• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQJAqel0piYn1ShF17ICIF1HgJSR+RZfewWPIEC

For the heal I use med kit. You say its a pain which leads me to believe you're trying to heal yourself the the actual droppable medkits primarily. I use the F1 skill as my main heal and the kits as my "oh shit I'm about to die let me drop these as I run away to get some breathing room." A nice thing with the med kit is that combined with the "Enhance Performance" trait you can get a permanent 6 stacks of might. You just to flip back and forth between med kit every ten seconds or so.

For the healing turret the best way to use it is to drop it and immediately pick it up again. This gives it the shortest cooldown of fifteen seconds.

Yea, thats how I use those two heals as well. I just find dropping med kits really clunky and the F1 heal too weak to actually heal me decently

"Right now im running a 30 power/20 precision/20 tool kit (eventually). I am damn squishy atm, but will stack vit and toughness on my gear once i hit 80. "

I go full glass cannon. Same build as you, but all power/precision/crit damage gear.

"Not really a huge fan of any of our heals, honetly. Elixir was probably my fav, but thats out the window now that im not specced into aclhmeny. med kit is just a pain, and healing turret doesnt do enough heals"

Healing turret actually has two heals. If you drop healing turret then immediately detonate it, you get an AOE heal combo. Healing turret also has condition removal.

Wait, it does? Do you mean the water field the tool belt skill creates and then you can possibly remove conditions with your gun or does acutally dropping the turret remove conditions? I didnt see that anywhere in the tooltip at all

I havent really tried blowing my turret up immediately. Usually I drop and pick it up immediately for the shorter CD

"Wait, it does? Do you mean the water field the tool belt skill creates and then you can possibly remove conditions with your gun or does acutally dropping the turret remove conditions? I didnt see that anywhere in the tooltip at all

I havent really tried blowing my turret up immediately. Usually I drop and pick it up immediately for the shorter CD"

Not the tool belt skill. After you drop the turret, it's replaced with an overcharge skill that AOE removes conditions.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
TA Story was a good time. Not so challenging for a good group, but I love the environment. Psyched to do explorable, but it's bugged along with AC. New build tonight!

I'm very much down for TA Explorable tomorrow. I need to start collecting tokens for my greatsword.

We should definitely do Sorrow's Embrace as well.

Ken

I'm very much down for TA Explorable tomorrow. I need to start collecting tokens for my greatsword.

We should definitely do Sorrow's Embrace as well.

I would like to join in on this adventure on my warrior. I want the TA armor. :x

Wow. Game refuses to load past the TA loading screen. ;_;

Piecake

"Wait, it does? Do you mean the water field the tool belt skill creates and then you can possibly remove conditions with your gun or does acutally dropping the turret remove conditions? I didnt see that anywhere in the tooltip at all

I havent really tried blowing my turret up immediately. Usually I drop and pick it up immediately for the shorter CD"

Not the tool belt skill. After you drop the turret, it's replaced with an overcharge skill that AOE removes conditions.

Wow, cant believe I never noticed that. Well, thats definitely useful since i was quite worried about conditions now that I am not specced into alchemy any more.

_woLf

Can anyone else not get into Diessa Plateau? Ever since the patch my character in that zone just refuses to load, I get stuck at the zone's loading screen for 5+ minutes. Alt + F4'd multiple times, doesn't fix.

Pakman

Can anyone else not get into Diessa Plateau? Ever since the patch my character in that zone just refuses to load, I get stuck at the zone's loading screen for 5+ minutes. Alt + F4'd multiple times, doesn't fix.

I'm having issues loading into Kessex Hills. Bleh, guess I'll go to bed with work at all.

Yuripaw

Banned

Me either...I was logging in, and my character is in Diessa Plateau, but it's hung up at the loading screen. Oh well, I gotta go to bed anyway, but I wanted to log in for a bit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
:<

Game was fine before this new biuld >.>

Can't get into Twilight Arbor, btw.

It really wasn't. All the dungeons were bugged in explorable except for CoF and CM.

Loginius

warriors look fun, but too many combinations scare me.

I'm one of the weirdos that like to be extremely efficient... and am a bit lazy and let other people do the theory crafting lol.

Am having a blast with d/d ele for now... still am quite squishy due to not having much traits atm.

If you still intend to go with the d/d build posted a few pages age I recommend using 10/10/10/30 for even longer boons, faster atunement swaping and Evasive Aura which casts churning earth (and other spells when atuned to something different than earth) on evade (10s cooldown) and therefore gives a lot of damage while no one can hit you (the constant vigor makes sure you can evande VERY often) .

Dina

Glad you guys are enjoying it. I know I am! It really does fix a lot of what makes the game seem visually boring to me otherwise (the ambient occlusion helps with the rest, though it sucks that it shows up through fog).

Here, have some screenies (some re-posts if you follow the high-res screenshot thread)

I've tried it, but it does make the game run significantly slower. I can manage the game fine in WvW and in capitals, but with that Injector it becomes a slideshow.

I don't get it, why does my mage look all sexy and cool while my other duders all look boring?

gw002.jpg

KuroNeeko

I don't get it, why does my mage look all sexy and cool while my other duders all look boring?

Man, Human and Norn females all have ridiculous racks. Not to mention, this character looks like she's oiled her chest up (while skipping the rest of her body.) Character still looks nice, I'm just sayin...

Dreavus

Went through CM explorable today, butler branch. The giant mobs of Bandits were tough in spots, but the final enemy of the encounter was pretty easy (seems to be the norm of explorable dungeons so far). We found out you could attack him with melee underwater weapons from underneath his little dock too, which was pretty funny.

Ken

Question before I decide to invest into working towards 400 in armorsmith:

What do I need to craft those level 80 exotic armor that's on the TP. Stuff with an upgrade slot and a rune usually? Will I need to find super rare drops from dungeons?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Went through CM explorable today, butler branch. The giant mobs of Bandits were tough in spots, but the final enemy of the encounter was pretty easy (seems to be the norm of explorable dungeons so far). We found out you could attack him with melee underwater weapons from underneath his little dock too, which was pretty funny.

Hitting him with my speargun when he was killed last time.

"What do I need to craft those level 80 exotic armor that's on the TP. Stuff with an upgrade slot and a rune usually? Will I need to find super rare drops from dungeons?"

Level 80 exotics generally require 5 ectoplasm, a bunch of ore/leather/cloth (depending on the profession), and 5 "fine" crafting materials (Powerful Blood, Ancient Bone, Powerful Venom Sac, etc.) and a few pieces of stuff you buy from the crafting vendor for a few silver for a bunch.

Runes are added separately. Nothing really required from dungeons.

This is real bizarre, the latest update actually broke my Charrs armour. His back is clipping through it in a real annoying way. When he is moving about the entire thing flickers and gets really big. I hope it is a fairly minor fix to do cos I really liked this suit otherwise and it would be a shame to have to switch.

Ken

"What do I need to craft those level 80 exotic armor that's on the TP. Stuff with an upgrade slot and a rune usually? Will I need to find super rare drops from dungeons?"

Level 80 exotics generally require 5 ectoplasm, a bunch of ore/leather/cloth (depending on the profession), and 5 "fine" crafting materials (Powerful Blood, Ancient Bone, Powerful Venom Sac, etc.) and a few pieces of stuff you buy from the crafting vendor for a few silver for a bunch.

Runes are added separately. Nothing really required from dungeons.

So everything I can just get off TP? Sounds like a good way to gear my warrior and guardian rather than paying 5g+ for a single piece.

Morokh

Yeah, my human females look really cute. I want to play other races for different starting stories but they all look so bleh.

well they had to compensate for human males looking boring as hell .. xD
But if you want to make a more rugged character, humans being male or female always have that weird look that doesn't fit. (Norn females also have that problem although the size and the more bulky body sizes can help)

I've really grown fond of the Sylvari lately, with the armors designs and body shapes that look like leaves, there really is some cool combinations you can do with their character creation.

Dina

Hoping that a restart would unbug some events in Staits and Malchor's, but no luck. Those skillpoints bugging out for everyone really sucks balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom