• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingbrave

Haha, yes, you have to repair your armor in WvW. It's really best to think of WvW as the intersection of PvE and PvP. You can do dynamic events out there and get XP without ever encountering a human player.

Also it's incentive to stay alive longer ;)

You don't have to repair armor in sPvP.

I figured, but I'm sensitive about epileptics so I edited to link it.

It's no problem, you didn't have to do that. I'm not photosensitive anyway. I feel bad now.

KePoW

Banned
Haha, yes, you have to repair your armor in WvW. It's really best to think of WvW as the intersection of PvE and PvP. You can do dynamic events out there and get XP without ever encountering a human player.

Also it's incentive to stay alive longer ;)

Thanks for the clear answer.

But man that sucks ass. I think that's bad design, I was looking forward to constant WvW. Don't know why they would have repair costs in pvp

Torraz

Regarding Monthly Achievements.

1. My monthly achievements did not reset. They are still at around 56%. Is this a bug or a feature? Most of them, except for the "don't die" one were above rank 1.

2. How does the "get 25/50/75/100k" xp monthly achievement work? It's currently stuck at 14k for me.

"2. How does the "get 25/50/75/100k" xp monthly achievement work? It's currently stuck at 14k for me."

It's get that amount of XP without dying (or being downed...or being put into Overflow). So if it's stuck at 14k, you got 14k xp then died...or were downed...or were put into overflow and haven't gotten that amount yet.

I can kinda see it, but this is a complaint for SWTOR, not GW2. There's actually a nice variety of zones to visit at each level range, and perhaps in the future that variety will increase. Where SWTOR had you on a completely linear path through the planets for leveling purposes, GW2 has 2 or 3 zones at any given level where you can be. If you just do the area quests and events, you'll probably find yourself underleveled and needing to do more than one level-appropriate zone, and then the complaint might be legitimate.

If you're a completionist psychopath like that Reddit poster, then complaining about replay value is stupid. Of course it's gonna lack replay value if you do every single thing in the entire game. That's kinda the definition in an MMO. You could do it in WoW too. The fact that there are any options at all while leveling puts it above many other MMOs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's no problem, you didn't have to do that. I'm not photosensitive anyway. I feel bad now.
Haha, no, I'm saying, I figured you were joking but I hadn't considered that there might be epileptics in the thread, so it's better just to link :)
Regarding Monthly Achievements.

1. My monthly achievements did not reset. They are still at around 56%. Is this a bug or a feature? Most of them, except for the "don't die" one were above rank 1.

2. How does the "get 25/50/75/100k" xp monthly achievement work? It's currently stuck at 14k for me.
I'm thinking they're giving us September for this first batch of achievements.

Kingbrave

Haha, no, I'm saying, I figured you were joking but I hadn't considered that there might be epileptics in the thread, so it's better just to link :)

I'm thinking they're giving us September for this first batch of achievements.

Okay, I was just making sure. And honestly, I do have seizures but it's gotta be a lot worse than that.

Torraz

"2. How does the "get 25/50/75/100k" xp monthly achievement work? It's currently stuck at 14k for me."

It's get that amount of XP without dying (or being downed...or being put into Overflow). So if it's stuck at 14k, you got 14k xp then died...or were downed...or were put into overflow and haven't gotten that amount yet.

So, to progress this achievement I need to get more than 14k to progress it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like that if you search for "thief steal skills" on google, the first result is not a primer on how to steal things, but a wiki page for this game
KuGsj.gif

I agree with this as well. I tried making new characters and got super bored replaying areas. Leveling up taking so long certainly didn't help. Even with my main (32 Asura Engineer) I feel like the game is getting quite repetitive in terms of PvE. One of the big reasons is that the story sucks, at least so far. It's hard to blame Anet for this as creating an engaging plot for a game this massive and lengthy isn't an easy task, but I don't even read the heart quest NPCs anymore and sometimes skip the personal story quest dialogues.

The quests and dynamic events are usually the same thing over and over with an occasional hitch in there to differentiate. Again, it would be almost impossible to create a game really varied and fun quests with this much content so it's hard to blame them, but at the same time that's not my concern...it's either fun or it isn't.

I wish I could just skip to lvl 80 in PvE. The levels and items I'm gaining now seem kinda pointless because you know there's something better right around the corner so your items don't feel valuable.

Another thing is that the Engineer is just such a varied class with so many play style options and cool, satisfying skills that creating a new character feels like a downgrade. I've looked at all the slot skills and elite skills for the other classes and am not that impressed compared to the Engineer. Maybe I'll just play this guy forever and not make a new toon.

KePoW

Banned
My highest character is only 19 so far, but does anyone know if the race stories and voice acting is as good as some of the class stories from TOR?

That's one thing I thought was excellent in TOR.

Gritesh

FINALLY!!!

I got a transfer over to Stormbluff Isle,

Now to get a guild invite!

My in name is Gritesh.5716

Although I have been having really bad lag lately in game.

Gritesh

Yeah game is unplayable for me now.

I had no issues for the whole week, and starting Friday night it has just been unplayable lag I thought maybe it was a server side issue.

But now I'm trying to play again today and no dice, massive lag again.

Just had a lag spike that lasted over a minute long.. this is no good.

Achtius

I had no issues for the whole week, and starting Friday night it has just been unplayable lag I thought maybe it was a server side issue.

First weekend after the official launch of the game =/

Jrmint

To whoever told me to go to Hoelbrak - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This area is amazing after leaving the starting Asura area, I haven't even left the main city yet, I just can't stop exploring.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Where did you transfer to Stormbluff from?
To whoever told me to go to Hoelbrak - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This area is amazing after leaving the starting Asura area, I haven't even left the main city yet, I just can't stop exploring.
Haven't even touched the Norn areas yet since BWE1. I can't wait.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My highest character is only 19 so far, but does anyone know if the race stories and voice acting is as good as some of the class stories from TOR?

That's one thing I thought was excellent in TOR.
Haven't played it but I have to wager there's little chance. That stuff is one thing Bioware REALLY holds a class on their own.

edit: Damnit Chrome! I clicked edit I swear! I told you not to have so many tabs!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yeah, I really haven't liked any of the VA. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's a bit off. Stiff or something. It's like the uncanny valley of audio.

Gritesh

Where did you transfer to Stormbluff from?

Haven't even touched the Norn areas yet since BWE1. I can't wait.

I had the issues on Henge as well.

Like I said it's weird, I had no issues all last week, game was lots of fun, ran smooth as butter etc...

This weekend I haven't been able to play due to the constant lag outs.

Other people saying they aren't having issues...reading about some people having issues.

It seems to happen when I activate combat, just running around is find, but as soon as a mob aggros me or I attack or use an ability, its all downhill from there..

"Yeah, I really haven't liked any of the VA. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's a bit off. Stiff or something. It's like the uncanny valley of audio."

It's just like GW1, except with a few higher profile VAs besides Steve Blum.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
It's just like GW1, except with a few higher profile VAs besides Steve Blum.
Yeah, but GW1 had the excuse of being old. The cutscenes made sure to remind me of that fact, haha.

I did find Caithe's actress to be pretty weak, which is too bad because she's actually a great character.
I agree. I enjoyed her in the book, and she actually didn't turn out anything like I imagined, which put an even bigger damper on the experience.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Haven't found a nice helm in the game but I did find a nice semi gold dye.

480WW.png

I really, really need new pants.

That looks rad.

As a Lvl 27 warrior myself, I just replaced my chest, shoulder and leg armor with brand new items, and guess what. GENERIC FUCKING CHAINMAIL.
It's the exact same look I was rocking at level one.

Seriously annoyed by the lack of diversity in the armor and weapons.

Lebron

I literally must have rez'd 50 people during the Fire Elemental (Thaumanova Reactor Fallout) boss encounter. Good god, that thing was just awful.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
*scratches head* It wasn't old when it came out...
Yeah, but VA standards (and all standards really) aren't as high as they are now. They met the standards at the time, which is fine.

GW2 VA doesn't really match the stuff we get in say, Bioware, Valve, or even Blizzard games. I'm ok with that, it's just a shame the VA doesn't match the quality of the art or music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom