• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Some say the Cultural Tier 3 is pretty bad, stats wise - Is that true?

Right now that's my only carrot for levelling, that going down the drain would be ... :(

Bad for the cost. Isn't it like 80 gold a piece? That's ridiculous.

I'm almost done with my exotics and it has costed me less than 1 piece of Tier 3 Cultural armor.

Sethos

Banned
"Some say the Cultural Tier 3 is pretty bad, stats wise - Is that true? "

It's exorbitantly expensive for a bunch of rares and the stat distribution is questionable for a lot of classes depending on your race's cultural armor. The same price you spend on that shit will get you a full set of crafted exotic with the exact stats you want and jewelry and weapons.

Sure but ( most of ) the crafted gear looks like shit ( from what I've seen so far ). My only reason for levelling a Norn warrior especially was the Stag armour, most badass armour I've ever seen. I need it in my life, even if it means buying a million gems and converting them. Would just be a shame if the set outright sucked.

Bad for the cost. Isn't it like 80 gold a piece? That's ridiculous.

I'm almost done with my exotics and it has costed me less than 1 piece of Tier 3 Cultural armor.

20 a piece and less for gloves etc.

"Bad for the cost. Isn't it like 80 gold a piece? That's ridiculous."

Not 80g per piece, more like 5-10g.

"Sure but the crafted gear looks like shit. My only reason for levelling a Norn warrior especially was the Stag armour, most badass armour I've ever seen. I need it in my life, even if it means buying a million gems and converting them. Would just be a shame if the set outright sucked."

The set sucks. I mean you can spend the gold just to have the transmute, but it's an awful cost for what you get.

Ferrio

Banned
ngIG5.png

End game armor for me there...

Piecake

Well, did Sorrows Embrace, and I am thankful that my legendary is not there. that freakin golem spawn boss sucks monkey butt. It just takes way too long to kill

Speaking of legednaries, I actually need to do AC and CM story mode and start working on explore mode. Will any kind soul (or group) take pitty on an asura engineer?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm going to end up getting the POW/VIT/CONDITION Flame Legion gear for myself. That will end up being my end game gear, though my gear right now is already pretty fucking baller.

Stuart444

Did Sorrow's Embrace in about an hour and a half with the same team minus one person (one of the guardians) however someone else came and he was also a Guardian and a very good one at that.

The entire team was awesome and we only wiped once against
the second of Kudos Golem. We are a bit uncoordinated against the Iron Forgemen but we new what to do and was able to finish without wiping relatively easily.

Probably one of the best dungeons outside of a little high health pool wise in one or two battles. Also loved
the story of Destiny's Edge including seeing Snaff in it.

Piecake

Did Sorrow's Embrace in about an hour and a half with the same team minus one person (one of the guardians) however someone else came and he was also a Guardian and a very good one at that.

The entire team was awesome and we only wiped once against
the second of Kudos Golem. We are a bit uncoordinated against the Iron Forgemen but we new what to do and was able to finish without wiping relatively easily.

Probably one of the best dungeons outside of a little high health pool wise in one or two battles. Also loved
the story of Destiny's Edge including seeing Snaff in it.

Looks like we were on the same run! Quicks here. And yea, i really liked the dungeon besidesthat one boss (too much health), and thats pretty much the reason why im thankful that i dont have to grind that dungeon. That boss simply takes WAYY too long

Though do they even have the same bosses on explore, or is it compleltely different?

Crafting is the best source of endgame gear. You can get the exact stats you want (that the game allows anyway) with less farming than karma/dungeon sets. Though sometimes you may want a piece or two of karma gear because some pieces have slightly different stat combinations than "normal."
Thank you kindly, been wondering about this since I hit 80. Also good to know my crafting efforts might actually pay off.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Some say the Cultural Tier 3 is pretty bad, stats wise - Is that true?

Right now that's my only carrot for levelling, that going down the drain would be ... :(

The stats are awful. Why would you be trying to get Cultural Tier 3? There are PLENTY of sets that are better, and a more fun grind to get.

Stuart444

Looks like we were on the same run! Quicks here. And yea, i really liked the dungeon besidesthat one boss (too much health), and thats pretty much the reason why im thankful that i dont have to grind that dungeon. That boss simply takes WAYY too long

Though do they even have the same bosses on explore, or is it compleltely different?

Doubt we were on the same run lol. But we must have done very very similar runs (I'm not on the Gaf server or anything. I'm on HoD) which is rather funny XD.

Different bosses on explorable since explorable mode takes place after story mode

thetrin

He said for the appearance.

But the dungeon sets are fucking baller. Almost all of them look better. The one exception being the Heavy SE set. That makes you look like medieval C3PO.

(He said stats wise in the post I replied, which is why I asked)

Piecake

Doubt we were on the same run lol. But we must have done very very similar runs (I'm not on the Gaf server or anything. I'm on HoD) which is rather funny XD.

Different bosses on explorable since explorable mode takes place after story mode

weird, we had the exact same experience then

Ken

But the dungeon sets are fucking baller. Almost all of them look better. The one exception being the Heavy SE set. That makes you look like medieval C3PO.

(He said stats wise in the post I replied, which is why I asked)

Oh, well my eyes are too tired from throwing boulders at the lovers in AC.

Sethos

Banned
The stats are awful. Why would you be trying to get Cultural Tier 3? There are PLENTY of sets that are better, and a more fun grind to get.

Show me one set that looks better than Norn's heavy stag armour. Inky is even using it as an avatar because it's so damn awesome.

That's why.

Ferga

Holy shit just saw the twilight and sunrise legendary greatswords on youtube.

God dayum, they look fine as hell. Putting that up on my priority list.

Must forge a legendary great sword

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hit level 34. Need to do AC story...or not, I really don't care. More Eir is a good thing though.

I sill remain amazed that so many people in the guild are 80 but whatever.

thetrin

Show me one set that looks better than Norn's heavy stag armour. Inky is even using it as an avatar because it's so damn awesome.

That's why.

Orrian Heavy, Nightmare Court Heavy, and Flame Legion are all right up there. There's no question that the Norn Cultural is really awesome, but the dungeon sets are really good, and the stats are far better.

Xhorder

Damn why do I only have my mac right now...

Thinking of downloading windows 8 and using bootcamp...

I've tried Windows 8 with bootcamp, but I don't have any sound. Which sucks, since it's the only way the game works on my mac. All the Wine emulation is still not working properly and only just barely playable. Luckily I have this desktop PC that runs it fine, but yeah, my Mac is portable and I would like to use it. I'm hoping for a dedicated Mac version...

zon

That SweetFX Injector looks awesome. Show us how!

Lvl 68 and climbing... I've only been to AC dungeon and I have barely touched crafting. I feel like I could've done things differently and I would've been 80 already. But it seems like I need a lot of money to be able to max out crafting and I've only just now gotten to 3-4G since I bought the last skill book.

All you who are 80 here on GAF already, did you do a lot of crafting to get there?

I've tried Windows 8 with bootcamp, but I don't have any sound. Which sucks, since it's the only way the game works on my mac. All the Wine emulation is still not working properly and only just barely playable. Luckily I have this desktop PC that runs it fine, but yeah, my Mac is portable and I would like to use it. I'm hoping for a dedicated Mac version...

Have you tried installing some realtek drivers in your bootcamp installation? Apple Bootcamp drivers are known for being ancient and terrible.

Sethos

Banned
Orrian Heavy, Nightmare Court Heavy, and Flame Legion are all right up there. There's no question that the Norn Cultural is really awesome, but the dungeon sets are really good, and the stats are far better.

The one one that comes close is Orian Heavy but I'd still take the Stag any. day. of. the. week. So I'm definitely buying that and using it as a transmute set.

What is the significance of a star and how does one go about pertaining it?

Getting every Heart, Vista, Point of Interest, Waypoint, and Skill Point in Tyria's overworld and the 4 WvW zones (and the Chantry of Secrets POI as well). It got me two legendary weapon ingredients that don't fit any known formulas so far (maybe for future legendary weapons then?) and a star next to my name.

thetrin

The one one that comes close is Orian Heavy but I'd still take the Stag any. day. of. the. week. So I'm definitely buying that and using it as a transmute set.

Fair enough. To each their own! After all, that's why transmutation stones exist.

Personally, I'm going to be getting dungeon gear. I know Flame Legion has a heavy set with Power/VIT/Condition DMG, but I need to investigate more and see which other dungeon sets have those three stats together.

Sethos

Banned
On another note, made a support case about possibly flagging my name for a change, batting my puppy eyes and hoping they'd be nice like GMs usually are - No luck.

Now I need to round up some people to report my name :p

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Getting every Heart, Vista, Point of Interest, Waypoint, and Skill Point in Tyria's overworld and the 4 WvW zones (and the Chantry of Secrets POI as well). It got me two legendary weapon ingredients that don't fit any known formulas so far (maybe for future legendary weapons then?) and a star next to my name.

Oh wow

I want that star now haha

thetrin

On another note, made a support case about possibly flagging my name for a change, batting my puppy eyes and hoping they'd be nice like GMs usually are - No luck.

Now I need to round up some people to report my name :p

I'm surprised name changes for gems aren't in the game yet.

Sethos

Banned
I'm surprised name changes for gems aren't in the game yet.

Yeah, I find that quite puzzling as well.

Would have been a decent income source as I'm sure a lot of people are looking to change their name; people who weren't aware of you could use several words, people who couldn't decide because everything they tend to use was taken and just picked something.

Dmax3901

I was going to hold off doing that so I wouldn't spoil the zones for any alts I made... but a star?

Now I have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom