• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

falastini

Item vendors for 75 c and has a 5 c listing fee... it gets listed on the TP for 79 copper. Am I missing something? Aren't you losing money this way? There's like 40 listed like that.

Sword/pistol is amazing for PvP. It has great damage, survivability with distortion, and pistol's CC. I have Greatsword on swap to chase down fleeing opponents or to swap to range when dealing with melee. For utility, I feel Decoy and Mirror Images are musts, cause they give you two CC breaks, as well as spawning more clones. 3rd is up in the air.

The build has little to no condition damage, a swords or greatswords really don't provide any DoTs. As such, I specced mainly into precision and power, and some toughness and vitality. The trait that summons a clone on dodge roll is especially good. In all honesty, mesmer does not seem like a condition based class, as they can't stack anything to absurd degrees besides confusion, which has its limitations. Where it shines is its ridiculous defensive options, which I find the above setup suited for.

Alright, thanks for the tips.

I'm going to try this out.

Deitus

Item vendors for 75 c and has a 5 c listing fee... it gets listed on the TP for 79 copper. Am I missing something? Aren't you losing money this way? There's like 40 listed like that.

You aren't missing anything. People don't pay attention. I've even seen cases where the item is selling for less than the vendor price before the listing fee is even taken into consideration.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Amazon has digital copies available, but I think only the Digital Deluxe. Just fyi.

Cronnie

Prices are quite screwed right now, people just seem to be so excited that the Trading Post is up they are dumping stuff at very cheap prices.

Give it a while and the prices should stabilise a bit, good time to be buying though.

My lvl 80 warrior so far:
3426BE1DDB473AFE5EAA0B7D2B89675A7F55CFD6

zlatko

Banned
salvage it. most of the scraps for your non-profession goes for good money.

Yeah I've been salvaging it, and using the goods to level my armor smith and jewelery. Trying to follow the hints here to go for discovery to level faster.

I like the crafting in this game, but I also hate investing time into it when I could be smashing faces in as a GRD. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

The market is shit canned at the moment - this is the time to buy VERY low and sell high later. The problem I have is that I simply have no idea what to grab. The only things I have any use for are selling for 66-75c a piece (Artificer mats), so I'm sort of ignoring the market at the moment. I'll stockpile my mats and sell them later after everything levels out.

Won

Damn, Asuras Guardian feels badass. Little guy with big 2H weapon. Yeah!
But I really need to start focusing on a character and make some progress. :/

So many of you may remember that long ago I had made a post on how to configure your setup to play Guild Wars 2 with a gamepad. WeltallZero approached me about improving on and refining this project. After many revisions and an enormous amount of work on his part (including many hours of headstart, thank you buddy!), we have arrived at a solution that is very simple for anyone to set up, very efficient and natural, and incorporates a TON of crucial functions (including some that aren't even bound in-game by default).

Do i need to be part of the guild just to download the controller configuration? :/

Yuripaw

Banned
How do you guys take screenshots? I tried using clipper which is an old program I used to use for FFXI, but all it did was take a picture of my desktop, even though my game was at full screen...

Venfayth

How do you guys take screenshots? I tried using clipper which is an old program I used to use for FFXI, but all it did was take a picture of my desktop, even though my game was at full screen...

Just hit the print screen key. There's a folder where the images get saved to. I can't check now because I'm at work.

Kalnos

Banned

Printscreen button. I'm pretty sure you can bind it to whatever you want.

mingus

There's hardly any ori ore in orr. Is there some super secret place where the roads are paved in orichalcum or is the scarcity by design?

Smiley90

So apparently these are all the dyes, except for about 6 rares that he has left, according to himself (from reddit):

t9l6C.jpg

There's hardly any ori ore in orr. Is there some super secret place where the roads are paved in orichalcum or is the scarcity by design?

Probably by design. There's ways to improve it though, you can either get more ore by using the mystic forge and philosopher's stones to improve lower-tier ore to higher-tier ore, or use a master pickaxe (sometimes drops from lions chests or quest rewards I believe? Not sure where I got mine from, I think from the personal story) that gives you higher yield.

Yuripaw

Banned
Just hit the print screen key. There's a folder where the images get saved to. I can't check now because I'm at work.

Thanks. I found it. I didn't know if it had something built in like that.

gw001.jpg

I think I got my character just how I wanted them to look, hehe.

Yuripaw

Banned
Is that the iPad version?

I'm lucky I can run the game at all. My video card broke down a few months back, and if it wasn't for a friend of mine giving me his old GTX 8800, I wouldn't have a video card to play any games. Considering the age of my computer and the video card, I'm actually pleasantly surprised how well everything runs.

ttocs

I hope they somehow invent new colors for dyes in the expansion. Maybe patterns?

Patterns would be awesome, but I really don't want it to turn into an eyesore. Sure, you can have bright pink warriors running around but bright pink polka dot warriors might be a little much.

Smiley90

I hope they somehow invent new colors for dyes in the expansion. Maybe patterns?

Correct.

Yeah it doesn't seem like that many colours, but then... You really can only have so many colours, and some of the names are already pretty far-fetched. I'm looking at you, Grapesicle. Instead of patterns they should rather introduce more variety for armor looks and have more different dye-spots for you to make your own patters... or have glowing colours (similar to Sylvari skin) or "moving" (think Watchmen-mask) colours. that'd be amazing.

I'd be all for it.

Alternatively, alternative material compositions (such as turning a material shiny or dull matte - used in Dawn of War II) are possible as well. Though whether or not the system is set up for that is another matter...

Dina

Elementalist is so awesome. This is one of the funnest mage classes I've played in an RPG. I feel constantly engaged due to the attunement and combo systems.

I don't really understand the combo system much. What spells do you combine?

Yuripaw

Banned
Elementalist is so awesome. This is one of the funnest mage classes I've played in an RPG. I feel constantly engaged due to the attunement and combo systems.

Agreed. I started out by making a Thief class, because I'm used to speed and agility classes. It felt way too familiar, so I tried Elementalist to try something different, and it really is awesome. I love the different atunements, and how they work in conjunction with the different weapons. I'm still learning the combo system stuff myself.

Edit:

Thank you!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You can see what type of finishers they are by scrolling over the skills. Thieves can make their own combos and they're pretty much all good. As a result, a Thief can combo own you to death. lol.

zlatko

Banned
I want to create an elementalist just to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm just not sure which race to try for it. I wish I could make a Sylvari male that looks awesome, but as much as I try the results I get always suck in the end. :p

Smiley90

What I love about this is that it makes the Guardian Greatsword 2-4 combo great. Lay down a Light Field, burn enemies and gain retaliation with 2, then use 4 to leap and blind and gain extra retaliation with the light field and leap finisher. sogood.jpg

zlatko

Banned
What I love about this is that it makes the Guardian Greatsword 2-4 combo great. Lay down a Light Field, burn enemies and gain retaliation with 2, then use 4 to leap and blind and gain extra retaliation with the light field and leap finisher. sogood.jpg

So on the preset keys, what order are you hitting for this big ass combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom