• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Asura and Sylvari share Brisban Wildlands, while the other races have a 15-25 zone apiece.

I love it there, so I don't really mind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh. But aren't they also right next to Kessex Hills?

It's all shared, isn't it?
Of course, in this case the two races' starting areas just happen to both connect to that zone rather than each connecting to a different one. it's almost like a "lore" complaint. Kessex Hills is a "human" area, Snowden Drifts Norn, Diessa Plateau Charr, and Brisban Wildlands

Deitus

Of course, in this case the two races' starting areas just happen to both connect to that zone rather than each connecting to a different one. it's almost like a "lore" complaint. Kessex Hills is a "human" area, Snowden Drifts Norn, Diessa Plateau Charr, and Brisban Wildlands

Well, my Sylvari personal story took me to Kessex Hills, and never even touched Brisban Wildlands (though I did 100% the zone anyway), so if anything Sylvari and Humans share Kessex Hills.

Edit: My memory's bad. I think one or two personal story quests were in Brisban. But I also went to Kessex after that for a few missions.

docbon

So reddit has found an ingenious way to level artificer WITHOUT using Fine materials. I leveled artificer from 200-400 today (cost ~1gold after selling my wares)

I posted this in guild chat and I believe another guild mate was able to go from 1-400 today
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zpgrn/artificing_leveling_tip/

Enjoy :D and buy those Dust, Carrots and Sage quickly before they jump in price haha

Went from 0 to 400 artificing within the span of an hour with this guide. Sage prices are soaring at the moment, though.

Hey guys I screwed up the message box in the bottom left hand corner, cant see chat, anyway to put to default or what was is default, I can just add correct?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Random fun

Possible expansion? Asking about entrance to the Crystal Desert.

dpAt1.jpg

5nV2y.jpg

moO8n.jpg

1CFO7.jpg

RnAxf.jpg

Today my guild 3 man the first boss in Arah, and was killing the second boss had him down to 40%, when he 1 hit kill our warrior, 20k in one hit, tried to get him up when he was down but the boss just destroyed him for a game with no trinity system that's some fucked up balance, him dying fuck up every thing, because he was able to feed on the grubs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did you just complain about balance while attempting to do the hardest dungeon in the game with three out of five players?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Woah that is super awesome, thanks! Now I know not to waste my time with Norn female cultural rank 1...

Question about the dungeon sets, can you pick and choose to buy any of them with dungeon tokens or do you have to do certain things to get certain sets?

Thanks

Each dungeon set is tied to a dungeon, as the tokens required to buy the sets only drop in the explorable version of that dungeon.

So if you want Flame Legion, you have to buy with tokens that drop in Citadel of Flame.

Anyone have any good builds/opinions on tanking with a guardian? I'm still a fairly low level, but wanted to spec into it asap. What traits/skills are crucial and which are useless? I'd wanna tank in both pvp/pve.

KingKong

Fireheart Rise is an awesome looking zone. I love the oily water and the focus on fire enemies (although they aggro so much) It's too bad there's like no one there and a bunch of events seem to be broken :(

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is there a site or maybe even in game thing that shows how the servers pair against each other in WvW? I want to see how our server, Stormbluff, is doing in WvW. I don't care if we're the top of the top, and I know we're not that, but I would like to see what our actual ranking is (I think we're near the top, if I'm not mistaken).

Also, is the Abyss dye really that rare? I got it a day ago and used it but I saw it going for 4 gold on the auction house. 0.o

Kingbrave

Is there a site or maybe even in game thing that shows how the servers pair against each other in WvW? I want to see how our server, Stormbluff, is doing in WvW. I don't care if we're the top of the top, and I know we're not that, but I would like to see what our actual ranking is (I think we're near the top, if I'm not mistaken).

Also, is the Abyss dye really that rare? I got it a day ago and used it but I saw it going for 4 gold on the auction house. 0.o

Press b

Shrennin

I meant totally - like from all the WvW events put together so far against all pairings. Not just the match going on currently.

For instance, if a server has won all of its matches then it would be #1 on this list.

Unless this is in the WvW menu and I just didn't see it.

Deitus

What do the sun icons underneath the world names in the WvW panel (when you press B) mean?

Those are Orbs of Power.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orb_of_Power

Basically, every borderlands has one Orb of Power that starts in possession of the defending team of that borderlands (i.e. we start with the Orb in Stormbluff borderlands). For each Orb your server possesses, the entire server gets a stat bonus in WvW (across all maps), with a maximum bonus of +15% health and +150 to all stats for holding all three Orbs of Power. Obviously they are pretty important to hold and capture.

Shrennin

Black is popular. Really popular. So everyone wants it and it's a rare drop. This was the case in GW1 too.

Yeah, I guess I just didn't expect Abyss to be more popular (or worth more) than black. You could theoretically sell the Abyss dye for 4g and get the Black dye for 2g.

Shrennin

Black is dark.

Abyss is darker.

Yeah, I know. I was just really surprised because I didn't even know that Abyss existed. I guess the darkest color (even if it's not black) will always be the most valuable. I just assumed black was popular because it was black, not necessarily because it was a dark color.

Timberline Falls + SweetFX = mmm

Those pictures look like a painting. I really gotta explore Timberline Falls, but I know it's not going to look as good as those pictures. Q_Q

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Final dungeon/personal story spoilers

Wow that was a let down...seriously, who designed that last fight and actually thought it was epic and enjoyable?

This is the entire fight, that's it. You press 2 until he dies..what the fuck?

http://i.imgur.com/FvMKz.jpg

The helm is garbage as usual for dungeons but at least the xp is good.

http://i.imgur.com/7nIqA.jpg

The ending itself just felt somewhat empty and anti-climatic. I hope that ArenaNet will improve on the dungeon and story mission design in the next expansion back because it's pretty disappointing here. Traherene basically takes over what is supposed to be your "personal" story and it becomes all about him. I think having the Desiny's Edge dungeon mission type structure as actual quests instead of group dungeons would have been more enjoyable but that's just me.

http://i.imgur.com/9m6Up.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Today my guild 3 man the first boss in Arah, and was killing the second boss had him down to 40%, when he 1 hit kill our warrior, 20k in one hit, tried to get him up when he was down but the boss just destroyed him for a game with no trinity system that's some fucked up balance, him dying fuck up every thing, because he was able to feed on the grubs.

9-picard-facepalm.jpg

Going into a dungeon with 3 people does not exactly seem like the smartest thing to do...

Someone did a thing with the servers here: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/61872-server-ranks-na/
Hedge is on a tier of their own (of course) with Stormbluff ranked below. Keep in mind it might be some Pachter-esque analysis here so YMMV.

Just learned the hard way that the cow catapult betting event in the Diessa Plateau is A TRAP.
YES! I thought you needed to bet to progress the event, didn't read the italic text at the top until I had lost a gold to the bastard. I mean, 50 silver a shot? Seriously?

Final dungeon/personal story spoilers

Wow that was a let down...seriously, who designed that last fight and actually thought it was epic and enjoyable?

This is the entire fight, that's it. You press 2 until he dies..what the fuck?

http://i.imgur.com/FvMKz.jpg

The helm is garbage as usual for dungeons but at least the xp is good.

http://i.imgur.com/7nIqA.jpg

The ending itself just felt somewhat empty and anti-climatic. I hope that ArenaNet will improve on the dungeon and story mission design in the next expansion back because it's pretty disappointing here. Traherene basically takes over what is supposed to be your "personal" story and it becomes all about him. I think having the Desiny's Edge dungeon mission type structure as actual quests instead of group dungeons would have been more enjoyable but that's just me.

http://i.imgur.com/9m6Up.jpg

Completely agree. Also, the bag of 'loot' was embarrassing...had to be a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom