• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Dagger/Pistol will be better than dagger/dagger most of the time. There is so much utility offered for going Dagger/Pistol that's it's not funny.

The 4 and 5 skills for D/D isn't that great when compared to D/P. The initiative on 5 costs a whole lot even if you do recover it. 4 is a slow that doesn't really supplement the rest of the weapon skills since all you do is close-range damage. Sure it bounces but the slow is compltely useless unless you switch to a ranged weapon but then you're on a 10 second CD for swapping.

D/P has an interrupt, a combo field, two gap closers, and the auto.

Levyne

Banned
I spent a good bit of karma getting the lvl 375 and 400 inscriptions from the Huntsman trainer. Was actually thinking about buying all the lower level ones for completions sake, haha

Kingbrave

I have 80 hours and only level 50 ehat am i doing wrong guys....i still love this game to death but i am starting to lose some momentum i don't feel like leveling flows right. Everyone is going to tell me to craft but why should it be mandatory.

Are you just running around aimlessly checking the areas out? That's what I do. It has some nice looking areas. I've ton of screenshots especially of the lakes and stuff.

I have 80 hours and only level 50 ehat am i doing wrong guys....i still love this game to death but i am starting to lose some momentum i don't feel like leveling flows right. Everyone is going to tell me to craft but why should it be mandatory.

eh. 109 hours and only lvl 40. Spent most of my time just exploring and walking around with friends. i've been 100% areas that i go through But i realize i don't need to and i'll save that after game or when i decide to play another char for their story. but yeah. i'm taking my time and enjoying the game.

StMeph

So far my dungeon experiences haven't been too bad.

AC Story with a friend of mine (Poing) and 3 GAFers (donno their GAF handles, but, in-game: Saah Vy, Trixy Fox, and I forget the last one). Zero wipes in AC. None. Breezed through it and made a good chunk of change (5 silver per boss, bonus silver on completion, massive XP gains).

MC Story the first time didn't go quite as smoothly, with 4 GAFers (Ferrio's the only one I recall). One quit after the first boss (where we wiped once), but we soldiered on and completed the instance with 4 people. No more wipes, and it went pretty quickly. Poing needed MC Story later, so I ran that with him, Saah Vy again, and two other GAFers. Zero wipes.

Hoping for a three-peat with the next dungeon at 50. Zero wipes incoming.

Levyne

Banned
I've been reluctant to explore other (lower level) areas because I wanted to get tier 6 items for lvl 400 crafting. Now that I have crafted myself an exotic bow for the time being, I can go into new lower level areas and use the low level loot for leatherworking.

So far my dungeon experiences haven't been too bad.

AC Story with a friend of mine (Poing) and 3 GAFers (donno their GAF handles, but, in-game: Saah Vy, Trixy Fox, and I forget the last one). Zero wipes in AC. None. Breezed through it and made a good chunk of change (5 silver per boss, bonus silver on completion, massive XP gains).

MC Story the first time didn't go quite as smoothly, with 4 GAFers (Ferrio's the only one I recall). One quit after the first boss (where we wiped once), but we soldiered on and completed the instance with 4 people. No more wipes, and it went pretty quickly. Poing needed MC Story later, so I ran that with him, Saah Vy again, and two other GAFers. Zero wipes.

Hoping for a three-peat with the next dungeon at 50. Zero wipes incoming.

Yeah, I've done AC story and DM story all with gaffers, then I did Arah Story with 2 gaffers and 2 randoms (I think Ashdawn and someone else). I'll probably complete all the story modes before going into explorable.

Also, does the dungeon armor (the stuff you buy with tokens) all look the same? I wonder because the free hats you get all look the same...I'm guess there are different runes but 8 unique skins would be cool

There is Sharkmaw Cavern (pirate cave), Urmaug's Secret, and then another very obscure, hidden one that I don't remember the name of. I had to look this one up after searching for a couple of hours. It would be nearly impossible to discover on your own as you have to maneuver from high up and drop down through an invisible floor. The guide I found that shows the location of the puzzle said there was no reward but that was during a BWE and there was definitely a chest at the end when I completed it. I don't remember if there was an achievement or not, but I believe there was.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Do you guys purchase gears using karma while levelling?

Or is it better to just save all the karma points until lv. 80?

I did and wish I hadn't, with the auction house now working you can get easy upgrades. Shame the filters are garbage though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It was kind of amazing how this weekend a good chunk of content level 45+ was broken. Forgot which zone it was, in the Ascalon region, but almost every dynamic event had an invulnerable NPC or something not triggering. Ended up doing WvW so I could level up to move onto the next zone.

On the bright side, the patch Sunday night fixed everything I had stumbled upon to be broken.

Levyne

Banned
It was kind of amazing how this weekend a good chunk of content level 45+ was broken. Forgot which zone it was, in the Ascalon region, but almost every dynamic event had an invulnerable NPC or something not triggering. Ended up doing WvW so I could level up to move onto the next zone.

On the bright side, the patch Sunday night fixed everything I had stumbled upon to be broken.

Hmm...I'll have to check to see if some of the bugs fixed in the Orr area are broken still or not

zulfate

Thanks for the replies guys i am on my phone so i couldnt quote all of you.
Thetrin i think we did a dungeon togethere lol and talked on mumble.

I guess i am not the only one who levels slow i too am loving everything but in the back of my head i feel like something is missing i am doing all kinds of exploring and loving it too but i cant help but feel like im going so slow. I also dont know why i care so much to be max level it must be that i am conditioned to think so.

So back on Saturday I found out that my email address was changed and I no longer have access to my account. I sent a message on their support giving them all my details including my serial number and account name.

It's now Tuesday and I still haven't heard back from them, I'm starting to get a bit pissed now because I pre-purchased this when it was first possible and I can't play it, any ideas as to what I can do?

I think you just have to wait for the support to respond. I imagine they are swamped with tickets regarding this issue so hopefully it will be resolved in time.

If something like a week or two passes by with no response sending in another ticket might not be a bad idea.

scosher

Do any of the mesmers here have any OP builds to share?

My attempts at making useful builds have all failed so far.

Sword/pistol is amazing for PvP. It has great damage, survivability with distortion, and pistol's CC. I have Greatsword on swap to chase down fleeing opponents or to swap to range when dealing with melee. For utility, I feel Decoy and Mirror Images are musts, cause they give you two CC breaks, as well as spawning more clones. 3rd is up in the air.

The build has little to no condition damage, a swords or greatswords really don't provide any DoTs. As such, I specced mainly into precision and power, and some toughness and vitality. The trait that summons a clone on dodge roll is especially good. In all honesty, mesmer does not seem like a condition based class, as they can't stack anything to absurd degrees besides confusion, which has its limitations. Where it shines is its ridiculous defensive options, which I find the above setup suited for.

Ferrio

Banned
Dagger/Pistol will be better than dagger/dagger most of the time. There is so much utility offered for going Dagger/Pistol that's it's not funny.

The 4 and 5 skills for D/D isn't that great when compared to D/P. The initiative on 5 costs a whole lot even if you do recover it. 4 is a slow that doesn't really supplement the rest of the weapon skills since all you do is close-range damage. Sure it bounces but the slow is compltely useless unless you switch to a ranged weapon but then you're on a 10 second CD for swapping.

D/P has an interrupt, a combo field, two gap closers, and the auto.

The slow is very much needed for dagger/dagger. The biggest issue about running melee is being kited, and a ranged cripple is exactly what you need for that. You could just heart seeker them over and over.. but my build doesn't like to waste initiative on heartseeker.

zlatko

Banned
So I have the regular edition and come Friday I'll get paid again and was thinking I should upgrade to deluxe for the extra 20 bucks.

Is it worth it really? I was looking at what you get, and since I already have that first ring you start out with I don't see any other items in that that make it worth 20 dollars to grab...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I have the regular edition and come Friday I'll get paid again and was thinking I should upgrade to deluxe for the extra 20 bucks.

Is it worth it really? I was looking at what you get, and since I already have that first ring you start out with I don't see any other items in that that make it worth 20 dollars to grab...
Gonna go with no. There's one elite skill the completionist in me wants, but it's not worth 20 bucks.

Ferrio

Banned
I wish the pirate outfit wasn't casual clothes. Is the pirate/chef outfit the only casual clothes in the game? Seems a big oversight not to have more crafting devoted to town clothes.

Trey

I wish the pirate outfit wasn't casual clothes. Is the pirate/chef outfit the only casual clothes in the game? Seems a big oversight not to have more crafting devoted to town clothes.

I don't think something that niche and cosmetic is an oversight. More likely something they considered and subsequently made a low priority (like they should) as they dealt with more pressing systems as launch neared. Probably coming down the line.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There is Sharkmaw Cavern (pirate cave), Urmaug's Secret, and then another very obscure, hidden one that I don't remember the name of. I had to look this one up after searching for a couple of hours. It would be nearly impossible to discover on your own as you have to maneuver from high up and drop down through an invisible floor. The guide I found that shows the location of the puzzle said there was no reward but that was during a BWE and there was definitely a chest at the end when I completed it. I don't remember if there was an achievement or not, but I believe there was.

Troll's Garden.

Gah I'm back at school and didn't bring my laptop, now I have 2h to kill and nothing to do but reading forums. GAAAAAAAH I WANNA PLAY SO BADLY.

I now have my Lvl32 norn and 4 other lvl2 characters that I'll play at some point.., I promise... But I can't let go of my norn quite yet. Not really sure what to do with the TP, i've made like 3g just selling mats so far, but I'm really not sure what to buy... Should I stockpile 2nd-tier mats while they're cheap now? (like silver/iron ore, the 2nd tier leather/yarn stuff, no idea what it's called) Dyes?

Does anyone with solid ingame-economy knowledge have any insider knowledge on what's generally "overpriced" and what's "underprices" atm? I've been selling Small Totems, Small Claws, Bone Shards and Vials of Thin blood (and their tier1 equivalents, tiny etc) for maaaaaaad money, so that's probably way overpriced atm, but what's underpriced and should be bought?

I reckon Mesmer is probably the scariest in PvP.
I don't know if I can agree with that. They can be pretty annoying to fight, but if you maintain targeting and ignore the images they go down pretty quick.

Then again, I may not have fought a good one yet. We'll see.

Lingitiz

For you level 80 guys, how's the endgame stuff in the later areas? I read that the heart quests are gone and the dynamic quest lines are handled differently?

Levyne

Banned
For you level 80 guys, how's the endgame stuff in the later areas? I read that the heart quests are gone and the dynamic quest lines are handled differently?

The Dynamic events are bigger and result in stuff like karma vendors that sell 42k exotic gear, but nothing fundamentally different I don't think.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Orr is nothing but dynamic events.

vhohj.jpg

Full Cultural Get! (Except gloves because it's just a silly ring on one finger)

neoism

Can I not buy a digital copy of this or something?

lol once I found out it didn't have a monthly fee I was like :O bought now... I would like a digital version.... :/ my wait a little bit may go down to 30 in a few weeks... looks fun.

ttocs

If someone is playing the Guardian correctly, they can whip some ass in PvP. My hunter takes a beating from Guardians. I don't claim to be any good at PvP, but Guardians have stood out as really good classes to get the heck away from.

Complistic

I believe they've disabled purchasing from their site. You should be able to purchase a digital version from amazon though I think?

Meteorain

I don't know if I can agree with that. They can be pretty annoying to fight, but if you maintain targeting and ignore the images they go down pretty quick.

Then again, I may not have fought a good one yet. We'll see.

In a team fight situation they aren't so bad. 1 on 1, they are my biggest fear. As a Guardian I expect a certain amount of survivability. I came across a Mesmer and all that happened was, he turned me into a Moa and then destroyed me in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom