• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Finally...level 80. Time to sleep...

WkOpJ.jpg

I'm confused, where are people getting badass swords and stuff at lvl 5 while i keep finding weapons with better stats but look like the most plain jane shit around?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm confused, where are people getting badass swords and stuff at lvl 5 while i keep finding weapons with better stats but look like the most plain jane shit around?

A lot of the really cool skins for weapons in higher levels drop from world bosses like the dragons.

alternade

Hmmmmm I keep getting my ass beat in areas around my level and i suspect its due to my poor armor and weapons. Ive started to craft but thats a slow process and all the vendors i meet have basic stuff. Idk idk

OceanBlue

Hmmmmm I keep getting my ass beat in areas around my level and i suspect its due to my poor armor and weapons. Ive started to craft but thats a slow process and all the vendors i meet have basic stuff. Idk idk

I'm dying more and more around my level too. I think it's because I keep trying to tank damage and, as a thief, that doesn't really work well. I'm starting to die in a few hits, and I've died so much today... ;_;

Piecake

Yea, I fared a lot better once I upgraded my gear. If youre having trouble, you can always spend Karma on gear. Heart quest dudes usually sell a complete set in a zone if you go to each of them. And its usually pretty good stuff

Means youll have less Karma at 80, but, well, youll level faster and have a more enjoyable expereince if youre geared out now

Naeblish

I'm dying more and more around my level too. I think it's because I keep trying to tank damage and, as a thief, that doesn't really work well. I'm starting to die in a few hits, and I've died so much today... ;_;
What lvl are you?

I'm only 19 on my ele, i love dual daggers so much, but i die so fast and kiting with the staff is so much more effective in staying alive.

OceanBlue

What lvl are you?

I'm only 19 on my ele, i love dual daggers so much, but i die so fast and kiting with the staff is so much more effective in staying alive.

I'm level 16. It's always so tempting to just teleport in and Pistol Whip everybody, but I'm just getting mobbed down now.

Chain conditions like blind, confusion or weakness if at all possible using pistols and dagger skill bars. Ensure you're watching animations and avoiding all big hits. Attack from range if champions are unshakeable (immune to conditions) and you're alone. Make sure you're always behind the champion in a group situation and if the champion turns at you dodge out and stealth (Blinding Powder/Shadow Refuge as utilities can help). Use karma for armor upgrades if you absolutely have to instead of waiting for crafting to catch up. At low levels the armor is dirt cheap. 5 points in Shadow Arts gives you last refuge which will use Blinding Powder if you hit 25% health and the extra toughness won't hurt. 10 points in Trickery for Instinctual Response.

These are some of the ways I can think of offhand to get you more survival in the field.

Nekrono

I just tried playing with a controller and man IT'S GAME CHANGING, it's almost the way this game was meant to be played! A revelation for sure!!! Everything feels so good and natural!

Big props and thanks to Hawkian and WeltallZero for the hard work in making this possible and also for creating a pretty much perfect binding setup for the game.

Personally I just had to invert the triggers and bumpers so it was even more natural for me.

But really, TRY THIS! I strongly encourage everyone to try it even if you love M&K (like me), it's really good and completely changes the way the game feels (in a good way), it just takes a few minutes to have it setup and running, especially with the instructions these guys have created, even people that are not too computer savvy will be able to do it in no time.

Thanks again guys, made my time in GW2 even better!

All the info and download you need is here.

I just tried playing with a controller and man IT'S GAME CHANGING, it's almost the way this game was meant to be played! A revelation for sure!!! Everything feels so good and natural!

Big props and thanks to Hawkian and WeltallZero for the hard work in making this possible and also for creating a pretty much perfect binding setup for the game.

Personally I just had to invert the triggers and bumpers so it was even more natural for me.

But really, TRY THIS! I strongly encourage everyone to try it even if you love M&K (like me), it's really good and completely changes the way the game feels (in a good way), it just takes a few minutes to have it setup and running, especially with the instructions these guys have created, even people that are not too computer savvy will be able to do it in no time.

All the info and download you need is [URL="
Is it even better than playing with a G13?

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Is anyone here having the same problem? Can't decide on a single character, always want to switch classes.

ibnZB.jpg

Yeah, I'm a mess. This weekend I bought 3 extra character slots to have one of every class.

My main is a Guardian. Lvl14. Massive amounts of fun. With a 2handed hammer and switching to board and mace when the going get's tough.

But as soon as I see another player who does something cool with another class around, I switch over to an alt in envy.
I'm trying to figure out the Engineer, but that one seems to require a good amount of leveling to unlock the best kits. Love the Ranger in WvWvW with a longbow. And trying to get a Rifle warrior going. And also a Necro :p

FUUUUUUUUUUU I just bought a Major rune from a guy to add the next bonus on my armor and it just over-rode the one already in place :( How the heck do you get the other bonuses then?

Ferny

Bah I don't know why but I could NOT get used to playing with the G13 at all. I guess the best way to use it would be to use the thumb stick for movement but it just felt awkward. Going to be giving the controller a try soon.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
that... sounds not fair :(

npcs and ingame art all look badass while i look like the redshirts in your summer medieval flick that dies in the first few mins.

There are Krytian weapon sets for level 10+, dropped by Bosses and World bosses in Queensdale. I think there are different ones for every area.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have a question for my fellow Guardians:

My main weapon is a Greatsword, like so many. Now, apart from condition-removal and retaliation it doesn't have THAT much survivability, so I was looking for support from my other weapon. So far I've been rolling with Scepter(only viable ranged option, an immobilize and DAMN that 2-skill)/Focus (support&heal&protection).

But when I look at what a Mace(awesome support&heal) would give me instead of the scepter, plus it'd add the option for me to switch out the focus for sth more offensive like a torch too, I get tempted... but then I'd be without any ranged option, which kinda sucks, esp for bossfights where I usually go scepter, spam skills, drop protection, jump in with greatsword and do my combo and then roll out.

So my question is: In the long run, what's better for survivability? Have a ranged option around with the scepter and add support from focus, or go all-out melee with a great support offweapon in the mace and keeping an offensive weapon in the offhand there with a torch?

Nekrono

I wouldn't know! I don't have one, I do know it's really good though!

All the info and download you need is here.
Quoting myself for the new page so hopefully more people see it and try it!

I bought one of those rare inscriptions from the karma vendor for like 325 karma and it gave me 4 craft levels the first craft :lol It was like 8k xp, somewhere around there. It'll probably keep giving good xp for several more crafts. Is that what you did?

Please elaborate on this. Where is this karma vendor and what recipe?

I have a question for my fellow Guardians:

My main weapon is a Greatsword, like so many. Now, apart from condition-removal and retaliation it doesn't have THAT much survivability, so I was looking for support from my other weapon. So far I've been rolling with Scepter(only viable ranged option, an immobilize and DAMN that 2-skill)/Focus (support&heal&protection).

But when I look at what a Mace(awesome support&heal) would give me instead of the scepter, plus it'd add the option for me to switch out the focus for sth more offensive like a torch too, I get tempted... but then I'd be without any ranged option, which kinda sucks, esp for bossfights where I usually go scepter, spam skills, drop protection, jump in with greatsword and do my combo and then roll out.

So my question is: In the long run, what's better for survivability? Have a ranged option around with the scepter and add support from focus, or go all-out melee with a great support offweapon in the mace and keeping an offensive weapon in the offhand there with a torch?

Greatsword still has some decent survivability. The leap has an AoE blind so what you do is spec into Symbolic Exposure (15pt Zeal), jump in with the leap for an AoE blind, drop your symbol and go nuts with whirling blade. At that point if the mobs aren't already dead you can probably roll out of the pack to get them all in front, blow something like "Hold the Line" or "Save Yourselves" and finish them off quickly with your 1 attack.

Don't forget as well that Binding Blade (Greatsword 5) has a DoT component so use it even if you don't plan on gripping the mobs back in. Free extra damage!

I end up using a scepter as my second simply because I prefer having a ranged option if I'm feeling lazy on champions or veterans.

Piecake

So, can someone explain to me the mystic forge? Basically, it just seems like a crapshoot where youll lose more than you win (not talking about actual recipes, just shit that you throw in there)

God, the PvE in this game is so amazing. It's the most fun I've had fighting a computer since... Mass Effect maybe? I've started a Guardian and greatsword is *amazing*. I think the great thing about the PvE is the lack of a quest log telling you where to go. You just pick a direction and head that way and quests happen. It really helps that you aren't competing with the other players so you are incentivised to join in and help. It's so freeing and the environment is so pretty.

The discovery crafting system is intensely satisfying.

The PvP? I like that *considerably* less.

desverger

Comments on this Mesmer build for level 45?

The build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgEQNAsaWlwzipXVTgGatIx5DRvkCcnbA

It's mostly centered around creating Phantasmal Duelists that are buffed and give Regen to nearby allies, then using staff to inflict conditions and using Chaos Storm and Feedback to create Ethereal fields for the Duelists to shoot through. You can occasionally roll in with the sword and do some decent melee damage, and then back up to your duelists if you get knocked around too much.

For burst and weak mobs, you can use staff or sword clones and just shatter. You can swap Duelist's Discipline for Deceptive Evasion to create more clones by dodging.

One alternative is to swap out Persisting Images for Vigorous Revelation and equip Mirror Images. This creates some emergency clones so you can give out Vigor for everyone and roll away to freedom.

Signet of Inspiration is freely swappable for anything btw, it's just there for general fun.

My question is more on the lines of how would you gear up for a build like this? You need power and crit to do decent melee damage, and then condition damage for you staff to do any decent damage - but does that leave you vulnerable and without defensive stats? Do you even need them with a build like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom