• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there a decent gaming mouse out there with maybe 3-4 thumb buttons? 10 is just too much, but I wouldn't mind an extra one or two buttons over the usual 2.

I wish there were something like the Corsair M90 with just half the thumb buttons.

dot

Finally in the GAF (overflow) guild, thanks Hawkian! Was hoping to get in the main guild...oh well.

How do i know if i'm representing the guild or not? I press "Represent" and nothing happens.

etiolate

Banned
Greatsword and Something/Torch. Suggestions on the something?

sword/torch

I'm starting to greatly improve my skills as a melee mesmer. I am going sword/sword and staff. Sometimes I replace the staff with GS, but the drawback to GS is you have stay ranged to get the best out of it, while I can play mid-range with staff at no loss.

I can stay at melee range sword/sword for long periods of time without taking much damage. The key is the distortion on Blurred Frenzy and the Block on OH Sword. It gives me two ohshiiii moves, and I also dodge backwards when I'm out of those moves, summon iSwordsman, then go back in. The low CD on Blurred Frenzy means you can hop into it at a frequent state. The other bit is that iLeap is very useful for jumping into your foe and directly following with Blurred Frenzy. The leap and swap will sometimes drop aggro off you to your clone, giving you more time to stay in melee.

Keric

Is there a decent gaming mouse out there with maybe 3-4 thumb buttons? 10 is just too much, but I wouldn't mind an extra one or two buttons over the usual 2.

I wish there were something like the Corsair M90 with just half the thumb buttons.

Have you looked at the Naga Hex

Tetsuo9

Completed CM with this nice bunch of GAF

qLZtNh.jpg

UvQnMh.jpg

Too bad I was a frame away from capturing the barrel exploding for the fireworks

quoted for awesomeness and for me being there :D.

Raxum

What builds are engineers going? I'm 43 on my Asura engineer going dual pistols and loving it. Stacking bleeds and crit, with burn on crit and using the grenade pack. Feeling pretty squishy at the moment compared to the guardian I'm levelling with, and actually surprised that he seems to be doing more damage and has just as much if not more mobility than me. Plus all the additional effects he has stacked on himself. Kind of feel they're a little too powerful. Maybe it's just that he's direct damage and I'm going conditions and effectively AoE. And I've heard that ranged does less damage than melee in this.

Yuripaw

Banned
Does anyone know of any deals or sales going on with this game anywhere? I've already browsed CAG with no success, but I thought I'd check it out with you folks in this thread =/ really wanna buy this game because all my friends are playing, but I gotta save where ever I can.

Piecake

Damn, the lag is nuts today. I could barely function in some of the gigantic DEs. Think ill go to a lowbie zone and take it easy exploring it. dont want to be lagging this bad in the next zone

Those gigantic DEs were amazing though. Hirathi highlands is definitely where those start to feel EPIC

Im finding speccing into Vitality and toughness is the way to go. I feel much more powerful now than i did focusing on power, mainly because i dont die in 3 hits.

What builds are engineers going? I'm 43 on my Asura engineer going dual pistols and loving it. Stacking bleeds and crit, with burn on crit and using the grenade pack. Feeling pretty squishy at the moment compared to the guardian I'm levelling with, and actually surprised that he seems to be doing more damage and has just as much if not more mobility than me. Plus all the additional effects he has stacked on himself. Kind of feel they're a little too powerful. Maybe it's just that he's direct damage and I'm going conditions and effectively AoE. And I've heard that ranged does less damage than melee in this.

I rock dual pistols with grenades, flamethrower and elixir B. And like I said, am specced 20 into alch, 10 into precision, and am working on Vit at the moment (43 also).

Finally in the GAF (overflow) guild, thanks Hawkian! Was hoping to get in the main guild...oh well.

How do i know if i'm representing the guild or not? I press "Represent" and nothing happens.

If you still see the represent button after clicking it, you got a bug. i hear trying it a different zone or not the overflow or something works sometimes

j-wood

Can someone explain how the meet highest buyer option works? Do people go into the trading Post and say what they want then wait or something?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Damn, the lag is nuts today. I could barely function in some of the gigantic DEs. Think ill go to a lowbie zone and take it easy exploring it. dont want to be lagging this bad in the next zone
Mmm, thought I was the only one. Just quit my session today because of DA LAG. Hope it's better later tonight when I play.

Ferny

Can someone explain how the meet highest buyer option works? Do people go into the trading Post and say what they want then wait or something?

Essentially yes, you put in a buy order and then it gets supplied as people would like to sell it to you for whatever amount you request.

Reikon

Are you forcing FXAA in the drivers to pull that off? Because that shouldn't happen if the game has implemented FXAA properly.

Yeah, I call BS on those screenshots using the in-game AA option. There is zero change in the text using the in-game FXAA option. That text blur usually only happens using forced driver FXAA.

Raxum

I rock dual pistols with grenades, flamethrower and elixir B. And like I said, am specced 20 into alch, 10 into precision, and am working on Vit at the moment (43 also).

I'm 20 into firearms(precision) and 10 into explosives(power) and now trying to decide between alch and tools, considering alch for the elixir duration, same skills I use though. I want to get 30 into firearms and explosives for the increased range on nades and piercing pistol bullets(hopefully they still explode on each hit). And then 10 in either alch or tools. I'm mostly trying to spec for WvW, though it appears to work well for groups in DEs as well.

KuroNeeko

for mesmer... you don't really need to? it all depends on what ya trying to do.

Or... give more details lol.

I switch weapons as a Mesmer in combat all the time, especially when I'm on my own in both PvE and PvP.

I usually start with Staff, then switch to Sword / Pistol long enough to skill 2, 4, and 5 before switching back.

Arksy

Is anyone here having the same problem? Can't decide on a single character, always want to switch classes.

ibnZB.jpg

Give me a quick paragraph on your experiences as a warrior, gurdian and ranger. Help me decide!

Edit: Although it looks like you're having the same trouble yourself. :(

Give me a quick paragraph on your experiences as a warrior, gurdian and ranger. Help me decide!

Edit: Although it looks like you're having the same trouble yourself. :(
Warrior I've had the most fun with (but I'm not sure if I like the story choices I've picked). Guardian is powerful too, but has less weapons and the Staff seems hard to use right. However, using the Torch is pure joy.

If you're going to play Ranger, use the Shortbow. It feels like a machine gun, but prepare to move a lot. I didn't even pay attention to my mets, I just let them run around and do their thing.

KuroNeeko

Finally got around to getting a shot of my girl. I've got a Thief and an Engineer I've been trying out as well, but I'll probably post them later since I can't figure out how to resize the images when I post. : /

Milele.png

Milele, Norn Mesmer.

Is anyone here having the same problem? Can't decide on a single character, always want to switch classes.

ibnZB.jpg

Yeah, definitely. Even little stuff like name choice, voice acting, story changes will make me go back and reroll. I'm not quite as bad as you, though;D

berva

Neo Member
Sylvari is the best start area imo. Can't go wrong with any though...but human is obviously the most generic.

Sylvari starting area is the ultimate. If I had known this from the start I would have no doubt picked that race over the human race. In fact the "human" story beats are kind of boring me.

Ken

Sylvari starting area is the ultimate. If I had known this from the start I would have no doubt picked that race over the human race. In fact the "human" story beats are kind of boring me.

What's it called when looking for the Asura gate to it?

spirity

Could try the Logitech G500

Yuripaw

Banned
Just got a bunch of new gamepad adopters in the overflow guild. I'm beaming with pride :)

Wait, does this game have gamepad support? If so, how is it? Yet another reason I played FFXI all those years, was because I prefer playing games with a controller...

Ferga

So i'm completely new to the trading post and every time i log on, it seems to be under maintenance.

What kind of items sell for a nice price there? (Nice price would be a few silvers)

I feel like i'm selling some valuable stuff to vendors right now and I don't want to facepalm my forehead into oblivion when I look at trading post and find out I could be a millionaire.

zon

Lvl 41 thief here, I wish I could level faster. :/

Has any good ways, apart from crafting, been developed yet to level up quickly solo?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So i'm completely new to the trading post and every time i log on, it seems to be under maintenance.

What kind of items sell for a nice price there? (Nice price would be a few silvers)

I feel like i'm selling some valuable stuff to vendors right now and I don't want to facepalm my forehead into oblivion when I look at trading post and find out I could be a millionaire.

It's funny you ask that, because the trading post will TELL you what in your inventory sells for what. People can submit orders for specific items, and when you go to your inventory in the trading post, it will tell you what in your inventory has an order up. You can then click on it, fulfill that order, and you get instant money!

(also, you can just list things if you'd like).

In general, you should not be selling anything but junk to vendors, and break down everything else. Then you put those mats in your collection if the TP is down, and sell them on the trading post when it's up.

Has any good ways, apart from crafting, been developed yet to level up quickly solo?

Fastest way to level outside of crafting is to do lots of events.

Instro

I think I've seen it mentioned that WvW gets you tons of exp. Outside of that I guess you kind of stuck with normal PvE stuff.

suko_32

Highest I saw the fake money to gem conversion was 397 gems per gold tonight. It was crazy, but now it has calmed down to around 300 per one gold piece. Come back trading post!

Piecake

ibnZB.jpg

Ive been playing all my alts, but have spent the most time with my engineer. warrior next most. Others ive just kinda fooled around with. But yea, Im not hitting 80 any time soon

http://www.gafguild.com/index.php?threads/controller-gaf-configs.52/

Click on weltall's blog post in the first post and follow the steps. Its seriously awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom