• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethos

Banned
Let me show you fashionable.

iRwQXvnO8D0l4.png

eek5

Yeah but you have to leave the kitchen to get those bags.

Just as far as the TP..

I just tested it with opening over 100 supply bags. Over 60% of them gave me butter and chocolate. Those two mats are going to be cheap. The thing is those two ingredients are coming out of both T2 and T3 bags I've opened so they're basically going to bottom out. Bags will drop a lot less fine mats so annoying mats to farm like scales are probably going to shoot up in value IMO.

Ashodin

Ql6QA.jpg

Say hello to my new exotic. Yes lightning flares up and down the blade.

I REPEAT, AT 11PM EST I WILL BE DOING A STRAITS OF DEVASTATION MOBBING EVENT.

You are not required to be level 80 to join, though it helps. Straits of Devastation is currently a Level 70 - 75 zone, so all those in that range who would like to help GAF reach the Temple of Balthazar, be prepared to form up and fight together. We will be starting from Fort Trinity and plowing through a randomly chosen Invasion event chain (North, Central, or South) chosen by yours truly.

Ken

[

Say hello to my new exotic. Yes lightning flares up and down the blade.

You are not required to be level 80 to join, though it helps. Straits of Devastation is currently a Level 70 - 75 zone, so all those in that range who would like to help GAF reach the Temple of Balthazar, be prepared to form up and fight together. We will be starting from Fort Trinity and plowing through a randomly chosen Invasion event chain (North, Central, or South) chosen by yours truly.

How many hours is that in for people not in EST timezone.

Violet_0

Banned
SO CONFUSED on what direction to go with my Mesmer traits. They are such an interesting class. I love the Chaos, Domination, and Dueling lines.

I'm a fan of the crit trait line. As a sword/pistol/greatsword Mesmer, I don't really see the point in running anything other than a full glass cannon (power + crit) Mesmer build in PvE and WvWvW. Illusions, Decoy, stealth at 25% health trait and the stealth wall give me plenty of ways to avoid damage. On the other hand, I'm prone to being one-shotted in dungeons rather frequently by some stupid boss ability (happens to my Engineer as well though).

This game is so great, if Arenanet plays its cards right it can only get better from here. I personally want new pvp modes and maps (tpvp/spvp)

What kind of builds are my fellow engineers using in WvW? I wanted to try a rifle build, but I noticed the skill line for rifle uses precision, and the WvW gear for engineers has no precision stats. Is there a reason for that?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What kind of builds are my fellow engineers using in WvW? I wanted to try a rifle build, but I noticed the skill line for rifle uses precision, and the WvW gear for engineers has no precision stats. Is there a reason for that?
Go to an armour vendor in the Mists lobby and swap out the insignias for something else.

LkPr

Anyone know if there has been a fix/plan to fix the monthly achievement for Experience Survivor? Its thing I need for the month and I have been stuck at 28,000 for days

lol51

Anyone know if there has been a fix/plan to fix the monthly achievement for Experience Survivor? Its thing I need for the month and I have been stuck at 28,000 for days

The monthly achievement has reset but it still seems like Experience Survivor breaks on Logout/Zone Change.

In WvW I'm sporting a Toughness/Crit/Vit build (Inventions, Firearms and Alchemy), with power and prec on my armor and vit/tough on jewelry. I mostly harass and sustain enough damage to be on my own most of the time.

While defending I use the rifle with extended range, Elixir B, Elixir U with reduced CD and Extended duration, Flamethrower for the toolkit skill and Mortar as Elite and Healing Turret.

When someone is in range, I pop all my elixirs and Incendiary and watch the damage go in the crazy numbers reign.
After that I place the mortar and get everyone moving out from the barrage of AoE damage I unleash. Rinse and repeat until everyone is gone.

When on attack I use Rifle or Pistol+Shield with extendend range, Elixir U, Elixir S, Slick Shoes and Med Kit for mobility.

Ken

Asura have great animations.

I'm finding trouble powering through the early levels again. Wish I had someone to quest with.

Spirit3

I wasn't able to play the game today due to work and personal commitments. I feel empty inside. Missing the easy loot (coins) from the daily challenge makes me sad. TP up or down again? Any major updates for me to look forward to tomorrow?

Ken

I wasn't able to play the game today due to work and personal commitments. I feel empty inside. Missing the easy loot (coins) from the daily challenge makes me sad. TP up or down again? Any major updates for me to look forward to tomorrow?

A new build...probably.

eek5

TP is up.

You can go prev/next on the stuff you're selling/buying/bought page now instead of only being able to see 10 entries.

Cooking is "harder" now because some ingredients are drop only (although they seem abundant enough to make their current market value under 11c for the most part)

You can craft from bank/collection now; discoveries still require stuff to be in your inventory.

Probably another build tonight so who knows what else will be new to you.

Should I wait for the Digital Edition to go back on sale or should I just get a boxed copy? I won't be able to start playing until around the 18th, anyway.

BrettWeir

I've been to busy w life and the game to keep up w the thread like I used to. After going back to around page 270 to the current post.... holy shit. People get so upset so easily. Obviously the game has broken elements. Maybe "When its ready" should have been a few more months, but even with the broken elements, I'm having a damn blast. And this is with a lvl 80, and two level 40+ alts.

Games been out 3 weeks now, from head start, and they are fixing things daily. What they are doing is above and beyond most MMOs that have a subscription.

If you're not enjoying it, maybe take a break and come back in a week or two. A beauty of not having to pay a sub.

Jack_AG

Banned
What's that build for easy huge amounts of critical chance for warriors?

I guess I should ask what's a good rifle build for Warriors? Heard it's really good DPS.
Crit/Rifle are both in the Arms tree. Signet build for crit chance increase and focus on bleeds/Crack Shot. Rifle shots pierce (travel through targets, no damage increase) and decrease cooldown by 20% of rifle skills, however, it is bugged much like the Disc tree - not all cooldowns are reduced as they should.

You'd want 30 Arms, 15 disc (while it is bugged and not working you want quick swap and might on swap) and you have 25 for whatever else you want.

For straight rifle and burst skill go farther in the disc tree and a bit in strength to increase burst crit chance and damage with adrenaline. Quick swap Rifle with Rifle to keep at range and gain might every 5 seconds on swap or go with Sword/Axe. Burst sword is the fastest way to stack bleeds like mad - if you choose the 10% to crit with swords in Arms, increased burst crit chance in Disc, first passive is 33% chancw to bleed on crit in Arms - i've gotten over 20 bleed stacks with a single flurry. Axe 5 allows for faster adrenaline building - increasing damage done via Strength trait and then BAM - do it again.

Not bad in WvW - but sPvP - too many people have tons of options to remove conditions so bleeds roll off quite fast. I focus on a burst build - spike damage seems like a better option to down a target vs conditions. Axe/Axe for nice burst dmg, crit chance, quick adrenaline building.

I've found venturing in higher level areas with rifle bleed makes insanely fast work of mobs. Veterans are a touch more difficult and require an occasional dodge but are still easy with rifle/sword bleed. Very much faceroll while exploring in PvE.

Typing from my phone while sipping coffee so I apologize for any errors.

Jack_AG

Banned
I've been to busy w life and the game to keep up w the thread like I used to. After going back to around page 270 to the current post.... holy shit. People get so upset so easily. Obviously the game has broken elements. Maybe "When its ready" should have been a few more months, but even with the broken elements, I'm having a damn blast. And this is with a lvl 80, and two level 40+ alts.

Games been out 3 weeks now, from head start, and they are fixing things daily. What they are doing is above and beyond most MMOs that have a subscription.

If you're not enjoying it, maybe take a break and come back in a week or two. A beauty of not having to pay a sub.
My biggest concern is leveling. I noted my issues with DEs. They would be great in small groups but a metric ton of people seem to suck the life right out of them. Hard to feel like you did anything when shit dies in 1/100th of a second with everyone around. Too many people also cheapen the bosses for me.

I'd love an option to instance yourself and your group from everyone else for a challenge. I could just roll in a higher level area and do - but I shouldn't need to search 6-7 levels above me for veteran encounters that make me do some work to stay alive.

HBroward

Should I wait for the Digital Edition to go back on sale or should I just get a boxed copy? I won't be able to start playing until around the 18th, anyway.

You can upgrade to the deluxe once you get the standard version, but they tax you a little bit extra for the right to do so.

Xiaoki

They really need to do something about Orr.

Upgrading the Veteran bosses to Champions, making the bosses much much more of a threat and greatly increasing their respawn timers would go a long way in making Orr a better experience.

Because right now running with a 40 man zerg and doing the same 10 events in a cycle is quite boring.

jokkir

I love how many random events are in this game and how many players participate in it. About 15 players tried to kill some witch just now and everyone died
KuGsj.gif

_machine

My biggest concern is leveling. I noted my issues with DEs. They would be great in small groups but a metric ton of people seem to suck the life right out of them. Hard to feel like you did anything when shit dies in 1/100th of a second with everyone around. Too many people also cheapen the bosses for me.

I'd love an option to instance yourself and your group from everyone else for a challenge. I could just roll in a higher level area and do - but I shouldn't need to search 6-7 levels above me for veteran encounters that make me do some work to stay alive.
I guess that's down to taste then, I just made it to 80 and got to say that I enjoyed pretty much ever level of it. It's something I can't say for any other MMO (expect for GW, but in it there's no real leveling and neither does it really matter that much). I don't mind the DE's being normally easy and I like the mobbing of huge bosses. There's plenty of challenge in the Dungeons for me and some of the story missions at later levels provide plenty of rewarding challenge just like in Guild Wars.

th3dude

Have an Engineer at level 24 or so. Started a Norn Warrior last night and got him to level 7 or so. SO MUCH FUN. Dat greatsword.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
We tried AC explorable yesterday only for it to have a bugged event.

It was still a really cool dungeon though just because
the first boss we were pretty much only able to beat because of a cave troll via dynamic event

Anyway, I may try the first path today just because I heard it wasn't bugged. The other cool thing was that it was all GAFfers in the party except we needed one more person and the random person I happen to invite was actually in the GAFO.

After doing CM with randoms, I never want to get a party of randoms again so that was a nice surprise.

Violet_0

Banned
Priory, lake quest - when I retrieve the sword and leave the lake, the sword disappears, I can't finish the quest (tried it four times now). Is there anything I can do about this?

Vesper73

This game has a case of, 'World's best artists, mixed with a crappy 3d engine.' Stuff in the immediate vicinity looks amazing, but then....... dude.... blue fog. The worst draw distance since Morrowind.

And....we're still doing zones?

Someone needs to start a guild called 'Blue Fog'

Priory, lake quest - when I retrieve the sword and leave the lake, the sword disappears, I can't finish the quest (tried it four times now). Is there anything I can do about this?

Drop it near the shore while still in water, get out and grab it from land. May need to position it a few time until you are standing on ground with your "land skills" active.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This game has a case of, 'World's best artists, mixed with a crappy 3d engine.' Stuff in the immediate vicinity looks amazing, but then....... dude.... blue fog. The worst draw distance since Morrowind. And....we're still doing zones?
There's a weird complaint.

Zones - well, when you get into an overflow, you'll understand why. Server capacity in the game is very large.
Draw distance - Sylvari zone, maybe? Because the draw distance is perfectly appropriate.

Jack_AG

Banned
I guess that's down to taste then, I just made it to 80 and got to say that I enjoyed pretty much ever level of it. It's something I can't say for any other MMO (expect for GW, but in it there's no real leveling and neither does it really matter that much). I don't mind the DE's being normally easy and I like the mobbing of huge bosses. There's plenty of challenge in the Dungeons for me and some of the story missions at later levels provide plenty of rewarding challenge just like in Guild Wars.
Yeah I'm focusing more and more on personal story since I'm about 20 levels behind - also hitting up some WvW. I don't like the zergs - AOE fest - but I will say that me and a friend went all stealth nabbing bases - taking on a few veterans at once just made my day. For me the small skirmishes are more fun. We ran into a few players here and there doing the same - made for much more interesting fights 2v2 or 2v3.

I think until ANet ups enemy AI in DEs - everything will be a basic zerg so I'm kinda turned off by them at the moment. Dungeons are fun tho but I wouldn't mind seeing some 3 or even 2-man content in that regard.

KingKong

Oh looks like we can craft straight from the bank now? But only for discovered recipies

And it looks like they removed a buch of items from cooking karma vendors, boo

I wish theyd just post patch notes, not their vague state of the game thing

Wow just got DC'ed, the game client crash error, right at the last bad guy in the Caudecus Manor dungeon. It was my first try at a dungeon too, lame.

Jack_AG

Banned
Oh looks like we can craft straight from the bank now? But only for discovered recipies

And it looks like they removed a buch of items from cooking karma vendors, boo

I wish theyd just post patch notes, not their vague state of the game thing
1) hooray!
2) booooooo!
3) agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom