• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
"So the solution is to either remove stealth altogether or make it so so people can see them but not target them, right? Hmm...."

The solution is "Downed state is dumb."

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So the solution is to either remove stealth altogether or make it so so people can see them but not target them, right? Hmm....

Eh leave it how it is, stealth classes are supposed to be able to blow you up badly from stealth with you being helpless before hand. They should just make it so you see them pop up at the very last second if you want to nerf them in anyway.

Ferrio

Banned
So the solution is to either remove stealth altogether or make it so so people can see them but not target them, right? Hmm....

Wanna see a useless thief? Remove stealth. Stealth is on timer too, they can't restealth 3 seconds after unstealthing.

Easy solution would make it so you can't death blow while stealthed.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I said that because players are making comments about how stealth is so "broken" or "OP" or something else. What the hell do you want ANet to do?

Wanna see a useless thief? Remove stealth. Stealth is on timer too, they can't restealth 3 seconds after unstealthing.

Easy solution would make it so you can't death blow while stealthed.

I somehow feel like you can't deal enough damage from a back stab to get them from 100% health to 0.

Ferrio

Banned
I said that because players are making comments about how stealth is so "broken" or "OP" or something else. What the hell do you want ANet to do?

I somehow feel like you can't deal enough damage from a back stab to get them from 100% health to 0.

Oh of course you can't, but it's the most efficient initiative to damage ratio.

Complistic

yesssss

yKzwC.jpg

Complistic

That is level 70 crafted heavy armor (barbarian I think?) with a story rewarded chest and helm. The chest piece is transmutated as it was a story reward in the 50's I think.

Basically barbarian armor rocks once you swap out the chest piece.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is "Downed State" where you have to fight for your life using a shitty camera and terrible skills?

Engineer self destruct says hello :D Though thats if you managed to pull it off. Its pretty useful when you do. A lot better than the ones the guardian has anyways.

Kingbrave

I hit 45 at least! Did the Shatterer and saw some Gaffers. Was gonna post pic but I fucked it up somehow. Got a new Great sword and it looks awesome.

Defeating the last boss to Sorrow's Embrace... Had a good laugh!

Also, I really want a better Mesmer downed teleport skill... Maybe let me chose where to teleport to, instead of clicking it and hoping I don't end up at the boss' feet.

Mangotron

Engineer self destruct says hello :D Though thats if you managed to pull it off. Its pretty useful when you do. A lot better than the ones the guardian has anyways.

Ugh, Guardian downed state sucks so much ass. I can't tell you the number of times the enemy has gotten down to no visible health and that stupid beam thing can't kill it. :/

So what's the best source of endgame gear? Are people just buying/finding exotics and only doing Explore Mode dungeons for transmuting? Are the super-expensive Karma sets also mostly for looks?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ugh, Guardian downed state sucks so much ass. I can't tell you the number of times the enemy has gotten down to no visible health and that stupid beam thing can't kill it. :/

Most of the time the mad amount of DOTs I put on the enemy usually kills them so Im right back up. This happened once 4 times in a row, then eventually the bar was so low that basically just pretty much died instantly lol

Belfast

Man, I know this game can be beautiful sometimes, but I also know that a few of the zones feel kinda same-y. But Orr is pretty freakin' amazing!

"So what's the best source of endgame gear? Are people just buying/finding exotics and only doing Explore Mode dungeons for transmuting? Are the super-expensive Karma sets also mostly for looks?"

Crafting is the best source of endgame gear. You can get the exact stats you want (that the game allows anyway) with less farming than karma/dungeon sets. Though sometimes you may want a piece or two of karma gear because some pieces have slightly different stat combinations than "normal."

Sethos

Banned
Some say the Cultural Tier 3 is pretty bad, stats wise - Is that true?

Right now that's my only carrot for levelling, that going down the drain would be ... :(

Sethos

Banned
Don't care it's only for GW2. I don't want to buy Win7

It's seems to be working well with bootcamp but I don't know. I'd be pretty pissed to buy the game and not be able to play it.

My GW2 was crashing 3 times an hour on Windows 8, back to Windows 7 on the same drivers and it's rock solid.

"Some say the Cultural Tier 3 is pretty bad, stats wise - Is that true? "

It's exorbitantly expensive for a bunch of rares and the stat distribution is questionable for a lot of classes depending on your race's cultural armor. The same price you spend on that shit will get you a full set of crafted exotic with the exact stats you want and jewelry and weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom