• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerfs to cooking:

iIhjiTSV2td0P.gif

Crafting direct from bank:

YES!

J-Rzez

So from what I gathered, it's best to put 4 of the same item in the MF to get something? So, 4 same armor slot gear piece, 4 same weapons? Same level too? Isn't there other stuff you can throw in the MF to make special things?

Jobacca

Neo Member
In WvW I'm sporting a Toughness/Crit/Vit build (Inventions, Firearms and Alchemy), with power and prec on my armor and vit/tough on jewelry. I mostly harass and sustain enough damage to be on my own most of the time.

While defending I use the rifle with extended range, Elixir B, Elixir U with reduced CD and Extended duration, Flamethrower for the toolkit skill and Mortar as Elite and Healing Turret.

When someone is in range, I pop all my elixirs and Incendiary and watch the damage go in the crazy numbers reign.
After that I place the mortar and get everyone moving out from the barrage of AoE damage I unleash. Rinse and repeat until everyone is gone.

When on attack I use Rifle or Pistol+Shield with extendend range, Elixir U, Elixir S, Slick Shoes and Med Kit for mobility.

Quoting to read later. Been wondering how to work my engineer. I find support classes so much fun.

Love how you don't have to pull mats from the bank now while at a crafting station. Oh man this game keeps getting better.

I went back to my Charr Warrior last night (usually play Engineer) and now my Warrior is my highest level (28). I absolutely love using 2 axes and a rifle. So much fun.

rawranator

Neo Member
I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to post this on but I don't know where else to post.

I recently got a iMac, 27 inch, i7, 4gigs, 1gb graphics card, I installed windows 7 on boot camp on my mac, and it has crashed on me a few times. I played last night and i checked the vent and felt the back on the mac and it was pretty hot. Not sure if the mac can handle it.

Has anyone else run into similar issues? Can the mac handle Guild Wars 2 while in windows mode?

Jobacca

Neo Member
I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to post this on but I don't know where else to post.

I recently got a iMac, 27 inch, i7, 4gigs, 1gb graphics card, I installed windows 7 on boot camp on my mac, and it has crashed on me a few times. I played last night and i checked the vent and felt the back on the mac and it was pretty hot. Not sure if the mac can handle it.

Has anyone else run into similar issues? Can the mac handle Guild Wars 2 while in windows mode?

I don't see why it should cause any problems. With it having an i7, I would think whatever card they have inside would be good enough to play it. Does it literally just crash to desktop? Does it tell you anything?

Seguin

Banned
fuck this game. All the stores around me don't have stock and I can't buy it through digital distribution. Amazon is an option, but I don't want to wait til Tuesday to play. A company that doesn't want to sell me a product won't be getting any of my money. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks for MoP to come out.

Spookie

Man that Eternal Jumping puzzle. If you get killed. It makes you wish terminal diseases on your killer. I've just lost a hour.

A hour. What a collosal prick.

rawranator

Neo Member
I don't see why it should cause any problems. With it having an i7, I would think whatever card they have inside would be good enough to play it. Does it literally just crash to desktop? Does it tell you anything?

In the middle of a game, it would crash and take me to the desktop. It does tell me something but i can't recall right now. I've sent in a few error reports. Last night is when i noticed it was running hot which i'm sure its normal but i just wanted to see if anyone else ran into the same issue.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
To the person who leveled Armorsmithing to 400...how in the DARK ARTS did you do that? Do you whorship dark dietieis? Because...I won't lie, I will do it too.

Nymerio

Is the stuff the karma merchants at the heart spots sell randomized? I could have sworn I bought some cherries yesterday and when I went back today he doesn't sell them anymore. Same with the chocolate bars...

Retro

What happened?

Certain cooking ingredients were removed from vendors to bring cooking in line with the other professions and people are throwing themselves off any high object they can find because the game has one small balance change and it's completely broken now, as is tradition with MMOs.

"Is the stuff the karma merchants at the heart spots sell randomized? I could have sworn I bought some cherries yesterday and when I went back today he doesn't sell them anymore. Same with the chocolate bars..."

They nerfed this just yesterday. So now, Cooking is not only more of a pain in the ass to level, you still don't make any money off of it! GJ ArenaNet.

lol51

Patch Notes for last 3 days:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-8th-2012/first#post32760

UPDATE NOTES – 09.08.12

Traits
Engineer
· Updated the Engineer’s Firearms trait – Juggernaut. New text for the trait: You gain 200 Toughness while wielding a Flamethrower. In addition, gain might for 15 seconds every 3 seconds, as long as you remain in this weapon kit
· Fixed a bug with Go For The Eyes. It can now only trigger once every 10 seconds.

Skills
Mesmer
· Fixed a bug with Signet of Illusions. It now give phantasms 50% more health instead of 300% more.

General
· Fixed a bug that should help resolve almost all of the broken skill challenges players have been running into.
· Ranger pet swap recharge is now the same in and out of combat. This closes an exploit with swapping ranger pets to generate very long buffs.
· Ranger pets should now immediately use their F2 skills when told instead of first performing an auto-attack.
· We discovered a bug in Monthly achievements that was causing some players to complete in August while others did not. We ae forcing completion on all players who are currently at 100% to even out this bug for those players who have completed their monthly achievement. In the future, monthly achievements will turn over on the first of the month at midnight UTC. Daily achievements also roll over for all players at midnight UTC.
· Fixed numerous events and event chains that were blocked.

PvP
· Max Glory cap per PvP match is set to 350. You now receive an achievement for reaching this cap in a given match. This closes an exploit that was letting players farm hundreds of glory per match by trading wins.

Story
· Fixed a blocking issue in “Forging the Pact.”

Crafting
· Players can now do the production portion of crafting without having to pull the resources from their bank. Note: Discovery still requires use of the bank. This is something we would like to change but decided that getting part of the way there was better than making players wait for the entire fix.
· Fixed a bug with the recipe for Ginger Pear Tarts that excluded Dough from the recipe.
· Increased the karma costs of all Bulk Cooking Materials.
· Increased the refinement costs of all Wood Planks from 2 logs to 3 logs.
· Yellow Dye recipes now include Onions instead of Celery.
· Adjusted the ingredient costs on Dye recipes.
· The following Cooking Materials are no longer sold for Karma and are now acquired through drops, gathering nodes, or loot bags: Butter, Chocolate, Vanilla, Chili Peppers, Thyme, Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Walnuts, and Oranges.

Trey

Might as well hold on to tailoring now. I don't have a craft beyond level 35 yet. Kinda been neglecting that part of the game.

Won

Not liking the cooking changes. Now I have stacks of butter from opening random loot bags in my backpack. Eek!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone else feel that the dynamic events arent a good replacement for quests/ missions from first game.

they feel to repetitive and no where near as fun as the missions and quests from the first game.

Jack_AG

Banned
Love how you don't have to pull mats from the bank now while at a crafting station. Oh man this game keeps getting better.

I went back to my Charr Warrior last night (usually play Engineer) and now my Warrior is my highest level (28). I absolutely love using 2 axes and a rifle. So much fun.
Sword/Axe with that rifle. Bleeds plus bleeds - unless you are just using rifle for vulnerability and going for burst with Axe. Running a bleed build is very powerful in PvE. Get 4 or 5 enemies on your hook... circle them so they all cram up, pop Fury, pop Flurry then jump around watching them die from a zillion bleed stacks.

My only question is do bleeds get knocked off with a 25 stack if multiple people are applying them? Is there a point when too much bleed is not giving any advantage -speaking of DE zergs... since I run a bleed build. Do my bleeds get overwritten by newer bleeds even if they are shorter in duration/less damage?

lol51

does anyone else feel that the dynamic events arent a good replacement for quests/ missions from first game.

they feel to repetitive and no where near as fun as the missions and quests from the first game.

I feel Explore mode/Story mode dungeons are the equivalent to GW1 Missions/Quests.

Nymerio

"Is the stuff the karma merchants at the heart spots sell randomized? I could have sworn I bought some cherries yesterday and when I went back today he doesn't sell them anymore. Same with the chocolate bars..."

They nerfed this just yesterday. So now, Cooking is not only more of a pain in the ass to level, you still don't make any money off of it! GJ ArenaNet.

Haha, I thought it was too good to be left like that. I made two levels by crafting the chocolate cherries yesterday.

Rapture

While i agree its beginning to feel repetitive doing one of three basic objectives "Attack, Defend, Retrieve" I feel that there is a lot of potential to do some great stuff with dynamic events, and over time ArenaNet will begin to think of better ways to use them/better stories to tell with them.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

I guess/hope in a few months they will have added a lot of alternative events while slowing down the 'old' ones a bit, so it feels more varied in crowded places. Right now, it's just zergs of players everywhere, triggering all events back and forth.

Hell I'd say even in a month it will be way more realistic when the initial storm of players isn't sitting in 4 regions anymore. In high level areas it's already waaay better (and by high level I don't mean max level necessarily, haven't been there yet - I'm talking about 40-60 zones which aren't on the standard route for everybody)

Spookie

So I finished the WvW jumping puzzle at last and got one gold and thirty silvers worth of loot from the chest.

Ha... Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

inky

Hey man, finishing the puzzle is its own reward :p I think I got one blue and one green.

Edit: Oh you mean the plans, yes it is in EB, those are alright.

Prices on the trading post are kinda crazy. Copper ore going for 17 c a piece while you can pick up lvl 80 weapons for a couple of silver. Crafted items are almost always selling for less than the cost of the mats.

So I just tested my spider farming technique a bit more formally (basically just kept track how much I made):

Start time 2:13pm
End time 3:13pm
Started 90 silver, 40 bronze
End money: 2 gold, 60 bronze

:D :D :D lol

Got 56 small venom sacs (which I put all up for 1s 35br and they sold in under 60 secs), 4 unid dyes, lots of armors/weaps vendored. Over a gold in one hour and it wasn't too boring because you can't just afk there you have to kite and be careful. I was downed a few times. There's also a steady stream of players going in and out because of the vista so it doesn't feel lonely or anything. I used rocket turret, flame turret, rifle turret, then Supply Crate elite skill (drops turrets and bandages).

Edit: Come at me bro

Spookie

Dear God. Where is that? In the Eternal Battlegrounds?

There is a mystic portal in the keep which teleport you to the puzzle. It's akin to a level in Tomb Raider. Yes it's THAT long. Bring friends or you'll get crunched by one of the other two sides in WvW.

Ended up with the highest tier of blueprints, a catapult and a bunch of blues.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Prices on the trading post are kinda crazy. Copper ore going for 17 c a piece while you can pick up lvl 80 weapons for a couple of silver. Crafted items are almost always selling for less than the cost of the mats.

That's what you get when there's too much offer.

There is a mystic portal in the keep which teleport you to the puzzle. It's akin to a level in Tomb Raider. Yes it's THAT long. Bring friends or you'll get crunched by one of the other two sides in WvW.

Ended up with the highest tier of blueprints, a catapult and a bunch of blues.

That sounds pretty epic. I loved Lion's Arch's puzzle too.

KePoW

Banned
Certain cooking ingredients were removed from vendors to bring cooking in line with the other professions and people are throwing themselves off any high object they can find because the game has one small balance change and it's completely broken now, as is tradition with MMOs.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. So now Cooking is exactly like all the other crafting skills, so it's fair.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oh please, people were leveling cooking to 400 immediately after launch like it ain't no thang.

Good on them that they are making it slightly more difficult. It was a joke before.

KingKong

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. So now Cooking is exactly like all the other crafting skills, so it's fair.

other skills dont require nearly as many ingredients and cooking is shit for making money (it's actually a huge money/karma sink if anything), it's basically about the enjoyment of it ,which is now lessened since you have to grind/buy on TP and the XP gain

Glad i got my 400 in cooking before the nerf lol

other skills dont require nearly as many ingredients and cooking is shit for making money (it's actually a huge money/karma sink if anything), it's basically about the enjoyment of it ,which is now lessened since you have to grind/buy on TP and the XP gain
This is a good point. It's not like cooking meals and snacks to resell is lucrative in any way, it's not at all. While the other professions can make bank easily

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

or it's for 10 free levels in under 3 hours :D.

I just logged out but it was at a vista on top of a mountain you get to from a cave. Area is the Norn snow area, vista is at bottom. No joke, 14x small venom sacs in 20-some minutes and they sell for a silver. Easy to do. A veteran spider always keeps spawning too

I'm trying to find this place now. Not having a lot of great luck.

Puckmarin

Banned
Possible dumb question...

By level 80 will you have enough skill points to "buy" all of your slot skills or should I be picky about how I spend them?

inky

You don't require as many ingredients but its more flexible about the discovery aspect of it. Also, if you think other crafting disciplines are not karma sinks you haven't got them to lvl 375-400. You'll spend 20k+ on karma recipes to craft top tier insignias and items.

Got 56 small venom sacs (which I put all up for 1s 35br and they sold in under 60 secs), 4 unid dyes, lots of armors/weaps vendored. Over a gold in one hour and it wasn't too boring because you can't just afk there you have to kite and be careful. I was downed a few times. There's also a steady stream of players going in and out because of the vista so it doesn't feel lonely or anything. I used rocket turret, flame turret, rifle turret, then Supply Crate elite skill (drops turrets and bandages).

Edit: Come at me bro

Reported for publicizing exploits. Enjoy your ban!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom