• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronnie

Is there any way to unlink your GW2 account from your GW1 account? I just realized I linked GW2 with some other account I had for GW1. Was wondering why I didn't have any of my HoM stuff...:\.

Not manually no, you would have to send in a support ticket.

Piecake

Hows the guardian population?

your class really doesnt matter all that much in this game since no one should be 'looking' for a guardian to complete a dungeon.

that said, if you simply like playing the least popular classes, Warrior, guardian and ele, i would imagine, are the top 3.

THF, Mesmer, and Necro are probably at the bottom

>.>. I only ask because i don't like playing overpopulated classes. It makes it hard to find groups @.@.

Doesnt matter in this game. It has a lot more to do with how you spec your character than anything.

SirKhalid

For WvsWvsW, if the server change does it means that I must redo all the point of interest, skill challenge and vista for the enemies battleground?

Jack_AG

Banned
oh also, as a warrior running a Rifle and axe/axe combo with signet skills and the +precision for inactive signets perk, I'm having a very easy time right now. I can beat story missions that are 2-3 levels above me and I'm fine with enemies/hearts/events 3-4 levels above and this is without doing any crafting or buying armor/weapons from vendors, just drops and rewards with gems
Same. Although I did craft a new armor set just to level up my crafting a bit. Axe/Axe and Rifle is a beast combo with +precision and Arms. Its as if every button you hit crits and applies bleeds haha! I might move to a more support based build for dungeons tho. I've also seen people go Rifle/Rifle and disc for constant boon uptime and 1200 range pew pew.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So all my issues with my Necro were resolved by upgrading my gear via karma vendors and a generous guild contribution. I now do not suck as much!

KingKong

As a warrior, anyone know why I cant buy the Mistfire Wolf elite skill? It doesnt have the cost under it

Also, are the transform things useful? They seem cool but only last 20sec and have 2min cooldowns

khefka

Neo Member
well, no tanking in guild wars 2, but Guardian? You might find that has a similar vibe to a paladin
No tanking? Then why did someone tell me 'nice tanking' after we duo'd the troll boss in Caledon Forest swamp? I kid, can't really call it tanking when you don't get hit once. :p

I shoulda tried maces earlier, love it compared to the sword
Yeah for pve it's pretty great with all the healing. Plus I got a sweet looking rare (yellow) one from a boss drop.

As a warrior, anyone know why I cant buy the Mistfire Wolf elite skill? It doesnt have the cost under it
It's a digital deluxe bonus only, it's just there to tempt you to upgrade in the gem store. Think you can get it (and some other goodies) for 20 bucks.

Beware of story quest "A grisly shipment" at level 76. It's bugged and will not allow you to progress in your personal story. Ran through it twice trying to figure out why the NPC wasn't giving me the bomb but it seems to be a known issue as it's posted in gw2guru by lots of people.

CAW

the second ability is damn powerful, you just got to aim it perfectly. I think its best used in combination with another kit. Personally, I think grenade and flamethrower kit is deadly. since you got a crap ton of slows, knock backs, blinds and fields.

I use grenades mostly for damage, flamethrower for damage and utility and my pistols to pump bullets through my fields

Cool, thanks for the tips.

I'm at my girlfriends at the moment and I installed the game on my laptop. She doesn't have the internet but one of her neighbours has an open router which I'm using for the internet. Is it risky to connect to the game from this connection? I just know I got an email from my IP address when I installed the game yesterday at home, and I just don't want to mess that up. that would suck.

Holy shit, I hope these reports aren't real, but it seems like China originated hackers are getting everyone's password.

Either that, or anyone in the world with China IP proxies.

2EiES.jpg

True Mesmers wear green.

Time for some gem talk:

Anyone else think that the price of gems in real money compared to using in-game money actively discourages people from buying gems with cash, and instead just playing for a few hours and cashing in some silver/gold?

I've made 800 gems over the past 4-5 days, and it seems absolutely absurd to me that someone would pay $10 instead of simply playing a game with no sub. fee and getting the gems, essentially, for free.

I suppose that's just subjective, and some people are willing to part with $10 like it's no big deal, but for me, it's almost like I'm getting paid to play the game, in the sense that "Oh, instead of paying $10, I'll just keep playing and enjoying myself, and then pick up that $10 item 'for free.'" This feeling is further enforced by the fact that there don't seem to be many in-game money dumps, like traditional MMOs had in the form of training and mounts, so it doesn't feel like there's any opportunity cost associated with using my gold for gems.

Now, with the gem market being dynamic, and gold-gem conversion being market driven, it leads me to ask another question: will the amount of in-game currency required for gems be increasing significantly in the near future, in a way that makes players more enticed to spend real currency for gems? If so, couldn't we become very wealthy in-game by dumping all our in-game currency into gems right now, and then cashing in those gems in 1-2 months?

A lot of this is "well no duh, dude" I guess, but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Time for some gem talk:

Anyone else think that the price of gems in real money compared to using in-game money actively discourages people from buying gems with cash, and instead just playing for a few hours and cashing in some silver/gold?

I've made 800 gems over the past 4-5 days, and it seems absolutely absurd to me that someone would pay $10 instead of simply playing a game with no sub. fee and getting the gems, essentially, for free.

I suppose that's just subjective, and some people are willing to part with $10 like it's no big deal, but for me, it's almost like I'm getting paid to play the game, in the sense that "Oh, instead of paying $10, I'll just keep playing and enjoying myself, and then pick up that $10 item 'for free.'" This feeling is further enforced by the fact that there don't seem to be many in-game money dumps, like traditional MMOs had in the form of training and mounts, so it doesn't feel like there's any opportunity cost associated with using my gold for gems.

Now, with the gem market being dynamic, and gold-gem conversion being market driven, it leads me to ask another question: will the amount of in-game currency required for gems be increasing significantly in the near future, in a way that makes players more enticed to spend real currency for gems? If so, couldn't we become very wealthy in-game by dumping all our in-game currency into gems right now, and then cashing in those gems in 1-2 months?

A lot of this is "well no duh, dude" I guess, but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

In general, there are people who are willing to pay money instead of spend time, but the current exchange rate actually weights playing the game over spending money pretty heavily. There might still be people who choose to spend money, but it's badly weighted right now.

I appreciate that I don't have to sit through any logos before hitting the character screen.

Unfortunately, the old login screen was AMAZING. I miss the in-game login screen, and wish I could turn it on.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Did anyone else not have to get through Email Authentication yet? I'm getting a bit worried here, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom