• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is freaking awesome in itself, let alone knowing it had to be prepared, synchronized and recorded during a six-hour beta.

Also, it made me realize the animations are NOT the same on both genders. The differences are subtle in some cases (watch the arms at 0:26), obvious in others (females don't turn around for the part in 0:23), and almost unnoticeable, but there, throughout the video. This seems to imply that both genders having the "same" dance is, in fact, not due to laziness but, mind-bogglingly, probably intentional (they not only had to record animations twice, but synchronize them perfectly), perhaps precisely so that both genders of each race could do stuff like this (there's also the bit that the sequence is the same and there's no randomization, which would also prevent coordinated dancing like this).

Awesome, thanks for all the info. Any trouble with a PS3 controller with xpadder? i have mine running perfectly while emulating a 360 controller, playing Sleeping Dogs that is, haven´t tried it on mmo´s.

You need MotionInJoy for that, which is also linked in the thread. :) No problems whatsoever with MotionInJoy/XPadder/AutoHotKey, they all get along perfectly.

Edit: Damn double post! :( Sorry! Should I edit

Vinci

Danish
I don't know what ANET did in that build they applied late in the stress test yesterday, but it improved the performance of the game on my system by a considerable margin. So yay, ANET!

Sorry if this was already asked earlier this morning, but my buddy said he had an email alert that stated they may bring the servers up 3 hrs early to ensure they'd be stable. So we should be able to play 9pm on Friday, yes?

Jira

Sorry if this was already asked earlier this morning, but my buddy said he had an email alert that stated they may bring the servers up 3 hrs early to ensure they'd be stable. So we should be able to play 9pm on Friday, yes?

We should be able to so plan accordingly.

ParityBit

So does the key I got from Amazon when I pre-purchased stay the same for release? or must I use a key that comes in the collectors edition? I ask because I will be on travel next week when the actual game comes in the mail!

Ferrio

Banned

Up to 3 hours early, no set time.

Vinci

Danish
This makes me happy, what are your specs?

The shittiest laptop imaginable.

i5 M460 @ 2.53GHz
4 GB ram
ATI Radeon 6550 1 GB

Don't get me wrong: I could even play the game prior to the update; the update just made it enjoyable rather than merely playable.

chiablo

I think the secret to Guild Wars 2 is to play one of the generic "do everything awesome" classes like Warrior or Elementalist. Then once you have that down, you can play some of the crappy classes, like Engineer, Necro, or Ranger... and just play a Warrior or Elementalist forever.

Kem0sabe

Should be "Birch" Reynaldos

My good internet person... you are a genius... i have just made a non corporate approved use of my office supplies (in the form of a sticky note) to write that down.

Pics or it didn't happen :)

Step one... get the pig!

Juvenile Pigs are terrestrial pets that can be charmed by rangers. They are said to be one of the rarest and most exotic pets in Tyria.

431px-Pig_render.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Pig

Ezio

So it's supposed to be up 3AM Saturday for EST right? So bringing it up 3 hours early would be midnight. Of course this is all here say until it actually happens. But I much prefer midnight over 3AM :)

So it's supposed to be up 3AM Saturday for EST right? So bringing it up 3 hours early would be midnight. Of course this is all here say until it actually happens. But I much prefer midnight over 3AM :)
Yep...

This whole "we might launch early" is just a way to make sure we don't sleep at all that night.

If they do launch early it won't be at midnight. I bet like 1 hour early. I think I'll just sleep early and get up at 6AM to play.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alright, here are my 5 characters so far that I'm planning to roll, in order of "importance".

Norn Guardian
Human Thief
Sylvari Elementalist
Asura Engineer
Charr Warrior/Necro

Now people, please tell me If esp Guardian is a good choice or tell me why I suck.

ParityBit

If they do launch early it won't be at midnight. I bet like 1 hour early. I think I'll just sleep early and get up at 6AM to play.

This is my plan. Ill get up at 6, play for a while before golf and then return while the wife is at work :)

Is it bad to drink beer at 6 am while playing?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

But...but..some heathen might take the name you want!

Lurk in mumble waiting for game to go up
Reserve character names
Sleep
Wake up and play

That is my plan.

This man knows whats up.

Alright, here are my 5 characters so far that I'm planning to roll, in order of "importance".

Norn Guardian
Human Thief
Sylvari Elementalist
Asura Engineer
Charr Warrior/Necro

Now people, please tell me If esp Guardian is a good choice or tell me why I suck.

Guardian seems to be quite good at survivability.

Kem0sabe

Norn Guardian
Human Thief
Sylvari Elementalist
Asura Engineer
Charr Warrior/Necro

Sorry to say, i tried everyone of those classes except the Guardian...

Personally i´m more curious about the Mesmer, the class is so ridiculous in concept that it makes me want to roll a Human Mesmer whose biggest regret was not joining the circus.

Anyone mind sharing what they think of the class?

zlatko

Banned
Question for those who pre ordered at GameStop:

Could I pre order the game Friday, play for the weekend when I can, and then if I end up not liking it just cancel the pre order? Odds are either way I'll dig it, but won't be able to buy the game till Sept 7th on a pay day, but I'd like to try it out here this weekend to see if it is as fun as people say.

Violet_0

Banned
Sorry to say, i tried everyone of those classes except the Guardian...

Personally i´m more curious about the Mesmer, the class is so ridiculous in concept that it makes me want to roll a Human Mesmer whose biggest regret was not joining the circus.

Anyone mind sharing what they think of the class?

unfinished, useless class mechanic, terrible trait selection

very fun to play as

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm now the proud owner of a mechanical Steelseries 7G for 30 Euros from Ebay (HA!). Guild Wars 2 may come.

The shittiest laptop imaginable.

i5 M460 @ 2.53GHz
4 GB ram
ATI Radeon 6550 1 GB

Don't get me wrong: I could even play the game prior to the update; the update just made it enjoyable rather than merely playable.

dude, I'm rocking C2D E8400 with DDR2 RAM. I don't want to hear about shitty! I'm going to upgrade before the years over but still, wish I could do it NOW!

zlatko

Banned
Oh and is there a good site online to go look at beta screenshots of various classes and various gears they wear?

I'm still not sure if I want to do Engineer, Necro, or a Warrior. Leaning towards Charr as my race, but may go Human or Asura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom