• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The fact that you have to do this and can't do it on land is rather lame, though.
Uhhmmm, or you just identified a feature- you can have a different set of utility skills (And elite?) when underwater, as not all utilities will even work underwater.

edit: Rofl at this argument about the underwater skills not matching the classes. Mesmer shoot freaking music notes at people.

Uhhmmm, or you just identified a feature- you can have a different set of utility skills (And elite?) when underwater, as not all utilities will even work underwater.
Sure, but it could keep the skills that do work rather than wholesale dropping everything the first time you go down there. They could also tell you that you need to set skills when the slots are empty.

The whole thing is rather unintuitive.

Ashodin

This ^

Wish I could use spears and shit on the ground. My Lancer dream class would be born! :D (Well would prefer a Monk class in this game more, but I'll settle for poking shit with a spear/lance)

I guarantee Monk class will be in an expansion.

And when it comes out, I may reroll. Monks are awesome <3

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So I noticed that occasionally, when I open the world map, there will be this red circle that flashes someone then disappears. I've run to it before without finding anything of note. Does anyone know what this is?

zlatko

Banned
I guarantee Monk class will be in an expansion.

And when it comes out, I may reroll. Monks are awesome <3

86LPo.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So I noticed that occasionally, when I open the world map, there will be this red circle that flashes someone then disappears. I've run to it before without finding anything of note. Does anyone know what this is?
I think it's someone nearby pinging their minimap. I thought it was party only at first, but I've been seeing it when solo as well.

Zoink

So I 100%ed every PVE zone and ended up with this

gw001a.jpg

I assume WvWvW has the missing stuff? Haven't tried it yet cos theres always queues....

So I 100%ed every PVE zone and ended up with this

I assume WvWvW has the missing stuff? Haven't tried it yet cos theres always queues....
Oh man, you should've 100% all 4 battlegrounds last week when we were in total control.
You're going to have some trouble getting inside some keeps and towers.

Jumping puzzles there are a pain also when there are reds around.

Noaloha

I'm pretty bummed out. As of getting home from work today, GW2 doesn't work for me anymore. Immediately crashes to a black screen that requires me to press reset on the PC every single time I hit the Play button on the login screen. Waaah. Just finished reinstalling the client after a deep uninstall and exact same thing. Blegh.

FinKL

I'm pretty bummed out. As of getting home from work today, GW2 doesn't work for me anymore. Immediately crashes to a black screen that requires me to press reset on the PC every single time I hit the Play button on the login screen. Waaah. Just finished reinstalling the client after a deep uninstall and exact same thing. Blegh.

Mumble overlay maybe? I don't remember what crash I had, but it definitely crashed once I hit play.

Ferrio

Banned
BTW Lvl 80 transmute stones... are they only Gem store available? Quests and whatnot give you pre 80 stones.. but what about 80?

Piecake

BTW Lvl 80 transmute stones... are they only Gem store available? Quests and whatnot give you pre 80 stones.. but what about 80?

Ive got 10 from dailies and zone clears. Just gotta get lucky

Tried out the Mesmer greatsword, and just not feeling it.

Looks like it will be sword/torch and staff for me. Pretty beastly combo if you ask me. Not sure how id trait it since i think mesmer traits are a complete fuck up, what with all the interrupt traits, but whatever. I guess i gotta decide whether to buff phantasms or shatter. my weapons dont really have a whole lot of clone inducing capabilities, so maybe phantasms...

Ken

Tons of damage lol.

Uhh Guardian underwater skills are amazing; spear is better than most of the Guardian land weapons in fact. How does launching spears of light everywhere not represent the class?

Except you're not launching spears of light at enemies. You're setting it down in front of you like a trap and then spin backwards away from the enemy. You're a heavy armor class; laying damaging "walls" and evading away are for casters and thieves.

Mikeside

Ugh, stupid game keeps booting me out :(

So I can log in, play for a while (about 30 seconds usually), then my attacks stop regisering and it fucks about for about 10 seconds then kicks me out saying I've dropped connection with the server

Noaloha

Mumble overlay maybe? I don't remember what crash I had, but it definitely crashed once I hit play.

Nah, don't have Mumble installed. Googling it reveals a fair few cases of random crashes to desktop but they mostly seem to revolve around low amounts of RAM and running in a 32-bit OS, neither of which are applicable to this computer. It's a really strange crash - just an instant black screen, monitor says nothing is detected, fans still running, keyboard doesn't do anything (not that I'd bve able to see it if the monitor's detecting nothing, but caps/num/scroll lock lights etc. don't flash on/off). Only way out is a press of reset.

PC gaming is a pretty new thing for me (this PC's only ten days old) so I guess I'll start trying to disable individual bits of software and see if something's decided not to play nice.

The weird thing is that I got an hour's play in after work, then a crash, then the instant crashes every time I pressed Play from log-in. I have no idea what could have suddenly changed at, like, 5:50pm today whilst I was just minding my own business in Queensdale.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Right okay, I'm on in earnest now. Message Hawkian the Blade for GAFO invites.
Nah, don't have Mumble installed. Googling it reveals a fair few cases of random crashes to desktop but they mostly seem to revolve around low amounts of RAM and running in a 32-bit OS, neither of which are applicable to this computer. It's a really strange crash - just an instant black screen, monitor says nothing is detected, fans still running, keyboard doesn't do anything (not that I'd bve able to see it if the monitor's detecting nothing, but caps/num/scroll lock lights etc. don't flash on/off). Only way out is a press of reset.

PC gaming is a pretty new thing for me (this PC's only ten days old) so I guess I'll start trying to disable individual bits of software and see if something's decided not to play nice.

The weird thing is that I got an hour's play in after work, then a crash, then the instant crashes every time I pressed Play from log-in. I have no idea what could have suddenly changed at, like, 5:50pm today whilst I was just minding my own business in Queensdale.
Almost certainly a graphics issue- drivers at best, settings possibly, hardware at worst :(

etiolate

Banned

I got a level 80 transmute stone. It may have been a drop or from a map completion. I forget. =/ But it doesn't list the level 79 restriction.

Ugh, stupid game keeps booting me out :(

So I can log in, play for a while (about 30 seconds usually), then my attacks stop regisering and it fucks about for about 10 seconds then kicks me out saying I've dropped connection with the server

Change your password ASAP

Thats exactly what happened to me and 30 min later I couldnt login anymore

These symptoms sound suspiciously like some kind of catastrophic hardware failure. Worse, if it's a hard lock and your keyboard lights are not responding, it may be your processor or motherboard going kaput. (If it's just a memory or GPU error your keyboard should still be responding - and memory errors generally force your PC to reboot.)

I recommend seeking professional assistance, or at least a friend who knows PCs.

haikira

Any way to buy this digitally currently? The official site and Green Man Gaming are sold out. I don't even understand how the official site is sold out...

Spookie

Just leveled 72-76 via crafting. Got to say: those XP boosts are super useful for getting your crafting up and gaining XP out of em.

mrgone

Any way to buy this digitally currently? The official site and Green Man Gaming are sold out. I don't even understand how the official site is sold out...

They're limiting the number of copies sold to prevent the server load from getting any greater than it already is :p

Have anyone figure out what stats ranger need yet? Power/Precision or Power/Condition?
This depends heavily on your chosen weapon and skills, as well as which traits you want to pick up.

It's not a straightforward answer, but generally you want to focus on one thing at a time. If you want direct damage, power/precision all the way, with weapons that focus on front-loaded (re: non-DoT) damage.

LaneDS

Does the game take screenshots with reduced graphics settings? I just looked through some of my shots and it seems to look worse in screens than in-game.

Spookie

Mind blown. I'm meeting people in my personal story at level 76 my alt met at level 10 who is another race referencing parts of the story she's still trying to complete. That's some nuts continuity.

Ferrio

Banned
Mind blown. I'm meeting people in my personal story at level 76 my alt met at level 10 who is another race referencing parts of the story she's still trying to complete. That's some nuts continuity.

Ties into dynamic events happening in the world too. Like some guy I helped in a dynamic quest died in my personal story.

etiolate

Banned
Does the game take screenshots with reduced graphics settings? I just looked through some of my shots and it seems to look worse in screens than in-game.

The screenshots don't capture all the effects. I've started using Bandicam to take screenshots, and it looks much better, but still comes out flatter and more muted than the game looks when you're playing it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had no idea they put that much effort into it. Now I can't wait to keep playing through mine (they just fixed a quest in my line that was apparently bugged).

Sweetness. Then it looks like I'll enjoy my time working on my Charr alt and connecting the dots.

The game takes low-quality .jpg shots. I noticed this very quickly and immediately switched to using FXAA Injector to take .pngs instead.

It helps that FXAA Injector is good for more than just screenshots.

The screenshots don't capture all the effects. I've started using Bandicam to take screenshots, and it looks much better, but still comes out flatter and more muted than the game looks when you're playing it.
Really? I would be very surprised if the in-game screenshots failed to capture all the effects. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an in-game screenshot tool (actually, so does taking low-quality .jpgs, but I won't hold that against them).

It's worth noting that any screenshots you take are independent of your in-game gamma setting. You should try to match your desktop gamma with your in-game gamma for best results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom