• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

I took a gif-shot of a volcano raid boss I just killed:

R5FwS.gif
Just seen this on 4chan /vg/

Ken

You can only do story mode once IIRC.

I think when I walked up to the entrance I had the option of retrying SM.

^If you guys need more players for level 30 AC I would be down. Not in the guild though but you can find me by IGN: Moffles.

W1SSY

Supposedly email authentication is working but it may take a bit to get the email because of how many they have to send out.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Anyone else having an issue joining your parties story mission. Sometimes it let's me join sometimes not. We are both on same server standing next to each other and group but it seems random if we can do the mission together.

etiolate

Banned
Anyone else having an issue joining you parties story mission. Sometimes it let's me join sometimes not. We are both on same server standing next to each other and group but it seems random if we can do the mission together.

I had that issue a few days ago, but it has since gone away for me. I'm not sure what is causing it.

suko_32

Does anybody know a good place to get reliable drops for Jute? I seem to always need it but I rarely get drops for it. I know there is something that you can salvage that seems to always give some but I don't ever seem to get those either.

Also is there any mobbing going on tonight? I'm pretty low level (24) but I wouldn't mind joining up with some folks if anybody is planning on doing that.

I personally go to Beggar's Burrow to farm jutes. You even get a resplendent chest while you're there.

Instro

Is there any way to unlink your GW2 account from your GW1 account? I just realized I linked GW2 with some other account I had for GW1. Was wondering why I didn't have any of my HoM stuff...:\.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Have to say it took awhile to "get it" since I haven't WoW'd in yonks but now I'm lvl 18 it's finally getting there. I find the combat ridiculiously hard at times though that's just probably me attempting quests 2-3 levels above me haha

Going to go back now and 100% some areas since it looks like you get decent rewards. I must be missing something though, is there mounts or anything, kind of tired of toggling R :p

Thanks to Hawkian for getting me in the overflow guild. I have a tome of influence, so as soon as I the represent button goes through I'll use it.

Now I just need to get on Stormbluff - been impossible so far.

Anno

Have to say it took awhile to "get it" since I haven't WoW'd in yonks but now I'm lvl 18 it's finally getting there. I find the combat ridiculiously hard at times though that's just probably me attempting quests 2-3 levels above me haha

Going to go back now and 100% some areas since it looks like you get decent rewards. I must be missing something though, is there mounts or anything, kind of tired of toggling R :p

No mounts. Think they said there wouldn't be mounts unless the would serve a purpose other than + movement speed. And I don't think there will ever be flying mounts...at least I hope not.

Audioboxer

Finally got my authentication email...

Dark Souls inspired names I've bagged for characters haha

Asura Elementalist: Small Hat Logan
Charr Warrior: Sif Of Artorias
Human Necromancer: Gwyndolin Darkmoon
Human Guardian: Sun Knight Solaire

Just playing around, might play as one of them though!

Piecake

Using waypoints? I feel that those are well-placed that I dont really feel like I spend a lot of time running to a destination

Fumoffu

Neo Member
No mounts. Think they said there wouldn't be mounts unless the would serve a purpose other than + movement speed. And I don't think there will ever be flying mounts...at least I hope not.

Ah dang, least there's quite a lot of waypoints. Guess need to find something to boost my move speed.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Using waypoints? I feel that those are well-placed that I dont really feel like I spend a lot of time running to a destination

Definitely like this mechanic, point and click -- saves time from buying TP scrolls in traditional MMORPG's. I guess it's me finding "running" a little tedios.

liezryou

Ok so i got the game. DLing, but while i do i would like to ask you guys if you have any recommendations as to what class or whatever i should play (Don't remember a thing from GW1, played it for like a month on release). In WoW my main for many years has been ret paladin. That being said, i also enjoy tanking alot. Guide me GAF!

Piecake

Ok so i got the game. DLing, but while i do i would like to ask you guys if you have any recommendations as to what class or whatever i should play (Don't remember a thing from GW1, played it for like a month on release). In WoW my main for many years has been ret paladin. That being said, i also enjoy tanking alot. Guide me GAF!

well, no tanking in guild wars 2, but Guardian? You might find that has a similar vibe to a paladin

Stormbluff server is only at high population right now (not full) for those trying to switch - will probably only be like that for a few minutes - but I finally got my character on the GAF server!

CAW

Any tips for a level 9 (close to 10) engineer? I just got the flamethrower kit but it doesn't seem very powerful (kept hearing how fun/awesome it was). Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong?

CAW

Stormbluff server is only at high population right now (not full) for those trying to switch - will probably only be like that for a few minutes - but I finally got my character on the GAF server!

Crap, that didn't last long lol. Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep trying.

KingKong

man Gendarran Fields is a weird place, it goes from beaches and fields to a snowing mountain peak in a second

it seems like it's good for around 5 levels to 100% it with story missions and some crafting so it opens a few options (the 25-40 zone or 30-40 zone)

Jack_AG

Banned
Warrior or Guardian both have strong support abilities. I dig Warrior support a bit more due to banners being movable after placement and even usable for group speed buffs, charge knockdown and attacks when picking them up. Both are very fun but I think Warrior might have a better bonus for movement since those those stationary buffs come in handy in PvP where Guardian AOE ground boons can be ranged.

If you like ranged options - most classes can play this route but this is where Ele shines with 4 attunements and depending on the weapons used - great damage or great support and soft CC.

KingKong

oh also, as a warrior running a Rifle and axe/axe combo with signet skills and the +precision for inactive signets perk, I'm having a very easy time right now. I can beat story missions that are 2-3 levels above me and I'm fine with enemies/hearts/events 3-4 levels above and this is without doing any crafting or buying armor/weapons from vendors, just drops and rewards with gems

liezryou

well, no tanking in guild wars 2, but Guardian? You might find that has a similar vibe to a paladin

I was looking at that, but it doesn't seem to have that high damage capabilities (based on it's traits).

Warrior or Guardian both have strong support abilities. I dig Warrior support a bit more due to banners being movable after placement and even usable for group speed buffs, charge knockdown and attacks when picking them up. Both are very fun but I think Warrior might have a better bonus for movement since those those stationary buffs come in handy in PvP where Guardian AOE ground boons can be ranged.

If you like ranged options - most classes can play this route but this is where Ele shines with 4 attunements and depending on the weapons used - great damage or great support and soft CC.

I guess i should say i more like the damage portion of ret pallys, rather then their utility and support capabilities. Warrior seems to be more my style, but i think that profession is probably overpopulated already xD.

Piecake

Any tips for a level 9 (close to 10) engineer? I just got the flamethrower kit but it doesn't seem very powerful (kept hearing how fun/awesome it was). Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong?

the second ability is damn powerful, you just got to aim it perfectly. I think its best used in combination with another kit. Personally, I think grenade and flamethrower kit is deadly. since you got a crap ton of slows, knock backs, blinds and fields.

I use grenades mostly for damage, flamethrower for damage and utility and my pistols to pump bullets through my fields

I was looking at that, but it doesn't seem to have that high damage capabilities (based on it's traits).

Guardians can do some damn good damage. sword and torch is a damage dealing machine. and greatsword is just awesome

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Any benefit of having two accounts that you guys can think of? lol

A friend decided he didn't want and gave me his account so now I'm wondering if i should keep or give to my bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom