• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So it looks like I chose a great day to go hiking? Sweeeeet. By the time I'm home (in like 10h) it'll hopefully be working again!

Zeliard

It's telling me to authenticate my e-mail address every time I boot the game up, and I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I've still been able to get in and play. Dunno.

Noaloha

Ooooooh. I just discovered something neat.

For those of you who find your left hand's business with sandwiches and drinks and bodily scratches gets in the way of continued locomotion, try pressing both left and right mouse button at the same time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, I mean, I guess Darksiders got away with it

For those of you who find your left hand's business with sandwiches and drinks and bodily scratches gets in the way of continued locomotion, try pressing both left and right mouse button at the same time.
Neat.

Kingbrave

That's the way it is in most MMO's is it not?

Rapstah

So this morning I apparently got an e-mail from noreply@guildwars2.com saying that I changed the e-mail to my Arenanet account and supplying me with a confirmation link. I checked for faked headers and mislabelled links and it all seems legit - the confirmation link actually links to https://account.guildwars2.com which is the official URL. My Guild Wars account is in fact not set to this e-mail and I just logged into it (using my old one) on the Guild Wars 2 web site to double-check this. What's going on here? I haven't even thought about my Guild Wars account for more than a year and I can't remember ever trying to change its linked e-mail address, much less recently!

Asking in this thread because it is related to the game and impacts how I'll register the game when I actually end up buying it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So this morning I apparently got an e-mail from noreply@guildwars2.com saying that I changed the e-mail to my Arenanet account and supplying me with a confirmation link. I checked for faked headers and mislabelled links and it all seems legit - the confirmation link actually links to https://account.guildwars2.com which is the official URL. My Guild Wars account is in fact not set to this e-mail and I just logged into it (using my old one) on the Guild Wars 2 web site to double-check this. What's going on here? I haven't even thought about my Guild Wars account for more than a year and I can't remember ever trying to change its linked e-mail address, much less recently!

Asking in this thread because it is related to the game and impacts how I'll register the game when I actually end up buying it.
As long as you can log into you account with your expected email and password, take no action regarding any email you may have received.

etiolate

Banned

The Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 accounts are linked. There's a lot of hacking attempts and phishing attemtps going on because of GW2 launch. Because of this, people who have at one time had a Guild Wars account or even just had a GW2 beta key via promotional use have been getting emails notifying them that people are trying to change their password.

It's just a swarm of hackers going through every email/pw they got from hacked databases to get access to GW2 accounts.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright guys. I'm just going to not attend the Dungeon thing tonight. Sorry. I have no excuses. I'm just cancelling. If yall want to still do it then you can do it of course, but I'll be sitting out. Sorry.

Ghost23

Just curious, would this setup be able to run GW2 at a decent FPS on low?

Intel Core 2 Duo (4M Cache, 2.40 GHz)
Nvidia Geforce 7900 GS (256MB)
2 GB RAM

So, some of you have never been around for an mmo launch?

Yeah. This fucking sucks, but being the first weekend after release, not too shocked. My question that I hope they answer is why we are needing the emails to begin with, bug or hackers?

I still hate any of you who are able to play right now. Five hours without my fix.

He's writing his Dark Souls review, which is good because I hear that game is really relaxing

LOL.

I took a gif-shot of a volcano raid boss I just killed:

R5FwS.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alright guys. I'm just going to not attend the Dungeon thing tonight. Sorry. I have no excuses. I'm just cancelling. If yall want to still do it then you can do it of course, but I'll be sitting out. Sorry.
Haha, well, I'll be around and I was planning to do it. Happy to pick up the organization if others are still in.
I took a gif-shot of a volcano raid boss I just killed:

R5FwS.gif
Whoa, how do you do this?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey Ash, where's that Frost Gun? You need to make a thread with all of these and the locations on gafguild.

I found a frost gun in... Let me think...
Lornar's Pass, inside of the mine in the north/northwest!

kn1ves24

Does anybody know a good place to get reliable drops for Jute? I seem to always need it but I rarely get drops for it. I know there is something that you can salvage that seems to always give some but I don't ever seem to get those either.

Also is there any mobbing going on tonight? I'm pretty low level (24) but I wouldn't mind joining up with some folks if anybody is planning on doing that.

inky

Nice gif. That monster bugged on us 1 time when we were about to kill him. Second time got him without an issue but the rewards were pretty shitty. He has a cool name.

eek5

Does anybody know a good place to get reliable drops for Jute? I seem to always need it but I rarely get drops for it. I know there is something that you can salvage that seems to always give some but I don't ever seem to get those either.

Also is there any mobbing going on tonight? I'm pretty low level (24) but I wouldn't mind joining up with some folks if anybody is planning on doing that.

go to human area. seems like best place..

but it's still a pain in the butt

ShaneB

What's the update on Server transfers? My friend just bought the game and of coruse wanted to get on the same server as me, but Stormbluff Isle is full as we all know. Server transfers still free for a little while?

Quoting myself, looks like this was missed. Any answers would be much appreciated.

Arcteryx

Quoting myself, looks like this was missed. Any answers would be much appreciated.

I tried to transfer this morning because I saw it opened up for a brief moment, but after waiting ~10 mins and relogging it didn't do anything. It doesn't have a point cost to transfer, but I think its broken atm.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I don't know if they're still free, but you should tell your friend to try and transfer at 3 AM or something. That's how my friends were able to get into Full servers.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Server transfers are still free as of today, but they will cost gems once the player count stabilizes. It's also not possible to transfer to a full server, so if you really want to play with your buddy, you have to transfer to his server.

ShaneB

Thanks folks, that clarifies that. I guess they're simply full based on current population, not actual accounts based on that server.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

No scheduled mobbing, but I need to level a bit and save up for some armor before Catacombs tonight if you wanna go around (happy to go to anyhere, even if I've done it).
I was planning on it, so I'm still down to do this.
Sweet.
Same here. Better have enough players for AC, I've been dutifully leveling my main for tonight.
Well, that's at least three. I've never done it and barely know what to expect, but the overarching strategy for my team is going to be:
1) Take it slow
2) Call targets and focus fire
3) Make rezzing priority one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom