• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Got the email back from the support ticket:

The Guild Wars 2 Support Team is unable to restore characters, items or gold, no matter the reason for the loss. I understand this may be frustrating, but we simply do not have the capabilities to do this. Please let us know if you require assistance with anything else.

There goes 42k karma :(

"My point still stands though. I assume you are too busy having fun with WvW to care about your issues with PvE, and fun is fun."

Well yeah, but if other people are predominantly PvE players and are disappointed by the PvE, that's that. The PvE was never the hook for me.

jersoc

So here's deal - on Saturday September 8th I will be doing a LEVEL 80 ORR MOB event with the Guild. We will be running through the Straits of Devastation all the way to the Temple of Balthazar. I figure this will be a good event for people to get into and really see what the karma vendors are like there.

i'm always down to group. hate that zone solo. i'm hyomin seo in the game.

Stuart444

Just got this from support:

We’re writing to you today in response to your support ticket asking for help with Collector’s Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition in-game items.

These in-game items are consumable, and are provided to your account using the in-game mail system. You can leave them in the in-game mail for as long as you want. Once you take them out of the in-game mail into a character’s inventory, be sure not to delete the character with those items in their inventory.

We’re going to replace these items on your account by sending another copy of them in another in-game mail. But there are a couple of things you should know:

•Each item can only be used once per account. If you already used the first copy of the item you received, the new copy you receive will not be functional.

•We can trigger a second distribution of items just one time per account. So when you are deleting characters in the future, take care to move your special items to your storage so that you do not delete the one-time items.

Thanks for your patience as we worked out the resolution to these issues, and thanks as well for your support of Guild Wars 2!

-The Guild Wars 2 Customer Service Team

Awesome :D

So, I'm an idiot. I've been using 3 skills that give me speed bonuses but never really actually noticed that I DONT MOVE FASTER. So, I thought maybe the trait was bugged. Nope....

Speed bonuses do not stack, even if passive!

So ya... gotta figure out which of my speed stuff to nix.

shit i didnt know that, been stacking so many speed bonuses...

khefka

Neo Member
Wow.

I think this is part of the reason they didn't just do a rollback with the karma weapon fiasco. They need to get a ssytem up for this like yesterday.
They've recovered accounts and items for people that were hacked right? I'm sure they have a way to do it, but it's the simple fact that if they admit to it and give in to a few people they will inevitably be swamped with requests. There are situations they should have exceptions for, but in the business world consistency is generally more important for various reasons (whether good or bad for consumers).

shit i didnt know that, been stacking so many speed bonuses...
Does it not extend the duration?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"My point still stands though. I assume you are too busy having fun with WvW to care about your issues with PvE, and fun is fun."

Well yeah, but if other people are predominantly PvE players and are disappointed by the PvE, that's that. The PvE was never the hook for me.

People bought a guild wars game to PvE? :lol

The way I saw it was that GW2 added some PvE flavor but the series has always had a major PvP focus. They just made the PvE side of the game not as dull as it was before.

"People bought a guild wars game to PvE? :lol

The way I saw it was that GW2 added some PvE flavor but the series has always had a major PvP focus. They just made the PvE side of the game not as dull as it was before."

Well, ArenaNet and quite a few fans hyped it up a lot. Personal story with several (faux) story branches, dynamic events/hearts, etc. etc.

Reknoc

Aye, I wish they'd fix it though I imagine sorting that issue out is quite low on the totem pole.

The whole pet panel seems pretty messy to be honest.

Still, even if names don't store if I see a ranger rolling with an unnamed pet I think less of them as a person.

People bought a guild wars game to PvE? :lol

The way I saw it was that GW2 added some PvE flavor but the series has always had a major PvP focus. They just made the PvE side of the game not as dull as it was before.

I played nothing but PvE in Guild Wars and enjoyed the heck out of it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, ArenaNet and quite a few fans hyped it up a lot. Personal story with several (faux) story branches, dynamic events/hearts, etc. etc.
:( I wish people would do some research before dropping cash on stuff.
I played nothing but PvE in Guild Wars and enjoyed the heck out of it.
It's there, some people enjoy it, but you can't tell me it was the main focus. Which is all I'm saying.

etiolate

Banned
They've recovered accounts and items for people that were hacked right? I'm sure they have a way to do it, but it's the simple fact that if they admit to it and give in to a few people they will inevitably be swamped with requests. There are situations they should have exceptions for, but in the business world consistency is generally more important for various reasons (whether good or bad for consumers).

Swiftness does, but I think they mean traits that say "move faster out of combat" do not stack over swiftness. There's probably something like a 25% speed increase cap that the total of boons and traits can't go over.

etiolate

Banned
:( I wish people would do some research before dropping cash on stuff.

It's there, some people enjoy it, but you can't tell me it was the main focus. Which is all I'm saying.

I think it was their main focus, or, at worst, on par with WvWvW. If you compare the amount of content, attention and detail put into the PVE experience to that of the sPVP experience, it weighs heavily on the PVE side.

khefka

Neo Member
My experience with Guild Wars is pretty limited considering I only discovered it a month or two before GW2 launch, but there seems to be a vast amount of PvE. The only PvPish experience I saw was when I ran some type of arena style PvP with npc's to get points to unlock skills from late/other campaigns.

I'm really glad I did play it though, and do plan to go back and play more as I only finished two campaigns. I really think what I did play though made me enjoy GW2 a lot more and I would urge anyone burning out on GW2 that didn't play the original to give it a try. Hell, get some gold and trade me some gems and I'll buy it for you. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think it was their main focus or even at worst with WvWvW. If you compare the amount of content, attention and detail put into the PVE experience to that of the sPVP experience, it weighs heavily on the PVE side.

Gotta build hype somehow ;)

All balance of the game will go towards pvp and how that effects pve most likely wont matter to them. The trait system and talents all that stuff is pure pvp min max shit.

My experience with Guild Wars is pretty limited considering I only discovered it a month or two before GW2 launch, but there seems to be a vast amount of PvE. The only PvPish experience I saw was when I ran some type of arena style PvP with npc's to get points to unlock skills from late/other campaigns.
I liked it for the npc party members was a nice little feature. The single player was thought out and a full experience, but it wasn't the focus. Specially with the original release.

BillyBats

Banned
I'm a bit confused on some event bosses. Do they ever drop loot? Some of these guys take about 30 mins to take down and it's a bit of a let down when they drop nothing. I'm just asking because I won't waste my time fighting a guy if you really don't get anything except exp. and a bit of cash.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm a bit confused on some event bosses. Do they ever drop loot? Some of these guys take about 30 mins to take down and it's a bit of a let down when they drop nothing. I'm just asking because I won't waste my time fighting a guy if you really don't get anything except exp. and a bit of cash.

If it's a meta event boss then there should be a huge chest around the vicinity with rare items.

Chocoboko

Does anyone have some tips for playing a mesmer in a dungeon scenario? I feel like as I get higher level I am missing something as I don't really feel like I output as much damage/help other team members and though I am pretty good at dodging attacks 1-2 hits from almost anything now knocks me down.

Any tips on what weapons I should be using/ stats to stack/ strategies to help my team the most? Thanks in advance.

etiolate

Banned
Gotta build hype somehow ;)

All balance of the game will go towards pvp and how that effects pve most likely wont matter to them. The trait system and talents all that stuff is pure pvp min max shit.

Not really. Actually, not at all.

PVP experience will help you greatly in PVE combat. A lot of PVP concepts will help you in PVE. Proper kiting and peeling work very well in dungeons. Proper interrupts and counters help a great deal in all aspects of the game.

So balancing for PVP won't hurt PVE. Not just because they can split skill numerics between PVE and PVP, but because the PVE experience was built around the same combat philosophy as the PVP experience.

As a Mesmer, my trait that makes my phantasms have a chance to apply regeneration to nearby enemies is a very helpful support bonus in PVP. It is also very helpful for group survivalbility in PVE. If I drop a iWarden at melee range and an iWarlock at my range then I can apply regeneration to both melee and ranged allies. This helps groups survival a good deal in PVE. If I take the Focus trait that reduces focus cooldowns and makes my focus skills reflect projectiles then it's a great counter to range nukers in PVP, but also very helpful with those PVE encounters that present a buttload of ranged mobs.

Now, they make tweak the healing coeffecient on the regeneration the Mesmer trait gives between PVE and PVP, but the concept is not just a PVP one.

etiolate

Banned
Does anyone have some tips for playing a mesmer in a dungeon scenario? I feel like as I get higher level I am missing something as I don't really feel like I output as much damage/help other team members and though I am pretty good at dodging attacks 1-2 hits from almost anything now knocks me down.

Any tips on what weapons I should be using/ stats to stack/ strategies to help my team the most? Thanks in advance.

I've only done maybe five dungeon runs total and only the first two dungeons.

I think Staff is such a good all around weapon that its always useful in dungeons. If you feel confident enough with your ability to handle melee, then you can use sword to snare foes with iLeap swap. Pistol's interrupt is useful on certain fights, and if you have a Guardian or Ele, the iDuelist projectiles will trigger beneficial combo finishers at a good rate. If you are fighting a boss you need to kite, the Greatsword's Berseker will cripple a target routinely until it dies. If you take the increased Phantasm attack rate trait then it will cripple at a higher frequency. The Focus is very good versus pesky ranged mobs, as is Mirrored Feedback.

There's situations where you need good condition removal, so equip Null Field and Phantasmal Disenchanter for those fights.

And Time Warp should be your default elite unless a situation presents the need for something else. It's pretty much Heroism for finishing off bosses.

They do but I was also using a signet that increases move speed be 10% as well as a trait that increases move speed by 20% when I have a dagger out (counterstrike reference?)

I am having such a hard time as a Necromancer in PvP. I feel completely useless to the team at the moment. Definitely can see having to switch with staffs but man, I just don't know.

Jack_AG

Banned
Is the warrior Discipline trait line completely bugged? I've got a skill which gives me crit based on Adrenaline levels that seems to do nothing ... and now I just got Weapon Swapping recharges 5 seconds faster but that also seems to do nothing ...

What is the base recharge time on weapon swapping?
Its bugged for me. 10 second base swap - with the -5 second trait makes it... 10 seconds aaaaand I still get no might on swap :|

Ken

If any 400 Armorsmith on NA can craft the exotic level 80 heavy armor Rurik set, (power, toughness, healing power) I'd pay like 7g for the set sans head.

Jack_AG

Banned
I am having such a hard time as a Necromancer in PvP. I feel completely useless to the team at the moment. Definitely can see having to switch with staffs but man, I just don't know.
Unless you've got some serious coordination - with the myriad of condition removals each class has both self and support - its not the easiest if you build on conditions. PvP seems more about spike/burst atm... though you never mentioned your spec but staff is very AOE condition heavy so...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wanna give out a shoutout to Geflato, squidyj/Anni Oukouri, qwertykiller/Treebop and aggro Crag/Mega Cragg, because FUCK THAT LOOT CHEST.

Piecake

That too, but I'm saying, we got no loot AT ALL.

I am absolutely terrible at those things. The only one ive done is the one in metrica and I think it took me like 4 hours. Well, i did the norn starter one, but that doesnt really count since its such a joke

etiolate

Banned
Getting all 80 loot in any situation would be pretty bad actually. There'd be no way to farm for lower level mats needed for crafting.

Dizzy-4U

Guys, quick question. We've been stuck in this world event for like 30 minutes. How in the world do you plant those emblems?

jrsfi.jpg

Lingitiz

I wanna give out a shoutout to Geflato, squidyj/Anni Oukouri, qwertykiller/Treebop and aggro Crag/Mega Cragg, because FUCK THAT LOOT CHEST.

Man as difficult and bullshit as that was, I had fun with it (I was Geflato btw). By the end I didn't even care about the loot. I just wanted to finish it just to beat it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom