• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Sorry, still don't understand this graph much. Leap finisher? Blast finisher?

Look at your skills. Some have a combo field line or combo finisher line. Each combo field has a type and each finisher has a type. If a combo finisher is used in/through a combo field it will trigger that corresponding effect.

If you ever see those Hearts pop up over people's heads, that's combos being triggered.

Dina

Look at your skills. Some have a combo field line or combo finisher line. Each combo field has a type and each finisher has a type. If a combo finisher is used in/through a combo field it will trigger that corresponding effect.

If you ever see those Hearts pop up over people's heads, that's combos being triggered.

Ah gotcha. Time to look back at my skills. They have to be used right after each other?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So on the preset keys, what order are you hitting for this big ass combo?

...2 and 4. It's 2 skills on the same weapon, so 2 keys. Literally. Guardian Greatsword, 2 and 4. :lol if you do 3 autoattacks first you even get a temporary extra might boon for extra damage.

So apparently these are all the dyes, except for about 6 rares that he has left, according to himself (from reddit):

t9l6C.jpg
Geez. And why aren't dye unlocks account based, instead of character based?

Ferrio

Banned
Ah gotcha. Time to look back at my skills. They have to be used right after each other?

No, as long as the field lasts. Like a rogue can lay down a poison cloud with their bow. As long as that poison cloud is up (however long that skill lasts), any finishers done through it will trigger combo. Doesn't matter if it's the skill used right after or not.

Dina

No, as long as the field lasts. Like a rogue can lay down a poison cloud with their bow. As long as that poison cloud is up (however long that skill lasts), any finishers done through it will trigger combo. Doesn't matter if it's the skill used right after or not.

Can you use multiple finishers in that field? Say a blast, leap and whirl finisher in that field?

Smiley90

Okay a lot over 300. But still not EVERY dye.

The guy on reddit said he's missing about 6 rares. So maybe he's missing a bit more than that and is wrong, but you get the idea :D

Can you use multiple finishers in that field? Say a blast, leap and whirl finisher in that field?

You (and everyone else) can use as many finishers in the same field as you want, as long as the field lasts.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

This is why I love Staff mesmer, if literally makes everyone add confusion stacks all over :lol

zlatko

Banned
...2 and 4. It's 2 skills on the same weapon, so 2 keys. Literally. Guardian Greatsword, 2 and 4. :lol if you do 3 autoattacks first you even get a temporary extra might boon for extra damage.

Okay just checking I read that right. I don't know the name of my abilities off the top of my head yet, although I know what they do.

Going to 2/4 spam some enemies tonight wooh! :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ah would i need tro manually bind the jump key to a? the actual controller config says that A is bound to I
Whoa, I'm sorry, what?

Says that A is bound to I...?

The only bindings you have to do are in GW2, just a few more advanced things. Jumping is definitely not one of them.

What's the actual problem you're getting? Are you saying A on the controller is bound to the keyboard key I?

Oh wait. If that is what you actually mean- sounds like you're in pointer mode. Hit the back button once.

Ken

Day 1 I used Poison AoE on thief bow and saw the heart above my allies say Poison. I thought I was poisoning everyone so I stopped using the bow for a bit. :(

Smiley90

Okay just checking I read that right. I don't know the name of my abilities off the top of my head yet, although I know what they do.

Going to 2/4 spam some enemies tonight wooh! :D

2/4 is the basic offensive combo, 2/3 the basic defensive (remove condition combo to let you get out of chills etc). If you want to expand on it, have a focus in your offhand, do 5 (blocks 3 next hits), then switch to greatsword, do 3 autoattacks and gain extra might, then do the 2/4 combo, then 3, then dodge out. Rinse and repeat. :D

zlatko

Banned
2/4 is the basic offensive combo, 2/3 the basic defensive (remove condition combo to let you get out of chills etc). If you want to expand on it, have a focus in your offhand, do 5 (blocks 3 next hits), then switch to greatsword, do 3 autoattacks and gain extra might, then do the 2/4 combo, then 3, then dodge out. Rinse and repeat. :D

Thanks for this. Will help me out a ton. :D

Also...what classes get to wear this armor? (I don't think it's Engineer even though he is one in the pic, is it?)

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/gallery/image/2763-whispers-light/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can see what type of finishers they are by scrolling over the skills. Thieves can make their own combos and they're pretty much all good. As a result, a Thief can combo own you to death. lol.
Just noticed Shadow Refuge is a Dark field... so it does area stealth and regen, then if you shot a cluster bomb on it you'd blind and bleed enemies within it too. Damn. Shortbow is so cool. Wish I had a third weapon slot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I just finally got Splashtop via internet set up between my home PC and my Asus Transformer (the original, not even the Prime). I was going to put some stuff on the trading post and send some invites out. For those that don't know, Splashtop is the most impressive desktop streaming software I've ever encountered. At my home network I can legitimately play PC games, even action games at full graphical quality in other rooms on the tablet (with my 360 controller still synced to the actual PC of course), but this is my first time trying it remotely.

It's... basically playable.

This is a disaster.

Smiley90

I just finally got Splashtop via internet set up between my home PC and my Asus Transformer (the original, not even the Prime). I was going to put some stuff on the trading post and send some invites out. For those that don't know, Splashtop is the most impressive desktop streaming software I've ever encountered. At my home network I can legitimately play PC games, even action games at full graphical quality in other rooms on the tablet (with my 360 controller still synced to the actual PC of course), but this is my first time trying it remotely.

It's... basically playable.

This is a disaster.

Please don't get fired Hawkian ..? :D

Ketch

So I gave it another shot and Mesmer has now totally clicked with me. Such a fun class... Lvl 18 Using Staff and Sword/Torch, 2 on sword is great plus stealth with torch and decoy to get back to range... so many clones, so much fun. can't wait until I hit 20 for the next utility slot.

Ken

I kind of dislike the underwater combat in this game because of how they force us to use weapons with skills that don't really represent the class. Ex. Guardian and Spears. Really should just alter the normal skills to work underwater or something.

Ashodin

I kind of dislike the underwater combat in this game because of how they force us to use weapons with skills that don't really represent the class. Ex. Guardian and Spears. Really should just alter the normal skills to work underwater or something.

What? Trident and Guardian is amazing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I gave it another shot and Mesmer has now totally clicked with me. Such a fun class... Lvl 18 Using Staff and Sword/Torch, 2 on sword is great plus stealth with torch and decoy to get back to range... so many clones, so much fun. can't wait until I hit 20 for the next utility slot.
I feel like my baby mesmer has so many options just with weapon switching, I can't imagine having the utilities and an elite to work with.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
A friend of mine is trying to do the main quest
"Battle for Fort Trinity" and it won't progress after you meet up with Trahearne.

Anyone else here having the same issue?

Yea it's pretty silly to create a unique water weapon when your class gets stripped of it's uniqueness underwater. And it does nothing for a realism aspect when everyone is swimming around in armor. The water combat is same thing it was in other MMOs but instead of being able to use your regular abilities, you lose them all for some shitty new ones and lose any character class flavor. The loss of your extra non weapon skills also is lame and further waters down the whole thing.

Ketch

I feel like my baby mesmer has so many options just with weapon switching, I can't imagine having the utilities and an elite to work with.

Yea, witch totally had me overwhelmed for a bit... so I just focused on slowing down a bit and using one weapon at a time, not that I have the hang of it I still don't switch very often but when I do it's usually to great effect.

I'm having a hard time choosing what utility skills to unlock... will eventually have them all?

erragal

Uhh Guardian underwater skills are amazing; spear is better than most of the Guardian land weapons in fact. How does launching spears of light everywhere not represent the class?

Lyonaz

AC Explorer dungeon is such a bitch.

So I said fuck it and just bought my Pirate Coat on TP.

Now I can go back to exploring the world till I hit 60 and then I will get the Human Cultural Tier 2 Falconer's set.

blackflag

How do you make sure to get loot from the dragon? I was in Blazewing Steppes and was attacking it. Doing damage..no loot. Seems like most people got a bunch.

I was level 42.

Yea it's pretty silly to create a unique water weapon when your class gets stripped of it's uniqueness underwater. And it does nothing for a realism aspect when everyone is swimming around in armor. The water combat is same thing it was in other MMOs but instead of being able to use your regular abilities, you lose them all for some shitty new ones and lose any character class flavor. The loss of your extra non weapon skills also is lame and further waters down the whole thing.
FYI, you don't actually lose them. You just have to switch them back in when you go underwater.

The fact that you have to do this and can't do it on land is rather lame, though.

Ferrio

Banned
How do you make sure to get loot from the dragon? I was in Blazewing Steppes and was attacking it. Doing damage..no loot. Seems like most people got a bunch.

I was level 42.

Do enough damage. You're level 42, and that encounter is closer to 50... so you're going to have to pull of some good DPS to get a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom