• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fivefold

Banned
Get karma armor from heart npcs, it's usually pretty cool looking and will be probably better than whatever you're using if your level matches the area.

bounchfx

There's tons of different looking stuff while you level...
I've 100%'d 4zones so far, hit level 40 and seen at least 10different sets (complete) for Light armor, are you guys checking karma vendors / drops / crafts / PvP ?

as far as I know you can't wear PVP armor outside of the pvp area.. and as for the karma vendor stuff, I write off looking at them immediately for some reason, either the stuff is too expensive or it's not as good as what I'm using. Of course I look at drops, and most are garbage or look the same. I've gotten one interesting sword but shit stats. Crafting, not too much yet, but what I've made for armor has looked the same as the drops. oy!

Where would you recommend looking? where are the good karma vendors that aren't the culture ones?

Piecake

Anyone liking Engineer?

Thinking of taking a break from Ranger and going Engineer. It would have been my first pick, as I love the style, but I strayed away since everyone said they suck in PvP.

Im loving them. tons of fun. And why does it matter if they suck in pvp? You could always have a different profession for your main pvp dude.

Instro

Armour change needs to happen a lot sooner than that.

It's like a holdover from GW1 where armor variety explodes once you get to level 20. To some degree I would rather have most of the variety focused in the end game in this regard, particularly when you are running through equipment so quickly as you level up, but its a misstep to not have more available for lower levels. I suppose the dye system counterbalances this to some extent though.

My character looks even worse now:

n8Cby.jpg

The M.O.B

Some of you don't use transmutation stones do you? Just take the good looking armor and combine with your armor with good attributes.

There is new looking armor everywhere.

Some of you don't use transmutation stones do you? Just take the good looking armor and combine with your armor with good attributes.

I salvaged all my old armor pieces because I didn't have transmutation stones. Now I have four of them and nothing to transmute. Also, armor vendors won't sell level 1 armor pieces anymore, just level 20 and up, but I won't pay more than 1 silver just for a skin.

Ken

None I would consider "new looking" for heavy armor for humans at low levels. Everything is chainmail.

Sethos

Banned

There's good looking armour nowhere, not for my Warrior at least.

You kinda need to have some actual good looking gear to transmute the stuff you are wearing.

Everything is the exact same piece of chainmail.

None I would consider "new looking" for heavy armor for humans at low levels. Everything is chainmail.

Yeah, I'm a norn warrior and literally every piece of armor I've worn (besides heritage) is chainmail or scale mail. I can't wait to actually get into plate mail.

fauxtrot

Banned
Sorry to ask simple questions, but I searched around and couldn't find anything. My brother had to join another server (Anvil Rock) because Stormbluff is full. We are in the same party, but I can't figure out how to get to his server or get him to mine so that we can play together. Any ideas?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... How much more expensive did order gear get? I was just looking at it yesterday thinking how cheap it was -.- but didn't buy because I'm nowhere near that level... Damn.

The M.O.B

Sorry to ask simple questions, but I searched around and couldn't find anything. My brother had to join another server (Anvil Rock) because Stormbluff is full. We are in the same party, but I can't figure out how to get to his server or get him to mine so that we can play together. Any ideas?

Try starting an instance like a dungeon or something, he may be able to join you there. But you won't be able to be together in the normal world unless your both on the same server.

You could always transfer servers over to Anvil Rock to join him, it's still free I think.

Theman2k

It's possible your e-mail/pw is on some kind of list somewhere. I'd secure my PW on all accounts using that e-mail as login just to be safe.

OK, now what ?
Should i connect with arena net support ?

fuck i feel so mad and alerted in the same time !

eek5

OK, now what ?
Should i connect with arena net support ?

fuck i feel so mad and alerted in the same time !

As far as GW2 goes, there is not much the people can do with your account unless they get access to your e-mail. Make sure not to click on links in those authorization emails for obvious reasons lol

etiolate

Banned
I'm pretty sure a bunch of unauthorized attempts from a foreign country will alert ANet. You shouldn't need to contact support unless they got into game.

squall23

Guest mode (temporarily joining another server with friends) is apparently not up yet.

Ferga

I know that feeling. :(

Are you doing story or explorer? I want to run explorer for the dungeon armor but I know it will be a terrible experience.

Story. I went through the first run with a nice party but then the tanky traited guardian had to go.

Went through it a second time and our new guardian just left without saying a word halfway through

Gave up by then lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fuuuuuck. Just when I got the money I can't purchase GW2 serial :(

Are they available in places like Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom