least to send invites.

Perkel

Banned
just watched Kripp video. Holyshit. Seriously i was gonna get this game but after hearing this shit my mind was blown away. That's some worst PR stunt i have ever seen.

Sethos

Banned
I did it with text:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41642613&postcount=12107

That was before Inky's post.

So clearly, you have a bone to pick with me - to which I'll say: go fuck yourself. I don't care about your bullshit backpedaling, bub. That shit is pitiful. You don't jump on someone for trying to help then LIE about it saying they didn't help. That's awfully shitty, Sethos.

Read the post history, genius. Actually, read it a few times since it escapes you on the first read. You know, a post timeline is just so hard to read these days *rollseyes*

You just said "you get bonus XP" which I STILL assumed with the petty XP from actually doing the events. In no way do you elaborate. I'm sorry I can't read your thoughts with those shitty explanations you come up with.

Maybe take a lesson from Inky in how to post.

Chocoboko

So would it be better to 100% areas as you reach them or save the 100% completion bonus for when you are higher levels? Do the rewards change?

Sethos

Banned
They seem to scale at least in some way; I just did a 15-25 zone with my 44 character and received pretty good exp and 2 lvl 38 green items.

Hmm, could be. I just did my first 100% in a 1-15 zone as a level 34 and I got under 2k XP and a bunch of sub-level 15 items. That seems pretty appropriate for that area and my level didn't effect it very much.

1. Did you miss the second half of the sentence entirely?
2. What does whether or not you paid full price (or how much money you pay for the game in general) have to do with how the servers have filled up?
3. For the time being World Transfer are free, I think there are at least a few more days before they require gems.

Please don't try to patronize me, I'm not sure why you're so defensive. Getting lucky when a slot opens up, as indicated by the post, is not the same thing as a guarantee of getting into that server. The fact is paying $60 for a game means I expect a better experience 5 days after launch than being extremely limited in my choice of servers.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Just 100%-ed Kessex Hills. Got 3
transmutation stones
and
two pieces of masterwork quality weapons and armor
I sadly couldn't use.

Also some 1500 exp, some silver and 40 soft wooden logs.

Orayn

just watched Kripp video. Holyshit. Seriously i was gonna get this game but after hearing this shit my mind was blown away. That's some worst PR stunt i have ever seen.

Kripp got temp banned for using exploits and now you're not going to get the game?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just 100%-ed Kessex Hills. Got 3
transmutation stones
and
two pieces of masterwork quality weapons and armor
I sadly couldn't use.

Also some 1500 exp, some silver and 40 soft wooden logs.
Weapons and materials for my last 3 100% were terrible. Not 1 of them was of any use to me.

Noaloha

I just had a whale of a time in my allocated afternoon activity of achieving 100% in Lion's Arch.

If you can go into 100%ing this area blind, do so. I was getting reeeeally frustrated trying to find my way to one particular Vista (I'm sure people will know which). Bugger me though if it wasn't *well* worth those grrrrs. Bunches of fun. Feeling pretty good about myself knowing I completed it without resorting to youtube (which I was sooo close to doing, if only for the initial entrance).

Just one more Vista for the 100% now, the vertiginous that's one smack bang in the middle of the Square.

If anyone's online to give out GAFO invites for a Gandaran, I'll be on all day I think. Dee Liminal.

Jack_AG

Banned
Kripp got temp banned for using exploits and now you're not going to get the game?

B-b-b-b-but Kripp says he didn't know he was exploiting! I said earlier in the thread I think its rubbish that someone says they didn't know they were exploiting and think ANet needs to take an easier stance on something THEY screwed up.

Both wrong, in my eyes. Don't bullshit about your exploit and don't ban because you fucked up.

The correct thing would have been to rollback and remove items/gold attained and fixed the issue. Everyone leaves happy. Exploiters lose the time they invested and ANet fixes the issue without starting fires.

Sethos

Banned
I don't like people lying - especially about a conversation I took part in. Plus I'm in one of those FukitolRX moods today.

Oh get off with the lying, I misunderstood your post, you misunderstood mine and then I'm basically a criminal, a prick, go fuck myself.

Get off your high horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom