• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it's been a great week of guildwars. back to studying tomorrow, going to be quite difficult to stay away from this. thinking i can probably squeeze in 3 more levels tonight and hit 40 on my ranger before i got to bed.

I have a question for my fellow Guardians:

i rolled a guardian earlier today, haven't tried greatsword yet but mace+torch is very nice. my ranger is so focused on ranged killing i want to try a melee support build.

Dina

Yep
48px-Conjure_Fiery_Greatsword.png

I'm Lv34 now, game is getting better as time goes by...the AC Exp. mode is for 35 and above right?

Good to hear. I've been afraid to spend points in that elite skill in fear of getting it wrong. I've got the elemental, which is nice but I'm not sure how much damage he really does.

Calibrated

Neo Member
Is anyone one gandara available to invite me to the guild please? Ive tried messaging in game but it doesnt seem to be getting to the recipient :( finding it a little boring running around on my own lol. Name in game is korcha.3071. ill keep trying to message the guild leaders anyway in case they dont read this.

KrayzeeGloo

Neo Member
Is anyone one gandara available to invite me to the guild please? Ive tried messaging in game but it doesnt seem to be getting to the recipient :( finding it a little boring running around on my own lol. Name in game is korcha.3071. ill keep trying to message the guild leaders anyway in case they dont read this.

Last I checked before I logged off, it's already filled to the brim with the maximum of 500 members. :\

Any news if the dungeon party system is fixed? Tried to do AC a few times 2 days ago and it kept putting the 5 of us into separate instances.

I ran an instance today with some guildies - whatever the Queensdale one is, CM I think - and we didn't have any problems getting into the same instance; just popped up that the party was there and we all jumped right in. Take this with a grain of salt, however, 'twas my first time ever running an instance but it seemed to run smoothly and I hadn't ran into any problems that I'd been hearing about.

Laxan

Neo Member
Any news if the dungeon party system is fixed? Tried to do AC a few times 2 days ago and it kept putting the 5 of us into separate instances.

Ferga

Yeah god damn thisssss

Doing the level 40 dungeon today was so frustrating

I think it took us 30minutes just to go into the same instance

Stuart444

Yeah god damn thisssss

Doing the level 40 dungeon today was so frustrating

I think it took us 30minutes just to go into the same instance

My team gave up yesterday after 30+ minutes trying to get into the same instance...

though tbf, this is the first time the bug happened to me with dungeons so that's something I guess...

Cronnie

Managed to do a few CM runs with the guild today, had a few issues, but managed to get it working in the end.

If you're having issues try meeting up at the WP outside the dungeon and recreating the party, seemed to fix it for us earlier.

nickcv

seems like there's not a copy anywhere around my town.

Do you know any digital store that still sells it?
i'm ok about buying the digital deluxe as well.

amazon.com still has them, but it doesn't let me buy it because i'm not in the US (Italy here)

Morokh

Is anyone here having the same problem? Can't decide on a single character, always want to switch classes.

ibnZB.jpg

Worse, it took me almost one week just to find a name that i liked and that was not taken for my little Asura Engineer, to really start playing it.
I can almost recreate the little guy with my eyes closed in the character creation menu lol

I'm level 15 now and just got out of the Asura starting zone finally beginning to grasp the general concepts of skills/traits and how crafting works.

It has been a fun trip for the moment mainly because the Asura are funny little guys, the personal story isn't stellar but it's as average as most of what you can find in other RPG's.

Some events tend to respawn a little bit to fast in my opinion, and the combat while in group is really messy visually but so far those are my only complaints.

Quoting myself for the new page so hopefully more people see it and try it!

I've tried playing with a controller, but as a necro I have a lot of area-aimed spells (marks and wells), and I found it impossible to aim those spells quickly enough with a controller. Any solutions for that?

Is anyone here having the same problem? Can't decide on a single character, always want to switch classes.

I've stuck to a single character, but frequently see another player performing an amazing looking attack [typically Mesmers or Elementalists] and decide I want an alt that could recreate it. I create a new character [usually involves playing the tutorial two or three times because I change my mind regarding the class or race as soon as I've entered the world proper], play for a couple of levels, remember the reason I chose Thief was the lack of cooldown and delete the character...

Klyka

Banned
Every dungeon I have tried so far (the first three) have been horribly boring, terribly designed and often buggy messes.
I have no idea how anyone can stomach actually doing them or doing them multiple times.

nickcv

seems like there's not a copy anywhere around my town.

Do you know any digital store that still sells it?
i'm ok about buying the digital deluxe as well.

amazon.com still has them, but it doesn't let me buy it because i'm not in the US (Italy here)

quoting myself.

if a manage somehow to buy the digital edition from amazon.com can i still play in the EU servers?

if so would someone from the us buy it for me?
i can return the money with paypal.

Ken

How are you guardians traiting yourselves? I'm trying to go for a survival/support style guardian so I have 20 in Honor for the HP and 10ish in Virtues for the increased boon duration. Any thoughts on putting points in the Valor tree instead of Virtues for the increased toughness?

I you go for 100% completion I think the game looses replay value. Because you are doing EVERYTHING everywhere. While its fun and feels good, I just realized that it hampers the fun of making alts. so wait on going on the achievement/title/PoI/SP/Vista hunt until after your 80. the game really is better when explored unexpectedly.

Dash27

I think I'm going to have to spend a little Karma for upgrades. I hit 55 and doing my Personal Story quests have gotten a little dicey. Seems to take a while to kill things. I tend to just keep plugging along taking upgrades as I find them since I'll out level anything I get in a couple of days anyway.

Looking over my stuff I still have some level 20 and 30 items, some with no upgrades slotted. Oops.

Speaking of those upgrade slots, what crafting profession would specialize in that?

Ok, narrowed it down to Mesmer vs. Engineer. Can someone who played both classes comment on which one appears more fun for him/her and why?

I love my mesmer. The thing is that I dont like the pet management of Ranger and Necro. I think that these critters are always in the way of my character and I feel that my character is weaker and needs external help.

Mesmer is a bit like Naruto with the clones.With the Staff you get extremely solid all-around skills. With a sword you get to deal melee damage. skill #2 is like the F1 on warrior with sword. Its a crazy stationary flashes of flurries that give good melee damage.

the off hand weapons of the Mesmer are great. Pistol is one of my favorites because with sword + pistol you get this awesome almost pirate look. but its not yawwrr pirate, but more like 16th century noble. its really cool. with off hand weapons like sword, focus and pistol they all give you different sorts of phantasms.

these phantasms are great. in traits you can give them more health to make them more durable. i personally havent used them as suicide bombs. you can make them explode to cause various conditions. i havent used that. i just think its fun to have 3 copies of me all the time. they are never in the way, and sometimes they are behind me. you get skills that make you trade places with them or some that will take half your damage.

mesmer greatsword brings something completely different to the table as well. the mesmer has great utuilities that makes clones, and illussions too. im only lvl 20 on my memsmer but i really enjoy her.

Sounds great, the only problem I see with Mesmer - I really want to pick Asura, however the consensus seems to be that Sylvari zone is the best one. What to do?

SorchaR

I finally know how to make Burgers!!! I can set up a burger joint and sell them all :D

Ha! My daughter was delighted when she was able to make burgers, cheese burgers and chips (fries?). She is also planning on starting up Kryta's first burger joint :D
She's still hoping to discover chicken nuggets eventually.

foogles

Sounds great, the only problem I see with Mesmer - I really want to pick Asura, however the consensus seems to be that Sylvari zone is the best one. What to do?
If it's just the newbie zone you want, can't you just turn around as your brand new Asura, nope the fuck out of its starting zone, head in town, go to the portal to Lion's Arch and then to the Sylvari city?

Zakkath

Anyone got a workaround the inatance issue when going into a dungeon ? I just can't seem to get all the members of my group together when we zone in. We tried relogging, regrouping, we just end up spending an hour trying to get in.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Also you will get good XP and loot even if you visit a "low level" area later on (even with high levels), so you can explore the hell out of Tree City anytime!

Zafir

Anyone got a workaround the inatance issue when going into a dungeon ? I just can't seem to get all the members of my group together when we zone in. We tried relogging, regrouping, we just end up spending an hour trying to get in.
It's been very hit and miss for my friends and I. The only suggestion I can give is everyone being on the same overflow and one person go in first with everyone else following using the pop up. If you've done that, and it hasn't worked, then I'd say just go and do something else.

Usually it either lets us all in the same one first time, or it screws up, and we're never able to get in the same one.

Zakkath

It's been very hit and miss for my friends and I. The only suggestion I can give is everyone being on the same overflow and one person go in first with everyone else following using the pop up. If you've done that, and it hasn't worked, then I'd say just go and do something else.

Usually it either lets us all in the same one first time, or it screws up, and we're never able to get in the same one.

We tried waiting for everyone to be on the same server and it didn't work. We didn't try the pop-up though.

When someone goes in, the others receive a message box inviting them into the dungeon ?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

ibnZB.jpg

Ha!

I start to get into one player, then I keep thinking bout how awesome it would be (normally when I get pwned by a member of that class in sPvP) to switch to my character of that ilk... and the cycle continues.

2 hours or so each char, no-one's above level 20 yet... YET.

Ok, narrowed it down to Mesmer vs. Engineer. Can someone who played both classes comment on which one appears more fun for him/her and why?

I like the Engineer for it's flexibility, and because I like playing "support" classes. Engineers get turrets, elixirs, grenades, bombs, flamethrower, rocket boots, medi kits, a personal battering ram and more.

But it's not an easy class to get into, since it requires you to be flexible yourself. There is no "one true build", and you're going to be swapping your bundle skills depending on the situation. In PvP, I run with a rifle, grenades, slick boots and bombs, having to swap between grenades and bombs on the fly as the situation demands it.

In PvE, Elixir B and U are great fun, and you can buff teammates with them as well.

When fighting certain bosses, you can use an Elixir that converts all your negative status effects into boons, and do the same for teammates.

Turrets work well for defending against waves of trash mobs, or just to take the heat off.

The Engineer has amazing suvivability, with traits that will kick in various defensive/healing/no-stun elixirs when your health drops below 25%.

Forkball

So I ran into this guy today:

He showed up on my minimap so I decided to check him out. Someone in the chat said he bought some WvW thing to make him do that. Also it seems he has his guild emblem on his outfit (it was on his weapon too). I didn't know you could do that. I'm going to guess it's crazy expensive.

Also, where do I turn in badges of honor?

Lord Phol

Man leveling crafting is hard when both my skills (leatherworking and weaponsmithing) need those things that drops from monsters and tons of them D:.

"25k crits?

Sounds like a glitch or an exploit to me... :x"

ZOMG EXPLOITZZZZ

The title is probably in reference to Hundred Blades, which is several attacks and the game adds them up to a single total damage.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I have seen some people rolling around with little red magnifying glass icons in front of their name. What does that signify? It looked rather out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom