• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm level 50 and my offhand dagger looks like a level 1 dagger. Fortunately I have a cool yellow one to balance it out. But visual loot scaling is definitely a problem in the game. I suppose they want you to invest in high tier cultural and special armors, but there's no way a level 50 character should resemble a level one character at all.

That's what those swapping stone things are good for :p

Varna

I'm level 50 and my offhand dagger looks like a level 1 dagger. Fortunately I have a cool yellow one to balance it out. But visual loot scaling is definitely a problem in the game. I suppose they want you to invest in high tier cultural and special armors, but there's no way a level 50 character should resemble a level one character at all.

This game should have really just had a style tab. The only way I've been able to get unique looking stuff it to look through the TP and just buy cheap stuff to transmute.

Artanisix

I feel like such a villain in WvW. Also killing light armor wearers in one hundred blades is amazing.

DCHmi.jpg

jFD6u.jpg

Fellow warriors, what skills are you using in pvp? Currently using Mending, Frenzy, Bull Charge, and Bola Shot. Rampage as my elite skill. I have huge chasing power and disable and, if I lock someone down, they are dead with Frenzy->Hundred Blades.

"I feel like such a villain in WvW. Also killing light armor wearers in one hundred blades is amazing."

Don't be one of those guys playing glass cannon warrior that gets his Bull Charge dodged from 50 yards out and then sits there looking like they have shit on their face.

Kalnos

Banned
Fellow warriors, what skills are you using in pvp? Currently using Mending, Frenzy, Bull Charge, and Bola Shot. Rampage as my elite skill. I have huge chasing power and disable and, if I lock someone down, they are dead with Frenzy->Hundred Blades.

I haven't played Warrior in a bit but I'm pretty sure I was using: Frenzy, Bull Charge/Bolas (changed these two around), Balanced Stance, and Battle Standard as the Elite.

Regarding Battle Standard: The ability to instant res, even if it was on a long CD, was just extremely handy for our group... + buffs. Not to mention I didn't care for Rampage, think I might take the signet over it as well.

EDIT: This was for sPvP on my part.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really like this game. Haven't been able to get into an MMO since WoW and this one has its hooks firmly implanted in my brain! So good!

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone's end game build involve halfing half a trait tier? IE only getting the minor trait? I think it might be a better option for what I'm building.. but the thought that I'm missing out on a major trait is bleh.

Piecake

Anyone's end game build involve halfing half a trait tier? IE only getting the minor trait? I think it might be a better option for what I'm building.. but the thought that I'm missing out on a major trait is bleh.

If its for PvE end game, id much rather take a major trait for the flexibility

Ken

If you can make it work, go for it.

Ferrio

Banned
If its for PvE end game, id much rather take a major trait for the flexibility

It's both. Either I get 2 major traits, one which is okay.. but not needed. Or I gain another minor trait that gives 10% damage increase when endurance isn't full.

If you can make it work, go for it.

Ya.. it might be my best bet.

Also, I have such a tiny norn. This other norn dwarfs me.

2ZUgG.png

QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png

QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png

QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png

QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png
QoUVL.png

Artanisix

"I feel like such a villain in WvW. Also killing light armor wearers in one hundred blades is amazing."

Don't be one of those guys playing glass cannon warrior that gets his Bull Charge dodged from 50 yards out and then sits there looking like they have shit on their face.

Not glass cannon moody, mass vit and toughness (get all my crit from skills and traits), I know how to bait out dodges to land bull charges and bolas. It's very rare that I use hundred blades, it's just when I do get the opportunity, goddamn.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What's your build Q? I'm having trouble settling on one. It always seems like I can get grinded down pretty easily but have a tough time actually killing people.

- 30 points in Inspiration
-20 points in Dueling
-20 points in Chaos

Staff / Scepter and Sword

If you want to go more dps and not so tanky ditch chaos for Illusion and go Staff/ scepter and gun

If you want to go tanky dots drop dueling for illusion from the first build

Stuart444

So I faced Tequatl the Sunless today.. I got nothing even though I was doing as much as anyone else.

Same like when I first faced the Shatterer... I got nothing my first time there while my gf got silver on both the Shatterer and today against Tequatl

Oh well, at least I have the waypoint now, I can face him whenever.

Ken

What's that build for easy huge amounts of critical chance for warriors?

I guess I should ask what's a good rifle build for Warriors? Heard it's really good DPS.

Raknar

Neo Member
So I faced Tequatl the Sunless today.. I got nothing even though I was doing as much as anyone else.

Same like when I first faced the Shatterer... I got nothing my first time there while my gf got silver on both the Shatterer and today against Tequatl

Oh well, at least I have the waypoint now, I can face him whenever.

It's based on damage done. So she out DPS'd you both times!

Stuart444

It's based on damage done. So she out DPS'd you both times!

Which is funny when she had major lag and I had almost none >.> but I still hit a lot and got nothing so it's most likely down to scaling. I'm thinking those large events scale up to a certain number (I think they mentioned 100 before for large large events) and there were just more people than that so the scaling thing randomly picked the people who did the most damage...

or something like that. Still pretty unfair and I hope they fix it but it was fun seeing the big old dragon for the first time :)

Xyber

So I haven't done any WvW since I was lvl 40-ish (lvl 80 now) and back then I was having a hard time killing one dude by myself. Now I have stacked condition like a maniac on my Guardian. Some people die in seconds, it's hilarious! When we have all 3 orbs I have 22,2k HP too, so that gives me even more advantage.

Ken

So clearly, I know fashionable colours. Zoey looking hot as ever!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94671413

Signets, Can someone explain those to me? Is the passive caused by them listed as a boon or something else? I barely know what a boon is but i'm getting there :D

Let me show you fashionable.

You get the passive if you have the Signet equipped in your slot bar. Signets also have an active effect that can be used but disables the passive while on CD.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet

etiolate

Banned
I've had a few days with the Logitech G600. My thoughts are thus:

-"You don't need all those buttons!" Oh, but it does improve things. I never have to leave the movement keys. It also makes FKey usage so much nicer. I can pull off quicker shatter combos now that it's easier to transition from skill chain into a shatter.
-The buttons are pretty easy to tell apart. They are laid out in rows of three, with different inclines to their angles, making it easy to feel different rows from each other.

I would say the lower two rows are much easier to reach than the top row, but I normally play with a mostly palm grip. If I go halfway between palm and claw, I can access the top row fine.

I don't normally use the buttons towards the back of the mouse and just use a shift modifier and mouse's modifier key with the the first six keys to have like 18 different actions at my thumb's command.

-It's a real good size for medium to small hands. Might be too small for very large hands, but the G600 is bigger than the mouse I had been using.

-My criticism would be that it's really easy for me to accidentally hit right click when I mean to hit the modifier button. The modifier button is placed right where your ring finger naturally lays, but since I'm not used to using that finger often it can sometimes screw me up. The modifier button is also rather sensitive compared to the left and right click.

Overall, I really like it.

Dreavus

- 30 points in Inspiration
-20 points in Dueling
-20 points in Chaos

Staff / Scepter and Sword

If you want to go more dps and not so tanky ditch chaos for Illusion and go Staff/ scepter and gun

If you want to go tanky dots drop dueling for illusion from the first build

Having two blocks sounds like fun. What trinket do you put with it? Something like Shamans?

For those of you with MMO experience, is it impossible to get a refund when you purchased the game from an online retailer rather than from, in this case, ArenaNet directly?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I made a guardian for sPvP...WOW. I built a tanky trait and skill build and just keep going and going and going. I don't have damage output and I don't win fights, but I last forever. I do have some bad matchups though, but I imagine that's the nature of the beast.

Question - do you ever get better stats in sPvP or is all gear only cosmetic?

2San

So I made a guardian for sPvP...WOW. I built a tanky trait and skill build and just keep going and going and going. I don't have damage output and I don't win fights, but I last forever. I do have some bad matchups though, but I imagine that's the nature of the beast.

Question - do you ever get better stats in sPvP or is all gear only cosmetic?
Everything is cosmetic. Out of curiosity can you tell me exactly which build you took? I'm considering playing a Gaurdian as alt, but I'm not really feeling the popular builds out atm. As it stand I'm thinking of creating a D/D crit damage elementalist. I main a thief btw(P/D venom build).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For those of you with MMO experience, is it impossible to get a refund when you purchased the game from an online retailer rather than from, in this case, ArenaNet directly?

I know that some people have received refunds from ANet. Idk if they bought from other retailers though.

Bento

Thank goodness I leveled Chef to 400 before the Butter and Chocolate change :p Need so much butter >_<

EDIT:

Btw, how is the NeoGAF guild doing on Gandarra, is it still around? I'm a level 59 Guardian and would have been neat to have a guld :)

Yasae

Banned
Account got hacked. Yes I changed the password fast, but am still waiting on a support response for what can be done about the stolen money and/or items.

And yes, they will give me my stuff back as this was a security breach in their game.

Account got hacked. Yes I changed the password fast, but am still waiting on a support response for what can be done about the stolen money and/or items.

And yes, they will give me my stuff back as this was a security breach in their game.
Hope you get it sorted out. Last I heard, the official response was that they will not be doing rollbacks, but that they may consider it in the future. So... :(

The customer support is really a disaster right now.

Yasae

Banned
Hope you get it sorted out. Last I heard, the official response was that they will not be doing rollbacks, but that they may consider it in the future. So... :(

The customer support is really a disaster right now.
I mean come on. The guy logged in from Europe, switched servers as such. I don't use the same password on most sites etc. This is just me getting fucked basically.

Good news is I didn't lose much, but yeah, I damn well do expect it back. When it's all virtual stuff just flip a switch and call it a day. Give me my one gold and 24 copper and make sure it never happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom