• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

The "I feel powerful" part of the game comes from being skilled enough to really fuck over anything you come across. The challenge is taking on veterans with multiple enemies. See how many you can stack on you before you die.

The "I feel powerful" part of the game comes from being skilled enough to really fuck over anything you come across. The challenge is taking on veterans with multiple enemies. See how many you can stack on you before you die.

Agree 100%, each class plays differently and when you figure out what works best for it, every class can feel powerful. As a necro, nothing beats gathering a bunch of regular and veterans and taking them out with 2 dps/condition wells, and well of power, well of healing and everything else in your arsenal save for your elite. Only time I have trouble fighting mobs is when I have to fight them 1 at a time and my utility skills are all on cd, then its kiting time haha. Also as a necro you don't even have to use pets if you don't want to, I never do unless its to fight dragons or used to distract mobs when i just want to grab a gatherable or something

MajorPain

I really need to quit reading this thread the more i read the more i want. I just have no time right now with so many sequels on the horizon.

Artanisix

Hnnnggg finding groups for AC Explore is so difficult, almost always only fresh 30s looking for Story Mode, and no one likes the armor set from AC Exp so no one wants to run it.

Audioboxer

How are Necro and Thief holding up in PVE since launch? Going to roll one to keep my warrior company and my gameplay experiences fresh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really need to quit reading this thread the more i read the more i want. I just have no time right now with so many sequels on the horizon.

Play guild wars now, save money by not having time to play said sequels. Get at discounted prices when you have time later. Profit?

Trey

Dude playing Elementalist: stop playing Elementalist and pick a different class. The first class I played in beta was Elementalist and I almost ended up writing off the game because of it. It soured my entire experience. I switched to a Warrior for live and I could not be happier with the game.

You gotta work hard against 2+ mobs, but it's worth it. Not for the faint of heart, definitely. And your ass will be down often in dungeons on your first time through. But once you learn the game and your enemies, you will be destructive.

Izayoi

Banned
To the dude that stopped playing an Elementalist and started playing a Warrior: Stop playing your Warrior and play your Elemenalist.
I wasn't telling him to play Warrior, merely suggesting that he change his class and try something else. I find the Elementalist to be horrifically boring. Pull everything in range, kite, spam spells, everything dies. Zzzzz. Melee, especially when fighting bosses, is far more entertaining.

KingKong

fff, I really shouldnt have salvaged/crafted so much, I'm still 50s shy of the level 60 trait book at level 61 :< It doesnt help that waypoints cost almost as much as hearts right now

Spookie

I wasn't telling him to play Warrior, merely suggesting that he change his class and try something else. I find the Elementalist to be horrifically boring.

Got mine to 80 and regret rolling one. Horribly boring class. Do four times the work to pull of what most classes can do with 5 skills.

Aud&#943;oboxer;41957757 said:
How are Necro and Thief holding up in PVE since launch? Going to roll one to keep my warrior company and my gameplay experiences fresh.

Enjoying the necro. Might be an idea to play one as it would break up the face bashing you're currently doing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wasn't telling him to play Warrior, merely suggesting that he change his class and try something else. I find the Elementalist to be horrifically boring. Pull everything in range, kite, spam spells, everything dies. Zzzzz. Melee, especially when fighting bosses, is far more entertaining.

Strange my friend pulls a bunch of mobs proceeds to pull out either a giant fucking thunder hammer or fire sword and destroys them all in mere seconds. No kiting at all

Funniest thing in the game is the Fire Great sword 1st attack with the mesmers haste aoe

Stuart444

And your ass will be down often in dungeons on your first time through.

Not always, if you know the profession well enough then you will most likely be down less than some other professions. Even if it's your first time through the dungeon.

Also to the person above: Spamming sells won't get you that far later on. Knowing when to use what spells will. Be it some CC (Frozen Ground, Static Field, Earthquake), Healing (Geyser, Healing Rain, Water Trident) or some damage (Most spells even ones that are CC and healing)

But hey, I just enjoy playing my Elementilist so maybe it's just me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Others will disagree, but Necro is just OK. There's a good number of skills not functioning exactly as intended that make some build choices a bit unviable. If you have a small group to run with, Necro is a LOT of fun, though. Solo is still viable, but you'll have to work at it a little bit.

Audioboxer

Enjoying the necro. Might be an idea to play one as it would break up the face bashing you're currently doing.

Yeah I think so. As much as I love the warrior weapon diversity, I'm needing some different mechanics. I'm a sucker for a bit of flash, and outside of going an elementalist it seems the necro has the next best graphical touches.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Has anyone here tried Necro in PVP? If so, please share your experience.

I PvP'd on my Necro a bit (WvWvW, 16, and tourney). I found it less than enjoyable since we don't have much burst. When I WASN'T the target of our team fights, it was pretty cool because you could see their health slowly depleting (conditionmancer), but it was still aggravating when they cleansed all conditions and I was back to flicking stones until CD's for condition damage were up. It's an interesting class that is DEFINITELY a support role. If you have a good team build, a smart Necro will do some crazy things.

pyrandes

lol

Speaking of, does dying of fall damage reset your monthly XP without death achievement? I haven't been too keen to test it.
I think any sort of death will reset it. However, that xp comes a lot easier once you get to level 30+ (2.5 levels roughly to get the 100k).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hnnnggg finding groups for AC Explore is so difficult, almost always only fresh 30s looking for Story Mode, and no one likes the armor set from AC Exp so no one wants to run it.
I need the chest piece. I'm there anytime :p

edit: Oh, different server. :(

Sethos

Banned
Aud&#943;oboxer;41958195 said:
Yeah I think so. As much as I love the warrior weapon diversity, I'm needing some different mechanics. I'm a sucker for a bit of flash, and outside of going an elementalist it seems the necro has the next best graphical touches.

lol are you changing again

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of, does dying of fall damage reset your monthly XP without death achievement? I haven't been too keen to test it.

You'll get your monthly like WOAH once you hit the high level zones. I hit my monthly the first time via crafting. When they did the reset a few days ago (since they forgot to on the 1st?), I hit it again in like, an hour in Orr.

Xiaoki

For Thief it depends on what weapons you take.

For melee sword is good but daggers are better.

For range pistols are good but short bow is better.

On my Thief I wreck everything's day with short bow. Cluster Bomb is awesome.

Jack_AG

Banned
So how many of you speak with an NPC to start an event only to have it be a one-off halfway across the zone? Sucks when you don't have a close waypoint to it and the "boss" is down to 5% health when you actually make it over there - boom bronze.

FFS ANet needs to straighten out some of those locations between the NPC who starts the event and where that event is. They don't have to be right next to one another - but damn. Especially shit when a waypoint becomes contested due to an event. Even with swiftness some events are just idiotically too far away from where they are activated. That shit grinds my gears!

Ferrio

Banned
If only medium armour looked as good as light, then I could ditch my ele and stick with my ranger.

Pfft, haven't seen my thief then!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41943610&postcount=17038

Too bad can't disable helm/shoulders on start up screen.

For Thief it depends on what weapons you take.

For melee sword is good but daggers are better.

For range pistols are good but short bow is better.

On my Thief I wreck everything's day with short bow. Cluster Bomb is awesome.

Shortbow is horrible, Only time it's decent is during keep seiges.

So how many of you speak with an NPC to start an event only to have it be a one-off halfway across the zone? Sucks when you don't have a close waypoint to it and the "boss" is down to 5% health when you actually make it over there - boom bronze.

FFS ANet needs to straighten out some of those locations between the NPC who starts the event and where that event is. They don't have to be right next to one another - but damn. Especially shit when a waypoint becomes contested due to an event. Even with swiftness some events are just idiotically too far away from where they are activated. That shit grinds my gears!

That npc doesn't start the event. I think they're just random npcs that alert you to events that may be happening.

Sethos

Banned
My friend I'm playing with was browsing around for shits and giggles and stumbled on this

ibre8SBnbgBuLm.png

Now I ask, isn't that close to the same rate you are getting with gem conversion in the first place? These Chinamen are crazy.

2 Gold for $10... LOOOOOOOOOOOL

What's funnier is how much you get for actually exchanging gems. It's pathetic. I had 200 gems left over after buying my bank and inventory space but I'm just going to save it and buy more gems with in-game currency to get space for my alts instead. I think the 200 gems I had amounted to something like 36 silver last time I checked. :|

Ferrio

Banned
Well partying in the AC exp did give me some renewed hope for my ranger to be hot. But it's no dress and heeled boots.

dont judge me

Oh you want a dress? Then you want nighmare medium armor.

TTrSj.png

Though that color scheme sucks. You can preview the armor at the dungeon set vendors in Lion's Arch. Whispers armor is also sorta dressy.

Sethos

Banned
So what decides the market rate for gem / gold conversion? What exactly makes it go up and down, does it have a default price that goes up and down based on how many players are exchanging or what?

Jack_AG

Banned
That npc doesn't start the event. I think they're just random npcs that alert you to events that may be happening.
Nope. Did the same event 3 times to test it out to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Talking to NPCs does start events (not all, off) - which is why its important to talk to them if you don't see DEs much where you are.

Ferrio

Banned
Nope. Did the same event 3 times to test it out to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Talking to NPCs does start events (not all, off) - which is why its important to talk to them if you don't see DEs much where you are.

Well I've had npcs come yelling at me for events that were already started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom