• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorn.

Prices on the trading post are kinda crazy. Copper ore going for 17 c a piece while you can pick up lvl 80 weapons for a couple of silver. Crafted items are almost always selling for less than the cost of the mats.

That's because crafting gives a ridiculous amount of XP, so raw Materials are worth more because you can extract XP from them. I don't even think this will get any better in the long run because it's the easiest way to quickly level alts for high level players with lots of gold. Doesn't really help that most crafted stuff is utterly use- and worthless. No idea how they could fix this though.

In related news, does anyone know how much orichalcum one needs to get to lvl 400 jeweler? Because that stuff is crazy expensive.

"You don't require as many ingredients but its more flexible about the discovery aspect of it. Also, if you think other crafting disciplines are not karma sinks you haven't got them to lvl 375-400. You'll spend 20k+ on karma recipes to craft top tier insignias and items."

You can actually make money with your crafted items at 400, though.

Cheech

fuck this game. All the stores around me don't have stock and I can't buy it through digital distribution. Amazon is an option, but I don't want to wait til Tuesday to play. A company that doesn't want to sell me a product won't be getting any of my money. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks for MoP to come out.

Amazon itself is out of hard copies as well. You're better off sharking a local "out of the way" big box store.

XeroSauce

If you use a turret skill on Engi, and then change the skill out of combat, when does the turret disappear? When you change the skill? When you use the new skill? Or it stays forever (until death)?

Man that Eternal Jumping puzzle. If you get killed. It makes you wish terminal diseases on your killer. I've just lost a hour.

A hour. What a collosal prick.

When I did it there was a huge group of invaders right at the very end. I would have put my fist through my monitor if I wasn't a thief and able to evade them.

hmmmm.... Been digging my ranger atm... But i'm not really seeing any support potential here.

Outside of that healing springs move, anything else useful in dungeons and what not? Spirits... seems kinda, idk.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Launcher downloading a crapload of files for me, almost feels like it's reloading the whole client -.-
..with a download rate of roughly 300 kb/s...

Did they add a huge update or is my installation just acting up? I played earlier today, so I don't really understand what's going on.

"That's true and fair. I think they should buff some effects on rare food items. People would buy speed/MF/exp, etc buffs if they were worthwhile."

I think they should add funky multi-color dyes or strange special effects that are "exotic" dye and require 1 or two rare crafting mats (stuff like corrupted lodestone, etc.) instead of some of the unreliably farmable plants (raspberries, etc.). That's actually another problem, the only thing cooks can sell at 400 that actually can make money, you can't make anywhere near as reliably as the other professions can make theirs. Things like Intricate Totems, Powerful bloods, etc. are both reliably farmable AND can be created with the mystic forge with the previous tier of materials. You can't do that with Raspberries, Coriander seed, so forth, so it's not worth the time investment to go farm those materials for a measly 40-50s dye.

Edit: Reliable is probably not the best word. Efficiently? We'll say efficiently farmable.

Zeliard

"The following Cooking Materials are no longer sold for Karma and are now acquired through drops, gathering nodes, or loot bags: Butter, Chocolate, Vanilla, Chili Peppers, Thyme, Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Walnuts, and Oranges."

lol, knew I should have taken advantage of it before :<

Oh please, people were leveling cooking to 400 immediately after launch like it ain't no thang.

Good on them that they are making it slightly more difficult. It was a joke before.

Except the change screws the other professions since now instead of getting the items we need to craft, we are getting random crap like butter. It was already a pain to grind for those blue items needed for our crafts, and now are chances to get them have become worse. Cooking needed a nerf, but what they did kind screws everyone else while making cooking also become more expensive itself and not worth as much to make

Taffer

Things like Intricate Totems, Powerful bloods, etc. are both reliably farmable AND can be created with the mystic forge with the previous tier of materials.

All those vials of Tier 1 blood can be made into Tier 2 blood?
I was just reminded of the gear recycling in Torchlight by that forge and I can't believe I didn't try this.

does anyone else feel that the dynamic events arent a good replacement for quests/ missions from first game.

they feel to repetitive and no where near as fun as the missions and quests from the first game.

Repetitive? Do you know what that word means?

Dynamic Events are different depending on the amount of players. Dynamic Events still rewards you and pushes the reaction in different directions depeding on if you win or loose. With so many more variables, rewards, and much superior loot, how can you even say such things?

Have you played GW1 recently or any other quest MMO?

On my server, the zerg rushes are gone. Most events are a real challenge for me now. its awesome. But I tend to backtrack. I spend five hours last night is Brisban, just getting all the PoIs, materials, Vistas, Skill challenges and so on, even though I am technically levelled above the zone. I love it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was worried about not being able to get butter that often after the change but Im fucking swimming in it now. Not so much chocolate though

"All those vials of Tier 1 blood can be made into Tier 2 blood?
I was just reminded of the gear recycling in Torchlight by that forge and I can't believe I didn't try this."

Yes.

I can't stand the 5 man PvE dungeons in this game. There is no real aggro, it's very annoying.
They could have done a semi trinity solution but instead they made it so random. I don't understand how people can defend how it is now, it's not fun at all. /Opinions

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Was there a bug about lost items? I just lost hundreds of iron ores I had been farming from level 15 to lvl 26. =(

vaelic

Banned
fuck this game. All the stores around me don't have stock and I can't buy it through digital distribution. Amazon is an option, but I don't want to wait til Tuesday to play. A company that doesn't want to sell me a product won't be getting any of my money. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks for MoP to come out.

instead of complaining, maybe you should have purchased it earlier

nataku

Was there a bug about lost items? I just lost hundreds of iron ores I had been farming from level 15 to lvl 26. =(

I think it was related to the trading post. If they just vanished out of your inventory I'm not sure I heard anything like that yet.

I have 250 iron ore in my bank though, so I'll send them to you if you want. I'm not going to be using them for anything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Almost got me until the last sentence, 7.58/10

*yawn* Well that was a ridiculously long "nap."

So, not saying I'm gonna make it to 70 in time to join you folks in Orr tonight, but anybody out there level 45-50 want to come get ridiculous amounts of XP with me?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think it was related to the trading post. If they just vanished out of your inventory I'm not sure I heard anything like that yet.

I have 250 iron ore in my bank though, so I'll send them to you if you want. I'm not going to be using them for anything.

Sure if you aren't doing anything with them. I'm asalty about this. lol

Name is Karshiro

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Love cleaning out my mail and finding a reward you forgot to accept. It's like finding a $20 in your jeans pocket.

(i'd like to kiss whoever decided to make it impossible to delete before taking the reward on the mouth)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The thief trait Feline Grace makes me more of a ninja than ever.

It's funny, I really want my build to focus on precision but the other trait lines are just so much fun...

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Hey guys. I just popped in my nvidia card that I've had laying around for a bit now. Are we still on beta drivers?

Ken

does anyone else feel that the dynamic events arent a good replacement for quests/ missions from first game.

they feel to repetitive and no where near as fun as the missions and quests from the first game.

I didn't play more than 5 minutes of the first game, but I think the DEs are good when there are actually people around. Was trying to do several DEs in the Asura starting area last night but no one else was around so I had to skip a few.

what type of runes are ppl putting in their armor? I have a hard time deciding =/

I'm a ranger btw

Flat AD, flat armor, scaling magic resist, movespeed quints.

How is this game holding up after a couple weeks? I'm thinking about picking it up to fill the RPG void in my life after D3 fell flat.

I think it's a fun game. Well, I'm having more fun with it than I did D3, and that it's F2P means even if it doesn't click instantly it's always there to come back to.

Seguin

Banned
Almost got me until the last sentence, 7.58/10

What do you mean? I'm genuinely pissed they won't let me buy the game. My internet buddies are all playing GW2 and I'm left out in the cold.

instead of complaining, maybe you should have purchased it earlier

...What? I've never heard of a company stop selling their game via DD. Not only that but I really had no reason to buy it before yesterday because my HTPC wasn't finished yet. If I had known these valuable keys would be rationed like cigarettes in prison I would have bought it earlier.

I think it's a fun game. Well, I'm having more fun with it than I did D3, and that it's F2P means even if it doesn't click instantly it's always there to come back to.

This is what I've been hearing a lot of. I would have probably impulse bought it today if the digital download was still available. Instead I ended up logging into D3 and sad quitting after 30 minutes because the game is such a let down.

Any idea when the digital download will be back?

Reikon

...What? I've never heard of a company stop selling their game via DD. Not only that but I really had no reason to buy it before yesterday because my HTPC wasn't finished yet. If I had known these valuable keys would be rationed like cigarettes in prison I would have bought it earlier.

Because no other company is responsible enough to lose short term sales in order to make a better experience for their existing customers?

And you're willing to wait weeks for MoP but not 3 days for a physical copy from Amazon? Talk about hypocrisy. If you're that impatient, look for it in a B&M store.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Has any one else found any non solid walls / rocks? I found one last night.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evlcookie/screenshots/?shortcutid=41578

I decided not to jump down into the abyss. I honestly thought I was meant to go around there since my map seemed like it wasn't showing the location. I got up and nothing was there except a non solid wall :(

I still haven't done a 100% map completion yet. There's always 1 or 2 small things hiding from me.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm re-rolling a new character today and really want to find someone to level up with to make these early zones a little less painful to go through for the umpteenth time. Anyone in the same boat?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's everyone's opinion about Level Scaling so far? Not sure if I like it or not...

I'm very mixed on it. My biggest issue is that I am level 65 runnin through a level 10 zone having to deal with mobs aggroing me from way too far away. I like that loot at least scales, though. That part is super nice.

Jack_AG

Banned
I'm very mixed on it. My biggest issue is that I am level 65 runnin through a level 10 zone having to deal with mobs aggroing me from way too far away. I like that loot at least scales, though. That part is super nice.
Weird... I had to run through Queensdale for my personal story and its not scaling for me. I was considering not 100% zones until higher level but I still have not gotten level-appropriate loot the few times I ran through lowbie zones :(

Booter

qak2.png

BillyBats

Banned

LOL! You can't get it through digital distribution? Why? So, having to wait 3 days for the game has raged you into not playing it at all? Your post did make me laugh out loud so thanks for that. Enjoy the pandas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom