• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Duuuuude I'm in, I had a great time rolling with your brother.

He sent me a link to an engie build, I'm already obsessing over research.

We should hop onto a PvP channel on mumble, maybe that would attract some other gaffers to run with us.

That's cool with me - that would make three of us! And I agree about jumping into the PvP channels - that should definitely help.

I would be down but I don't think the group composition would be very good. I'm playing a Thief and wife is playing a Necro.

Thief + Thief + Necro + Necro + ????

Yeah....

I'd have no problem learning a Guardian for sPvP. I love my Necro, but I can always have multiple teams to run with. Besides, learning to play with and work with different classes should help me counter them when I run into them myself.

Why can't they make a huge tournament where the winners of it gets to play as bosses in special DEs. So it will be you (or your team) vs the world

Think about playing and owning everyone as a giant :)

mbEJk.png

RIP poor rabbit :(

How did the number get so high? It's about 100 times higher than my highest crit.

Ashodin

10 days after release god what were they doing with their time.

Okay, everyone be honest, who in here has completed the full Meta Event chain tied to the Fire Elemental and who thought the reactor cleanup event and boss was the whole thing?

Personally, I don't even have a "Matrix Cube Key," though I have fought the elemental three times. Can't wait to go back and do this sometime, sounds intense.

Pros: No more annoying "area is ready" messages if you don't care about staying in the overflow for the moment
Cons: None

Let's do this right now. RIGHT NOW.

10 days after release god what were they doing with their time.

Okay, everyone be honest, who in here has completed the full Meta Event chain tied to the Fire Elemental and who thought the reactor cleanup event and boss was the whole thing?

Personally, I don't even have a "Matrix Cube Key," though I have fought the elemental three times. Can't wait to go back and do this sometime, sounds intense.

Pros: No more annoying "area is ready" messages if you don't care about staying in the overflow for the moment
Cons: None

not fixing quests fast enough.

I'd have no problem learning a Guardian for sPvP. I love my Necro, but I can always have multiple teams to run with. Besides, learning to play with and work with different classes should help me counter them when I run into them myself.

Let's give it a try. We have Elementalist and Ranger alts that we played to around level 16 so we could try those professions too. We wouldn't be as familiar with their traits and utilities but have a decent grasp of the class and their weapon abilities.

I'll be on around 7 or 8 p.m. EDT tonight and currently have no plans for the weekend (other than GW2 :]) so we'll be available to play pretty much anytime on Saturday or Sunday. We can both hop in Mumble, whenever.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Let's give it a try. We have Elementalist and Ranger alts that we played to around level 16 so we could try those professions too. We wouldn't be as familiar with their traits and utilities but have a decent grasp of the class and their weapon abilities.

I'll be on around 7 or 8 p.m. EDT tonight and currently have no plans for the weekend (other than GW2 :]) so we'll be available to play pretty much anytime on Saturday or Sunday.

Feel free to hop in mumble with myself, animlboogy, and whomever else is in there - our mumble tags are the same as our GAF names. We'll likely be leveling/doing whatever, but I know a group of us will be will to jump into sPvP whenever!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just made my first run through Divinity's Reach.

Damn, son. That's how every MMORPG city should be.

Lombax

Banned
I am planning on picking up this game on the way home tonight. One question, can you still make a character on Yak's Bend? or is the population locked?

Azzurri

Are ELE that much more difficult to play than other classes? Maybe I don't know any better since I've only played ELE, but people are saying other classes are easier?

datamage

So apparently there was a mass exodus on Northern Shiverpeaks? I briefly read on the drama with that one guild, but really? We went from Full-> Medium. Normally, I wouldn't care too much, but when the zones seem more barren than before, that does affect me.

Perhaps I should jump ship..

On a different note, my level has stagnated due to me wanting to raise armorcraft. I'd like to make stuff I can use for my level (lvl30.) Though it seems I should just buy the armor from the TP, since it's cheaper than buying the mats.

koji

Are ELE that much more difficult to play than other classes? Maybe I don't know any better since I've only played ELE, but people are saying other classes are easier?

It's not a LOT more difficult to play but it is harder yeah, fact that you have 4x5 skills per weapon set makes it a pretty complex class. (imo, I played one up to lvl 15, might continue with her when/if I grow tired of my thief it's a lot of fun)

arimanius

Does any class play(feel) like HoX from AoC? I have a 25 warrior and he melts faces but it's getting kinda boring since there's not much variety.

edit* Mesmer maybe?

So in love with this game, don't know what else to say that hasn't been said. GOTY for me for sure, especially with the delays to 2013 for some of the big Fall games.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does any class play(feel) like HoX from AoC? I have a 25 warrior and he melts faces but it's getting kinda boring since there's not much variety.

edit* Mesmer maybe?
Just looked it up, sounds more like ranged Guardian to me.

So in love with this game, don't know what else to say that hasn't been said. GOTY for me for sure, especially with the delays to 2013 for some of the big Fall games.
Yeah, can't really deny it's mine either. Only having one level 47 character and one level 10 character, I've already had more fun than with any other game this year. Hard to believe Dark Souls was a 2011 release.
Let's do this right now. RIGHT NOW.
This is me wishing I was not at work :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, I'm playing a non-crit guardian, slightly not sure what traits to max out.

I already know that I want some of lines 1,4 and 5 (Zeal, Honour, Virtues), but not sure how to max them out. I was gonna go 30/20/20, but trait line 5 (virtues) has the awesome "extra damage the more boons you have" trait at 25, so I kinda wanna max that one out as well, so I'm stuck between 30/10/30 and 20/20/30. Line 1 (zeal) has "greatsword attacks heal you" as a 30, so I KINDA want it too, while nr4 (honour) has 20% skill cooldown reduction on two-handed weapons (aka my greatsword) at 20 skillpoints that I kinda wanted... what do I do :( Virtues has a stun-break upon activating Courage (F....something) as a 30 trait, so it'd definitely not be wasted.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The game looks awesome! Love the pictures.

Is it fasted paced? Like does movement and dodging really play a part in combat? Same with PVP?

I hope this goes on sale or im going to be waiting a while to jump in and find out for myself lol

Combat is VERY fast paced. I know a lot of MMOs claim that, and end up being the same shit over and over again, but GW2 really is.

So, I'm playing a non-crit guardian, slightly not sure what traits to max out.

I already know that I want some of lines 1,4 and 5 (Zeal, Honour, Virtues), but not sure how to max them out. I was gonna go 30/20/20, but trait line 5 (virtues) has the awesome "extra damage the more boons you have" trait at 25, so I kinda wanna max that one out as well, so I'm stuck between 30/10/30 and 20/20/30. Line 1 (zeal) has "greatsword attacks heal you" as a 30, so I KINDA want it too, while nr4 (honour) has 20% skill cooldown reduction on two-handed weapons (aka my greatsword) at 20 skillpoints that I kinda wanted... what do I do :( Virtues has a stun-break upon activating Courage (F....something) as a 30 trait, so it'd definitely not be wasted.

I'm up to 25 on Virtues, 20 on Honor, and 13 on Zeal at the moment. the 25 passive for Virtues gives you extra damage for every boon, which allows me to activate Save Yourselves for a major damage boost. I also reduced consecration CD and made them targetable because I'm largely ranged with scepter/focus. (Save Yourselves also breaks stun, so I don't know if I'll take that Courage stun break passive)

In Zeal I'm taking the scepter increased damage passive and one other that doesn't come to mind. In Honor I'm using the shield of absorption while rezzing, and one other that doesn't come to mind. Sorry, I'm not at my gaming rig right now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
When can you start start buying Order armor? I haven't checked the vendor out, and I hit 70 last night.

we just need bosses that actually ask something of us beyond having a lot of health.

There are plenty of bosses in dungeons that ask more of you than that. Twilight Arbor's second boss is a good example of just that.

so i did CM with another gulid. super fast and easy even though all 5 of us were more ranged chars. we survived other than the mob just loved targeting the asura >.>

Stuart444

So for Eles, what do you think of this trait set up:

30 Water/20 Earth/20 Arcana

Also I might hit up the skill points in the starting areas I haven't done (Norn/Asura/Charr) so I can get the points needed for Tornado. Tornado seems oddly powerful >_>

Beepos

So what is the most played profession people are running into for curiosity. Guardian (2 handed especially) warriors and thieves seem to be quite populated, especially in spvp.

So what is the most played profession people are running into for curiosity. Guardian (2 handed especially) warriors and thieves seem to be quite populated, especially in spvp.

I feel like it's Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists (probably in that order), but most of the classes are well represented, except for the Necro and Mesmer.

I'm certain this is recently asked or on the OP, but I'm going to be an asshole and ask it anyway: Any idea why there are no digital copies for sale on the website right now, or when they will be back up?

zlatko

Banned

I don't see people often as I got dropped into overflow when I play, but the class I'm oddly seeing a lot of is Ranger.

thetrin

I'm a guardian, and I see a lot of rangers and warriors. Anecdotal, I'm sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SO CONFUSED on what direction to go with my Mesmer traits. They are such an interesting class. I love the Chaos, Domination, and Dueling lines.

Jack_AG

Banned
I was just exploring and goofing around and got silver in a DE without doing anything. Thanks other ppl! haha
I've had that happen to me quite a few times, too. I've also completed several DE chains from start to finish getting Golds until the final event boss - was there the whole time dpsing, rezzing, flanking, support... Bronze. I'm sjre someone halfway across the zone got my Gold tho.

DE system is just a bit borked right now - that shit happens on a regular basis.

Funny cuz I've gotten so much free XP, Karma but when I get shafted I get all pissed ha!

Jack_AG

Banned
SO CONFUSED on what direction to go with my Mesmer traits. They are such an interesting class. I love the Chaos, Domination, and Dueling lines.
I think the conundrum exists with all classes I've played - I know I'd love to go 30 in everything with my Warrior. To me that shows all routes are well thought out. Now if only my Disc line actually worked I would put points I to it grrrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom