• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

How good is everyone in PVP quickmatch? I want to give it a try but I'm kinda intimidated because I always die really quickly in WvW, even in 1v1s.

eek5

patch notes:
Skills & Traits

Mesmer
The Prestige – Fixed a bug so that Burning duration no longer amplifies when additional enemies are present.

Ranger
Beastmastery Trait: Instinctual Bond – Now grants 5 seconds of quickness to the player’s pet and can only occur once every 50 seconds.
Pets can no longer be revived using the “F” prompt. This is because you can either use F4 to swap pets which will bring that pet back alive or you can wait until you are out of combat at which point you pet will revive automatically. We felt it was doing a disservice to Ranger players to incentivize them to spend a long time reviving their pet when it was a very inefficient thing to do and happened after combat anyway. This will also help clear up “F” to interact functionality.

Guardian
Tome of Wrath – Removed Stability, added Retaliation; increased the health of the transform
  • Zealot’s Fervor – Players can now move while casting this skill; increased cast time to 2 seconds; reduced maximum targets to 5
  • Judgment – Knockdown is now 3 seconds
    Tome of Courage – Removed Stability, added Protection
  • Heal Area – Base heal increased by 33%
  • Pacifism – Reduced maximum targets to 5; increased cast time to 2 seconds; reduced daze duration to 2 seconds
Shield of Absorption. The second half of this skill will now unlock in PvE.

Story
“Bad Blood” – Exiting the conversation will no longer arbitrarily lock the player into a choice
“Mirror, Mirror” – Adjusted difficulty.
“The Hatchery” You can no longer do the final step before doing the intermediate steps.
“Dredging up the Past” – Fixed blocking bug during the first step.

General
Fixes for various blocked events and skill challenges.
PvP games played/won will not increment in activities.
Fixes for various map bugs that allowed players to get out of the map.
Interact “F” should use the following priority:
  1. Your current selection
  2. Loot
  3. Revive/Stomp
  4. Anything else
Updated the recipe for Superior Rune of the Ranger to match the rarity of other Superior runes.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-9th-2012

Sethos

Banned
Did they buff the bleeding shot with rifles? I really don't recall it stacking that much and putting out that kind of damage, when it's 10x ( Even hits 12-13x at times ) stacked it's like 2-3 people are hitting the mob I'm fighting as the bleed damage is insane. I barely even use my other abilities now, just have to auto-fire and the mob goes down quicker than ever.

Maybe I just haven't noticed?

TDLink

You like the system and want to defend it, I hate the system to bits.

Now we're just going in circles.

I think this game is quite sloppy for a "final" release actually, which is why I am defending their patching process. Trading Post missing launch and still being unstable is inexcusable. Many events, story quests, and skill points being un-activateable/broken/freezing during certain steps is inexcusable. The game still not being well optimized and utilizing way too much CPU and barely any GPU, resulting in lower than normal FPS for many people (including me) is inexcusable. These are all big problems I see with the game, but also ones they have been slowly working on and improving due to these daily patches. I have already noticed progress on all these fronts over the past week...it would have really sucked to wait on them till a specified day when they were ready to roll out.

Not to mention they have also contained new features that are useful like "Leave Queue" for Overflow prompts and crafting from Bank resources.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone getting randomly disconnected? Thought it was my internet at first... but nope nothing else is losing connectivity. Didn't start happening until tonight.... only has happened in instances.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The preview window is pretty cool:
ibk35GTvPy9fUY.png

One day.

2San

How good is everyone in PVP quickmatch? I want to give it a try but I'm kinda intimidated because I always die really quickly in WvW, even in 1v1s.
People really aren't that good and since it's 8v8 it becomes a clusterfuck pretty quick. It's good for quick fun and testing out builds. Tournaments are quite a bit harder, since you need some co-ordination to actually get the wins.

Sethos

Banned
FINALLY, after 50+ levels the Norn personal story is actually getting somewhere :p Christ almighty it has been nothing but cheese and a bunch of tripe. "Rarr, rarr I'm mighty, let me show you or let's go here rarr"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are there any GAF Guild GMs/officers online? I want to join the guild. I'm currently an Engineer charr named Jhamadarr.

Rapture

lolz screen i took tonight during the guild event, all of us attacking a Risen Shark at the same time. The majority of the comments were along the lines of "what are we attacking right now?"

gw065.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I dont get the level scaling mentioned in the op. if you are always auto scaled then why have levels at all and not just skills and gear to advance? It sounds like they implemented it later in development making parts of it wasted work? Unless there are restrictions and things I miss.

Anyway, what game is the gameplay closest to? Wow or more action a la Tera or PSO or MonHun or that korean source based online action rpg or?

Grayman

I dont get the level scaling mentioned in the op. if you are always auto scaled then why have levels at all and not just skills and gear to advance? It sounds like they implemented it later in development making parts of it wasted work? Unless there are restrictions and things I miss.

Anyway, what game is the gameplay closest to? Wow or more action a la Tera or PSO or MonHun or that korean source based online action rpg or?

scaling only goes downwards. there is still 80 levels of zones, gear, and earning trait points. It makes it so players don't quite out level all the content in the game and may cut down on the waste of six races having their own starter areas for example.

the game is fast and has dodging and kiting but still feels like a hotkey driven mmo but with less bloat.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Ah, ok, I thought it meant you scale up to catch up with your friends too, but they only scale down to your level instead.

But I imagine they still won't be too eager to do low level content again, since the gear etc will be useless to them?

I didn't like gw1's feel much, this is very different? They should do a demo thing. Dungeon, boss sp and coop.

Chanser

Ah, ok, I thought it meant you scale up to catch up with your friends too, but they only scale down to your level instead.

But I imagine they still won't be too eager to do low level content again, since the gear etc will be useless to them?

I didn't like gw1's feel much, this is very different? They should do a demo thing. Dungeon, boss sp and coop.

No matter what map your in, the loot drops according to your real level. So level 10 area will drop level 60+- loot etc.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Seriously, more guardian nerfs? How else is one supposed to get the big heal without stability?
Seriously, one of the strongest professions is getting a nerf? (And buffs alonside nerfs...) :p That heal should always be rupted, it's way too strong and there's already other means to apply stability.

Arken2121

Seriously, one of the strongest professions is getting a nerf? (And buffs alonside nerfs...) :p That heal should always be rupted, it's way too strong and there's already other means to apply stability.

a few pages back I listed quite a few faults on the guardian. also, a 5 second cast time? No way you'll get it off now. The class has been receiving nerfs every patch. where's the hundred blades nerf or maybe something along the lines of a reduction of speed gained from quickness.

reiterate: terrible ranged capibilities, low health, no escape mechanism, no cripple, unable to spec into condition damage since burning doesn't stack well.

Hoo-doo

Banned
what type of runes are ppl putting in their armor? I have a hard time deciding =/

I'm a ranger btw

Sigil of bloodlust on my warrior is the best thing ever.

It stacks +5 to power with every mob you kill, goes up to 25 stacks, and it lasts until you are downed. I'm not sure if you can use multiples of these sigils.

A single sigil of this pretty much makes me run around with +125 power constantly, and it has made me feel completely overpowered at my current level, seeing as I already have a Power/Precision/Crit damage build.

Sethos

Banned
Erm, is sword dual wielding bugged? Bought two one handers, one in the main hand and the other in off-hand but the attacks look just like attacks with one sword and the damage as well, the off-hand sword doesn't even get used?

What am I missing here

EDIT: Oh, so first 3 skills are for one weapon, last 2 are for the other / both.

Eh.

Sethos

Banned
The few I've gotten always seem to have numerous sellers at that level. This game's economy is nothing like WoW so far. It's great when I'm buying, and annoying when I'm selling.

Yea, I'm not selling anything until this toilet economy settles. Just picked up another rare for 1s. Christ.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
People are crazy, putting up rares for 2-3s

I sometimes wonder if it would be worth it to save up, then buy the whole TP clear of one specific item and sell it again for 10x the 'original' price. People just click "match lowest seller" anyway, even if they would get more profit at a freaking npc.

Sethos

Banned
I sometimes wonder if it would be worth it to save up, then buy the whole TP clear of one specific item and sell it again for 10x the 'original' price. People just click "match lowest seller" anyway, even if they would get more profit at a freaking npc.

I keep thinking that every minute of every day. I could either make a very poor decision or I could be filthy rich if the economy sky rockets in a few weeks :p

remz

a lot of people list certain items at one bronze higher then npc price. which is stupid considering with listing fee they're making less than npc.

what annoys me is the crazy inflation on crafting mats tho. you can pay 1 silver a pop on 8 tiny claws (8silver) to craft an item worth like... 2 silver total. grr.

demonkaze

Been playing an ele (only Lv 22) but I've been wondering if there's any general tips or advice? Also curious on what kind of builds people are going with, I know for sure that I probably want to take some Arcane just for the fact of the faster atunement switching.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm thinking along those lines. I'd rather they reduced the heal amount. No one uses tome of wrath or renewed focus since they're terrible. courage is the only good elite for guardians.
Look, a full party heal that couldn't be dazed, knocked down, etc, was bad. Don't get defensive whenever your class gets fixed.

eek5

It depends on the amount of supply coming in. Keep in mind that for every item selling at vendor price there are people smart enough not to list it that low that don't even list the item at all because the price isn't worth it. If the price were 10 times vendor they would definitely not vendor the item and would list it instead.

If there is only a small stack preventing you from listing your item, say 3x vendor price, it makes sense to just buy all 3 items then list higher. The worst that can happen is you lose list fee on one item then 1c on each item you bought out (from vendoring it). The best case is you sell at 3x vendor price for all 4 of your items. This works if there is a small block but any big stacks are probably not worth it/too risky.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It depends on the amount of supply coming in. Keep in mind that for every item selling at vendor price there are people smart enough not to list it that low that don't even list the item at all because the price isn't worth it. If the price were 10 times vendor they would definitely not vendor the item and would list it instead.

If there is only a small stack preventing you from listing your item, say 3x vendor price, it makes sense to just buy all 3 items then list higher. The worst that can happen is you lose list fee on one item then 1c on each item you bought out (from vendoring it). The best case is you sell at 3x vendor price for all 4 of your items. This works if there is a small block but any big stacks are probably not worth it/too risky.

This seems all correct, but I wonder how on earth the economy of Guild Wars 2 should get to a reasonable standard then. Almost every item I checked seems to be sold in the hundreds, if not thousands/ten-thousands, and every new seller tries to match or undermine the current lowest price. With all servers in one auction house, there seems be be way more supply than demand on most items, even the supposedly 'rare' ones, and I don't see a way how the economy could ever recover from this.

Dunno, maybe I'm missing something or overthinking it in general, but when a piece of copper ore is more valuable than a level 55 green, I'm kinda wondering.

_machine

Trading Post really needs a preview option.
I'd expect that to be included some time in the future. The reason why linking and preview doesn't work with TP currently is probably because the TP seems to be a bit different from the game and uses something akin to HTML. They also need to fix the UI scaling on TP since it doesn't scale properly when you use the UI size options. The preview window was implemented not too much before launch so maybe there's more work to be done that too.

Sethos

Banned
Not really, Steam does the same thing for obvious reasons [account hacking].

Guess your right. I was just thinking in case you were asking for support on something account specific that it'd just require an extra verification process that it's actually you which could be annoying but again but then again, probably few examples of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom