• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fivefold

Banned
woah - that cooking stuff is crazy - do you guys think it would cheapen my gw2 experience if i tried out the 1-400 cooking guide on my first character?

Do it on your own up to about 150 or 200, then use a guide if you must

That feel when you discover cheese pizzas, then try to add toppings and it actually works, is awesome.

Ken

Where do I go to quest at level 70-80? I went to the Frostgorge Sound via Fireheart Rise and ended up in the level 80 part of that map.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Today I found sharkmaw caverns on Lion's Arc. Crazy thing to be hidden away from sight. Was superfun trying to navigate it.

woah - that cooking stuff is crazy - do you guys think it would cheapen my gw2 experience if i tried out the 1-400 cooking guide on my first character?

haven't used guide. want to do it myself and find my loot as well. rather than rely on buying stuff from TP. i'll sell stuff to buy random things in gem store. but not any weapon/armor.

When switching weapon kits on my engineer, the ability I choose to auto-attack with always gets unselected. Is there any way to make that permanent or make it remember it?

Have anyone figure out what stats ranger need yet? Power/Precision or Power/Condition?

i'm about to reset traits at 40 but so far i've gone precision/condition damage. with bleed on crits and on side/rear shots with shortbow they stack up extremely quickly. a few points in toughness to alleviate some squishy, and my armour is giving me power as well as bleed duration and condition damage boosts.

Anno

Have anyone figure out what stats ranger need yet? Power/Precision or Power/Condition?

So far I've gone precision/condition. Running shortbow and sword/warhorn with a cat pet. Bust out Call of the Wild to buff kitty and I's crit chance to ~50%, wrack up bleed stacks all over the place while kitties crits do massive damage and heal him. My crits will soon give him stacking might, too. Can't wait! Right now I just melt things, especially when I hit Quickening Zephyr and go in with my sword.

When I ran it the
lights flashed on for a second every so often. I just waited it out on platforms until they flashed then jumped.

I switched to Bow on thief and used the explode attack (2) (and GTAOE) to light up the area. There is a torch you can find that respawns but it runs out pretty fast.

Mothman91

Yeah.....powerleveling cooking is dope. in it's own way, definitely after having tailoring. Couldn't level tailoring for shit.

Already 300 and it hasn't been half an hour yet.

So far I've gone precision/condition. Running shortbow and sword/warhorn with a cat pet. Bust out Call of the Wild to buff kitty and I's crit chance to ~50%, wrack up bleed stacks all over the place while kitties crits do massive damage and heal him. My crits will soon give him stacking might, too. Can't wait! Right now I just melt things, especially when I hit Quickening Zephyr and go in with my sword.

ranger bleed bro, hi five! i'm quite fond of my Whiptail Devourer pet, adds poison to those bleeds and tunnels away if i'm not healing him quick enough.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know what'd be nice? If the WvW queue gave some kind of system sound when you're ready to change. I don't really wanna start a quest while I'm queued up, because I don't wanna stare at the game while I wait... but wanna do some work e.g., but then I just miss my chance :( (Or does it join you automatically, even if you miss "accepting" and i've just been waiting for so long that it hasn't come up yet?)

Got my cooking up from 1 to 375 in the past day. The first 200 were legit (meaning no guide, and I manually tried all combinations and also didn't buy from TP cause it was down, this was a lot of fun and rewarding I recommend it). Then the last 175 I used the database to find cheap recipes.

Ken

Frostgorge Sound or Straits of Devastation (Ruins of Orr).

How do I enter FS? I came in through Fireheart Rise and got one-shotted by the level 80s.

I'll probably do SoD up to 75 and then head over to FS if I can figure out how to enter the map properly.

Piecake

Got my cooking up from 1 to 375 in the past day. The first 200 were legit (meaning no guide, and I manually tried all combinations and also didn't buy from TP cause it was down, this was a lot of fun and rewarding I recommend it). Then the last 175 I used the database to find cheap recipes.

Im cheesing it atm on my alt. I plan on eventually leveling it up for 'real' when I got the map cleared on my main so that he has access to all of the mats.

I would also highly suggest Jeweler. That is real easy to level and makes your character leveling go a lot smoother since that is definitely the one area where my equipment sucked especially - accessories. My dude feels a lot stronger now that she is decked out in up to date kick as rings and amulets and the like

They really need to up the drop rate of fine mats, or lower how much it costs. Its absurd how much it costs, especially to get past the final 25 of a tier. 8 freakin fine mats for one insignia, jeebus

I wish there was a cash shop item that let you auto switch your character class. I want to try out Warrior without having to level a whole new character.

Piecake

It wont let me muck around with traits, or weapons. I get stuck with a set of 2, and preset traits.

Thats not true. You can completely reset your traits in the mists and put them however you want. You can also buy weapons and runes and sigils for free at the vendors to the right

Spirit3

I sell everything on the Trading Post way below whatever the lowest seller is offering... because I don't know how the economy works and just want shiny coins.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm having a hard time determining what build I want to do - I think I want a DPS ele build so I may go with a mixture of DPS (Fire) and durability (Earth). I'm level 46 and I still haven't put any points into my traits... >_>

Piecake

I'm having a hard time determining what build I want to do - I think I want a DPS ele build so I may go with a mixture of DPS (Fire) and durability (Earth). I'm level 46 and I still haven't put any points into my traits... >_>

You get a free respec when you buy the book at 40 and 60 (70?) So no reason not to spend those traits. You can also respec for a fee anytime. no idea how much

Shrennin

You get a free respec when you buy the book at 40 and 60 (70?) So no reason not to spend those traits. You can also respec for a fee anytime. no idea how much

I've respec'd a couple of times to test that - it actually depends on how many trait points you spend. I don't think it goes up the number of times you respec, it's just based on the amount of points you invested within your spec.

I'll probably test it out because I'm losing on power by not allocating trait points and I'll get one more free respec at 60 (thanks for mentioning that).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So we finished up the Flame Citadel tonight and hopefully will do Honor of the Waves tomrrow night.

Here's Logan about to wipe our group!

6LfLG.jpg

Shrennin

Here's Logan about to wipe our group!

Even though it's bad design, I love that the NPC heroes attack anything and everything even slightly near them. It makes for some...funny...encounters.

In AC we tried not to res Rytlock, Eir, or Garm until the coast was clear. Especially not Rytlock because he was an aggro magnet.

Arcteryx

yea...never setting foot in another dungeon again in this game. After spending 30s+ on repairs for 2 successful runs(@ ~ 2s per repair), it's beginning to eat away at my bank(same goes for wvwvw), and honestly the time/effort required just isn't worth it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I sell everything on the Trading Post way below whatever the lowest seller is offering... because I don't know how the economy works and just want shiny coins.

You probably sell it way under what you would get from a simple vendor then >_>

Piecake

You probably sell it way under what you would get from a simple vendor then >_>

You cant. the TP forces you to sell it at least 1 copper above vendor price. And i see a lot of stuff being sold for 1 copper over vendor price, which is just stupid since the fee's to posting it up there usually cost more than 1 copper

Ferny

yea...never setting foot in another dungeon again in this game. After spending 30s+ on repairs for 2 successful runs(@ ~ 2s per repair), it's beginning to eat away at my bank(same goes for wvwvw), and honestly the time/effort required just isn't worth it.

or just get a good group...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom