• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Is the warrior Discipline trait line completely bugged? I've got a skill which gives me crit based on Adrenaline levels that seems to do nothing ... and now I just got Weapon Swapping recharges 5 seconds faster but that also seems to do nothing ...

What is the base recharge time on weapon swapping?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
ZAito.jpg

Hey, killing you guys is fun.

Complistic

ran through CM explorable mode with some fellow gaffers. Wasn't that hard. It glitched on us though at the end and we never got our last reward.

I remember people going crazy over Guardians and Mesmers earlier in the thread (like 10 pages ago or so), but for clarification, what normally physical attack weapon is good with mesmers? I want to try a class I'd normally not play (ie: anything not physical) and mixing mesmer with a sword or something sounds like great fun. I think people were talking about greatswords?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tarnished Coast is a riot. It's hilarious seeing the different chat cultures spring up in the cities and starting to see players actively stick around in certain cities for the conversations.

"The Brak" has been taken over by talk of the greatness of Tim Curry and RHPS. If you dislike talk of flamboyant dancing and singing then it's best to avoid Hoelbrak. Must be all that snow falling on our heads.

markot

Banned
Those Japanese and Koreans on JQ are like on another level lol
There's just too many of them.

Also, too much Aoe at doors makes defence too hard, you literally die within 2 seconds if you try to repair a door sometimes... the door should At least dampen damage to defenders abit like some wall skills do.

KuroNeeko

A couple thoughts:

Just recently found that the Mesmer "Warden" Phantasm (5th skill with a focus off-hand) TOTALLY DOES trigger in combo fields - I have no idea why I had never thought of this before. Confusion bolts for everyone!

Yeah, you can generate your own combos with Warden / Veil, though positioning can be a problem at times. Overall, I'm not a big fan of Warden though because he's stationary but he could get better once I get the Sharper Images trait.

Staff 5 → 2 is another one I use CONSTANTLY. It has great synergy with staff 2 and 3. In fact, Staff is hands-down the best weapon for Mesmer in terms of synergy - especially if you're going condition. Of course you can always make it stronger with your off hand weapon set (combining X / Pistol 4 and 5 + Chaos Field or Sword 3 + Chaos Field) but Staff is just the business.

Stuart444

So my group (which was far better than my last group) got destroyed in TA at the last boss. 3 eles, a thief and a warrior.

Way harder than anything in AC having to fight Eir with the most power, Zojjia and Mr Sparkles (Zojjia has some AoE lightening. Sparkles is easy), Logan who is easy and Rytlock who just wouldn't stop when he found a target and he can interrupt you.

We got close once to taking down Eir for good but that was it. Not to mention resetting after any wipe (we faced Mr Sparkles so many times honestly) so if we couldn't take down everyone even after stopping Faolain rezzing we would need to start over.

They need to rebalance that dungeon, having that amount of damage from 4 enemies at once is bad enough. If they want to keep the damage, they should make it so that after each wipe, they don't reset meaning once you kill one that's it for him (and with the HP regen after wiping, it will still be a challenge)

(I have lots of rage from that boss >_> even the hounds were easy enough compared to the boss)

Elginer

Finally got in the Overflow Guild. Good times ahead. Just got owned by a damn Cave troll I was not ready for. Dude just wiped me out.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Great job at making the karma crafting recipes also bind on player, screwing over what you used to be able to do is purchase them and stick in bank for alts who are doing that particular crafting skill to learn.

Seriously am starting to hate most of these "fixes" that they do.

KuroNeeko

So my main is a GRD, but I am itching to try a sub class. I've played all the classes except mesmer, ele, and ranger.

Classes I'm interested in:

Thief
Elementalist
Engineer

Currently leaning towards the Ele the most, and a Sylvari one at that, but my issue with Sylvari is that all their armor just looks so drastically different than the other races when they wear the same armor and I can't find enough pics of them online in various gear to determine if they look decent in light armor or not for my tastes. I know Sylvari look bad ass in medium armors, so that's why I may roll a Thief instead.

Just my opinion of course, but Human Tier 3 cultural looks amazing for thieves. AMAZING!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I really, really hate leveling crafting right now. The amount of mats and their type for Armorsmithi is just stupid to me.

Ken

I wonder how fast I can get to level 40 on my engineer; that level seems to be where the party is at for GAFO.

inky

So, any guardians who do sPvP care to share their top secret builds? These are my stats:

wfdlm.png

And my traits are 30/20/0/20/0 with emphasis on greatsword and fire damage. I use Greatsword and Scepter/Sword+Shield mainly.

I try not to stack too much of anything, going for balancing condition damage, toughness and a bit of vitality. I understand that it's ideal for competitive game purposes to stack as much of 1 thing as you can, mainly for damage or survivability, but I've had good success with this. I dish out good damage, and can jump in and out of groups due to my aegis and overall resits. Granted, I'm only level 6 or so but it worked fine during the BWEs too. It might be that my enemies are not that good as well.

I don't play too much of a support role, but I have enough CC to chase or defend and try to drain conditions from allies where I can. I just want to know what you guys are doing, maybe to try something different and why. Thanks in advance.

KuroNeeko

Piecake

Is there a way to check your current experience streak? Kinda annoying that it can reset when you zone...

Now i have no idea how close I am, Oh well, should get easier and easier as I get higher in level. 53 now! And still havent done a dungeon. Though i would like to check one out this weekend. This week ive been just too damn sleepy to do something new

:O

Are you serious?!

Thats not a given. You have a greater chance of getting a green back. You can get an awesome item though, but its all just random

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Great job at making the karma crafting recipes also bind on player, screwing over what you used to be able to do is purchase them and stick in bank for alts who are doing that particular crafting skill to learn.

Seriously am starting to hate most of these "fixes" that they do.

They changed that? When was this? Must have happened when I wasn't playing the game throughout the week. If so, that stinks.

Ferrio

Banned
So, I'm an idiot. I've been using 3 skills that give me speed bonuses but never really actually noticed that I DONT MOVE FASTER. So, I thought maybe the trait was bugged. Nope....

Speed bonuses do not stack, even if passive!

So ya... gotta figure out which of my speed stuff to nix.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The 10% speed boost from the trait in air (when attuned to air - the first trait that you unlock in the air tier) -- is that always on when you're attuned to air or is it just as you're attuning to air (so it only lasts for a couple of seconds)?

khefka

Neo Member
I wish I could say something to those with negative views to get them to enjoy it. Maybe you guys should PM Tekno and find out his secret, I'm sure he is still annoyed by certain aspects of the game but I haven't seen a post from him with a negative tinge in a long time. He even used an exclamation point!

lol, nah my guild is still gaf and that is where all my influence points go :)
I'm pretty sure if you aren't actually on the world of your guild then your influence points are only counting for your 'subsection' of the guild that exists on your own server. I'm not sure of that but I thought I remembered reading it somewhere in this thread so just wanted you to be aware of the possibility.

Also, I'm a visual gear whore - Don't care about stats, the gear 1-60 gear at least is so visually unappealing as can be, I just hate looking at my character.

The vast majority of gear from 1-80 is fucking terrible and they really need to fix that. Even just adding more variety would really, really, really help. I don't care about stats much either, I want to look like a badass.
It really is lacking in random varied drops, and I truly feel bad for you guys that leveled up so quick while the Trading Post was down. After all the talk about keeping up with equipment for your level, I realized I had also not been paying much attention to my gear. I went to the Trading Post and bought the best gear I could for my level, generally for 50c or less each. Then I went through different armors and weapons to get some good skins, buying whatever I wanted since I could then vendor it for a less than 1-10c loss. I can safely say at level 26 I look completely awesome. I think even level 80's stop and stare while I'm messing around LA or wherever. :p You can buy higher level weapons or armor to transmute as well which I discovered, although it is generally more expensive and a lot of the skins are available on lower level stuff.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
it's better to just sell them to vendor and buy the lbl 80 gold items (which are like 5-10 s lol)

I really wish that you could preview items on the TP, though from what I found out with how it works that just isnt possible.

Bit of a gamble with what it will look like unless you already know the base word vs. graphic type of deal.

I got some of the high level transmute stones so could go and turn the lv 80 look onto my lower level character I think is how it would work.

Just want to do that to my rifle mainly.

"I wish I could say something to those with negative views to get them to enjoy it. Maybe you guys should PM Tekno and find out his secret, I'm sure he is still annoyed by certain aspects of the game but I haven't seen a post from him with a negative tinge in a long time. He even used an exclamation point!"

I've never said anything negative about WvW.

khefka

Neo Member
"I wish I could say something to those with negative views to get them to enjoy it. Maybe you guys should PM Tekno and find out his secret, I'm sure he is still annoyed by certain aspects of the game but I haven't seen a post from him with a negative tinge in a long time. He even used an exclamation point!"

I've never said anything negative about WvW.
My point still stands though. I assume you are too busy having fun with WvW to care about your issues with PvE, and fun is fun.

If I want to follow the lore, Sylvari do not have a surname. Is there a lot of them running around with name and surname?

I can't find anything that is not taken if I use a single word.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If I want to follow the lore, Sylvari do not have a surname. Is there a lot of them running around with name and surname?

I can't find anything that is not taken if I use a single word.

It took me a few tries to get a lore-true Sylvari name, with them not having surnames. I ended up looking at a list of names (from here: http://guildwars2roleplay.wikispaces.com/Naming+Conventions) and then slightly changing them. Ended up with Paraidign, which I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom