• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Two identical green hammers dropped for me in a row/at same time (was killing mobs in a group and just hitting F to autoloot).

Called Mighty Hammer of Grawl Slaying.

Bug or somehow extremely lucky?

Oh well, it's my first green drop anyway :D

Ferrio

Banned
Audίoboxer;41951146 said:
Two identical green hammers dropped for me in a row/at same time (was killing mobs in a group and just hitting F to autoloot).

Called Mighty Hammer of Grawl Slaying.

Bug or somehow extremely lucky?

Oh well, it's my first green drop anyway :D

Just coincidence, I've gotton two of the exact same item before.

kairotic

Neo Member
Every zone I enter I finish 100% before I leave, ughhh OCD.

My wife and I are the same way. Honestly though I really enjoy it. I never feel like 100% is a waste of time... Most vista/POIs I find without even trying. Plus, I'm not dying to get to lvl 80.

I am in love with this game...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Every zone I enter I finish 100% before I leave, ughhh OCD.

Same here, except for Iron Marches. Because fuck the Iron Marches and all of its broken events and quests.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So weird about Iron Marches. I did like 3 hearts and a few events, liked the look of it and then bailed for the time being. Had no idea it was so full o' bugs.

squall211

So hard to 100% some zones post 50. I've run into so many bugged events that make getting the skill points/poi/hearts a chore if not impossible.

I think it just depends on the zone and maybe what class you play.

My only toon is a lvl 76 necromancer, and I've played solo 99.9% of the time. The only real challenge I had was on the Firerise(?) map. There's one skill point that you pretty much need at the very least one other person simply because of the number of mobs around. Other than that, I'm pretty sure I was able to discover every other mark on the map completely by myself.

TDLink

Iron Marches isn't the only bugged zone. Timberline Falls has multiple broken events and one broken heart that took doing something completely different to complete. I have also encountered some issues in Bloodtide Coast, Sparkfly Fen, and Mount Maelstrom. I am sure many other zones have bugged stuff too...it's really quite a big issue.

Hoo-doo

Banned
That trailer is so odd. The last 10 seconds are the great part, why didn't they just do more of that? tsk tsk.

All their marketing and pre-release video's they did were pristine. All dripping with amazing art, fantastic music and gameplay at the core.

But this is what they came up with for a TV commercial? Talk about an outlier.

The fuck happened, Arenanet?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
All their marketing and pre-release video's they did were pristine. All dripping with amazing art, fantastic music and gameplay at the core.

But this is what they came up with for a TV commercial? Talk about an outlier.

The fuck happened, Arenanet?

When you're good at game design, you gotta be bad at something, right? lol

Ashodin

I also thought it was weird. I got the point that people are entering the game to do something awesome, but they came across it like... I dunno. Something weird.

I loved the end though. Spoilers!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hit 80 last night.

K7eMF.jpg

Some decent cheap karma gear from Orr, and I'm well on my way to glory.

I also thought it was weird. I got the point that people are entering the game to do something awesome, but they came across it like... I dunno. Something weird.

I loved the end though. Spoilers!

Kinda reminded me of the MK trailer from way back where they're all shouting Mortal Kombat in the streets.

Except not as good.

End of the trailer was good though! (spoilers yo)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How does the Temple gear compare in stats to dungeon gear? I can see myself doing more events and running dungeons, so I'm just curious.

Anyone know if there's a temple set that is Power/VIT/Condition DMG?

I can't really log in and go to Arah to find out at the moment.

Ferrio

Banned
Audίoboxer;41952918 said:
Good ways of earning money?

My friend said he loaded up on MF, went to the lvl 80 zone and just did events. Said he made 5 g in a couple days.

Wonder when hey're going to turn on 2 week matches. I'm always realllly hesitant to purchase seige weapons in WvW knowing that any help I offer is obliterated in less than 24hours.

thetrin

There are enough skill points to unlock all of the slot skills correct?

Skill points are not a finite resource. Once you hit 80, every "level up" you get earns you 1 skill point, and you can keep doing that forever.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My friend said he loaded up on MF, went to the lvl 80 zone and just did events. Said he made 5 g in a couple days.

Ding ding ding. MF gear+Food, sell exotics on TP and greens to vendors. Mine Orchalium ore and sell each ore for 4s each, easy 12 silver per node. The part that sucks is that you have to actually fight the mobs in Orr, every single one of which either pulls, fears, dazes, stuns, etc etc. Either that or just do lots of WvW.

inky

How does the Temple gear compare in stats to dungeon gear? I can see myself doing more events and running dungeons, so I'm just curious.

They have the same base stats. Crafted gear does too. Each temple has a specific rune so you have to go to a specific temple to get the rune you want, like Melandru temple for rune of Melnadru and so on (or buy it in TP), while dungeon gear has different runes and there are all available at once from the same place.

I can second this, not even a couple of days- You get a lot of drops just from chaining events. I've got more yellows from doing this than from having MF boost and doing dungeons for example. Also, you are better off selling your stuff in the weekend, people seem to spend more gold then (though it can mean there's more available items too).

Xavien

There are enough skill points to unlock all of the slot skills correct?

Reached lvl 80 was still getting skillpoints from "levelling up" again and again, bought all skills and i have 24 skillpoints left over.

Put this in perspective, i've only got 50% of the worlds skillpoints so far, you'll never run out of them ever.

Though i read that legendary weapons need 200 skillpoints to craft them so theres that i suppose :p

Sethos

Banned
Ding ding ding. MF gear+Food, sell exotics on TP and greens to vendors. Mine Orchalium ore and sell each ore for 4s each, easy 12 silver per node. The part that sucks is that you have to actually fight the mobs in Orr, every single one of which either pulls, fears, dazes, stuns, etc etc. Either that or just do lots of WvW.

Sounds like every damn mob after level 40.

Sethos

Banned
I dunno, I haven't had any trouble just running past mobs from 40-60 and I don't even have any speed boosts as warrior except for the melee weapons trait, they leash pretty quickly

Lucky you. Every time I run past anything I get chained ( Frozen in place ), start limping for a fucking fortnight or get knocked down ALL. THE. TIME. It's so annoying.

Pancakes

Sounds like every damn mob after level 40.

The difference is that in Orr, there are mobs everywhere. Like literally even the towns and bases aren't 100% safe because of all the events happening. Sometimes you think you can run past a mob in Orr only for them to pull you back into a pack of 3 angry zombies. It's really frustrating.

Sethos

Banned
The difference is that in Orr, there are mobs everywhere. Like literally even the towns and bases aren't 100% safe because of all the events happening. Sometimes you think you can run past a mob in Orr only for them to pull you back into a pack of 3 angry zombies. It's really frustrating.

Sounds awful. I'm already frustrated enough as it is.

"They have the same base stats. Crafted gear does too. Each temple has a specific rune so you have to go to a specific temple to get the rune you want (or buy in TP), while dungeon gear has different runes and there are several available in the same place."

They have the same *amount* of base stats, but actually the Orr Temple gear have a lot of pieces that have unique distribution of them. For example, some of the Orr stuff has Precision, Vitality, and Healing power. This mix isn't available anywhere else to my knowledge.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That trailer seriously blows my mind with its abject, bizarre awfulness. Their marketing department had been hitting nothing but strikes up until now, I wonder what the deal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom