• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
AA8A6EA4DFDF53F100B260483EA6D3942900475A

T2 cultural gear + T1 chest... I really need to upgrade! 80's right around the corner...

etiolate

Banned
Boo.

Thanks to the changes to F to Interact prioritizing, I can no longer troll people at treasure chests by dropping portals on top of the chests.

Heysoos

I gotta say, I'm not digging how the story's difficulty can be stupid hard at times, and super easy at others. Doesn't feel consistent at all.

A bunch of enemies spawn, then a cut scene happens and a "boss" enemy comes out. As soon the cut scene ends, all my allies are dead from seemingly nothing, I get swarmed and die in a second. Trahearne does nothing.

So, what am I supposed to do? Keep going in, taking some out, dying and repeating? The fuck.

Also, you might as well rename My Story to
Trahearne
's story.

Priory part of Battle for Lion's Arch is so great.
I felt like such a badass being an avatar of Balthazar. It was like getting an elementalist's greatsword elite but better.

Is the Gaf guild casual? Would like some people to chat with as I solo. Name is Nawkers.
NO WERE ARE HARDCORE YOU MUST FARM ALL THE THINGS AND PLAY WVWVW 24/7.
Yeah, we're chill.

I'm level 45

Getting kinda bored of GW2 now, anyone else?

I understand I've only explored like a tenth of the world map, but eh, it's gotten into that typical MMORPG funk of repeating the same shit

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm level 45

I understand I've only explored like a tenth of the world map, but eh, it's gotten into that typical MMORPG funk of repeating the same shit

The thing about MMOs is that scope has a lot to do with fatigue.

Emitan

I gotta say, I'm not digging how the story's difficulty can be stupid hard at times, and super easy at others. Doesn't feel consistent at all.

A bunch of enemies spawn, then a cut scene happens and a "boss" enemy comes out. As soon the cut scene ends, all my allies are dead from seemingly nothing, I get swarmed and die in a second. Trahearne does nothing.

So, what am I supposed to do? Keep going in, taking some out, dying and repeating? The fuck.

Also, you might as well rename My Story to
Trahearne
's story.

Sort of comforting it's not just me having major issues with the story. Sometimes on the hard ones I can pull just one guy at a time and fight one on one.

scosher

I'm annoyed that Elementalists get so many spells. I wish other classes had that much variety.

I feel the natural progression for this game in expansions will be to expand the number of weapon skills every class gets, but still limiting you to 3 skills for MH, and 2 for OH (or 5 for 2H'er). That way, there's more skills to try out and even more choice in builds.

In fact, I'd say that should've already been in the game and we'd unlock these new weapon skills from 50-80, to keep giving us that carrot to work toward.

Artanisix

I feel the natural progression for this game in expansions will be to expand the number of weapon skills every class gets, but still limiting you to 3 skills for MH, and 2 for OH (or 5 for 2H'er). That way, there's more skills to try out and even more choice in builds.

In fact, I'd say that should've already been in the game and we'd unlock these new weapon skills from 50-80, to keep giving us that carrot to work toward.

I would *love* that. As much as I enjoy sword and board + greatsword with my Warrior, I would love to have more skills to choose from and play around with.

weird... how do you effectively pve with a ele? I tried a bunch of combos and w/e, and while d/d seems to be the most effective, it's quite squishy. All range combos I've tried just involves me to kite around slowly chipping away at mob(s) health.

Loginius

I love the lvl55 (and 60) crafted light armor:

ioel3H1LQY8O3.png

Finally got rid of the "goat-skull" which was the best gear untill now imo.

weird... how do you effectively pve with a ele? I tried a bunch of combos and w/e, and while d/d seems to be the most effective, it's quite squishy. All range combos I've tried just involves me to kite around slowly chipping away at mob(s) health.

staff for a lot of cc and aoe-damage (should be simple, hold your distance, cc, bomb away) or double daggers (very high damage, use the mobility and cc spells in a way that you avoid most damage)
Thats the way I play my ele, daggers for few enemys or soloing champions/vetereans and staff for big groups or zergs.

Utility skills like stone armor and arcane shield help a lot to migrate damage.

I love the lvl55 (and 60) crafted light armor:

ioel3H1LQY8O3.png

Finally got rid of the "goat-skull" which was the best gear untill now imo.

staff for a lot of cc and aoe-damage (should be simple, hold your distance, cc, bomb away) or double daggers (very high damage, use the mobility and cc spells in a way that you avoid most damage)
Thats the way I play my ele, daggers for few enemys or soloing champions/vetereans and staff for big groups or zergs.

Utility skills like stone armor and arcane shield help a lot to migrate damage.

So staff is mostly cc with earth (and air? don't recall) and fire for AoE. hmmmm.... I guess i'll poke around some more. How's ele at higher lvls? Still fun?

So staff is mostly cc with earth (and air? don't recall) and fire for AoE. hmmmm.... I guess i'll poke around some more. How's ele at higher lvls? Still fun?
Staff involves CC with earth and fire. Air and water are more support oriented.

When I have fewer (or tougher) enemies to deal with, I tend use scepter/dagger. The scepter allows me some range while the dagger has some really good defensive skills that mean I don't need to constantly strafe around chipping at enemies. The Air Dagger 4/5 skill combo is great and has been since BWE1. AoE some enemies at melee, then whirlwind to interrupt and put distance between you.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm level 45

I haven't played it in 2 days, after playing it for over 60 hours in 10 days since launch.

Level 50 does appear to be around the point when people get tired with the "formula". WvWvW being a seemingly pointless zerg-fest is contributing to this. There doesn't appear to be enough depth and individual contribution to keep me interested.

Maybe when the servers thin out a bit after the launch period ends, the game might be more interesting. Doing Global Events with less people makes them more challenging and more interesting, as you can't just keep wailing away at the Big Baddie and expect to survive whilst someone else tanks the damage accidentally.

"just so weird that ele can't swap weapon sets... and why are the elemental swapping cooldown so long? Should be like 5 secs :p"

...Because they're essentially like swapping weapon sets which has a similar length cooldown. In fact, it's even better than normal because you have 4 instead of 2.

KingKong

Man Sparkly Fen is just dead, Ive seen maybe 20 players total in an hour of running around the zone. Im on Maguuma which is either High or Full population

Lingitiz

Man Sparkly Fen is just dead, Ive seen maybe 20 players total in an hour of running around the zone. Im on Maguuma which is either High or Full population

Most people tend to flock around the dragon spawning point and defending the small outposts, but yeah i've had to solo a few events.

Loginius

The staff has a aoe in water that slows (freezes) one in air that stuns everytime the enemy touches its border, one in earth that cripples, a knockback in air (use this in combination with the stun field for max effectiveness), a immobilisation in earth and a blind in air (which has a casttime but also does damage)
You also have 2 big aoe heals in water, aoe swiftness from air a projectile shield from earth and a "burning" retreat from fire.

The rest of the abbilitys is mainly for damage, there really isnt one that I dont use.

If you want to play it safe staff is the way to go.
If you want to do immense damage use daggers (not recommended for zergs and big groups of enemys)

Put some points in the "arcane" trait tree for faster attunement swaping.

etiolate

Banned
I'm level 45

Move around I guess. I found a heart which was basically a stealth mini-game. It was something fresh and challenging. I never completed the whole stealth course, but it was interesting to see different things like that thrown in a 40-50 zone.

I can normally mix it up. Dungeons, Story Quests, Jumping Puzzles, DEs, Exploration, WvWvW, sPVP, and crafting. When I get tired of one thing, I just head somewhere new or do one of the other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom