• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more iPad version for me anymore! ^_^ I bought a new video card today. nvidia GTX 560 ti, which is much better than what I had before, and this game looks beautiful for me now :)

Nice! I have the same card. I haven't had any issues FPS wise with mostly high settings which really surprised me. I'm only level 25 so the end game events may prove a challenge still.

I'm hoping on now if anyone wants to play. My character's name is Doublezee

SorchaR

Guardian is very melee focused. I run with a scepter/torch on switch for when I need ranged, though (and it does the job). You can build a Guardian as heavy damage, heavy support/tanky, or a nice mix of both. Very open class that you can cater heavily to your liking.

My friend who plays Ele LOVES it - definitely an interesting class that I intend to try at some point. It's slightly more complex than other classes because of the way attunements work, though.

Necro is...Don't play a Necro right now. My 80 Necro is just idling until they fix the class. It's not terrible, but we simply don't have the damage output to make us as viable as other classes.

I gather that Engi is a blast to play - my brother and at least one of my friends play one. My brother rants and raves about it. Turrets seem like a very interesting concept - you may want to research this one a bit as it might be something you'll enjoy.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't just bite the bullet and push through. If you aren't enjoying a class, it won't be worth it at 80. Your time will be better spent trying out the various classes to find one that sticks. The best way to try them, though, is to run sPvP as you get access to all the skills and trait points from the get go.

Thanks for your reply. I bit the bullet and rolled a guardian, tried all the weapon skills in the starter instance as well. I love it! The spells are flashy and pretty enough (lol I'm shallow) to not feel jealous of the ele or mesmer, and it is much more survivable but not as boring as my warrior.
I liked the scepter and torch, if anything because breathing fire is cool. Staff gets Gandalf's "You shall not pass" which had me giggling like a loon, and the greatsword just feels good to use. Hammer is pretty awesome too, Banish is like playing golf with centaurs :D

Anyway, I'll give her a whirl for the next few days or so, but it seems just what I was looking for.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Guardian is awesome, from 1 to 80. Truly one of the best classes in the game.

Ken

Sometimes I wish I could be like Hawkian and take time to explore the world and enjoy game, running explorable modes with guildies, and just being a cool and sociable guy all around.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dont think Im going to be crafting, looks pretty complex, didnt really check it out much but should I?

It's up to you. I stopped crafting a long time ago (mostly because I hate crafting in video games), and I have plenty of cash, I have decent gear, and there are plenty of avenues to find what you need.

I say you should craft if you enjoy it. If you don't, don't do it.

Sometimes I wish I could be like Hawkian and take time to explore the world and enjoy game, running explorable modes with guildies, and just being a cool and sociable guy all around.

What am I, chopped liver?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Word. Definitely glad I chose to main a Guardian, nothing feels better than taking on 10 enemies at a time and coming out without a scratch.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

It really is, one of the few classes that can fit any role and be good excellent at the role.

I spent a few levels doing only Scepter/Torch + Staff...went to pickup a trade profession and thought "I should do tailor, for the cloth armor!" Then remembered that it's a heavy armor profession.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shucks, what did I do to deserve that? *blush*

I am rather glad I haven't felt myself "rushing" at any point yet. I got to level 70 just by playing under the mantra of "what do I feel like doing next?" and I've had a seriously consistent blast.

Actually, literally the only times I have had interruptions in the fun were due to technical barriers: WvW queues, bugged dungeons and events, getting split from party in instances. Once those issues are all corrected/reduced, it'll just be silly how much good there is to be found in every corner of this game.

It's up to you. I stopped crafting a long time ago (mostly because I hate crafting in video games), and I have plenty of cash, I have decent gear, and there are plenty of avenues to find what you need.

I say you should craft if you enjoy it. If you don't, don't do it.
So weird because I'm typically loathsome of crafting in games but I'm really hooked in this one. I think it's all the shiny real XP you get for it. Every time I've leveled just sitting at a crafting station in town it made me grin rather wide.

Xiaoki

Yeah, that's the one. Mainly around Mountains/Caves in the Norn zone.

You can see through the floor and walls in certain areas. Only since I downloaded the latest drivers now I think about it.

Well, looks like I wont be getting the latest AMD drivers then.

Ricker

Yeah, that's the one. Mainly around Mountains/Caves in the Norn zone.

You can see through the floor and walls in certain areas. Only since I downloaded the latest drivers now I think about it.

Disable ambiant occlusion if it does that,worked for me with my Nvidia card...I had the same exact problem.

thetrin

So weird because I'm typically loathsome of crafting in games but I'm really hooked in this one. I think it's all the shiny real XP you get for it. Every time I've leveled just sitting at a crafting station in town it made me grin rather wide.

yeah, it didn't really grab me. It's even more weird because I love cooking in real life, but crafting and similar systems in games are not fun for me.

this game is so freaking good. I am still enjoying every minute of it. Slowly getting the hang of crafting. I did a fun jumping puzzle in Lions Arc in a pirate cave getting trolled by a ghost:D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
this game is so freaking good. I am still enjoying every minute of it. Slowly getting the hang of crafting. I did a fun jumping puzzle in Lions Arc in a pirate cave getting trolled by a ghost:D
Crafty, crafty Weyandt.

I think I'm going to be starting a series of guild events to do all the jumping puzzles, 3-4 per session. I love them enormously after I forced myself to get used to field traversal in GW1 (you seriously have no idea), and the only thing I love more than doing them is doing them with a group of people who get to laugh at each other when we fall.

Sweet, looks like Stormbuff Isle opened up. Just transfered over, any room in any of the GAF guilds? (i'm a pure mmo noob so forgive the many annoying questions if / when I join)

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The first exploreable dungeon that I've tried to do is AC with the path (Ghost Eater). Unfortunately, apparently there was a glitch where we had to fight 9 elites instead of waves of 3 with 3 elites. Is that fixed because I would rather not spend 5+ hours doing an exploreable dungeon only for it to be bugged? :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's absolutely room in the Overflow. I'm not on yet but message Hawkian the Blade in an hour or two if you can remember to do so and I'll add ya.
The first exploreable dungeon that I've tried to do is AC with the path (Ghost Eater). Unfortunately, apparently there was a glitch where we had to fight 9 elites instead of waves of 3 with 3 elites. Is that fixed because I would rather not spend 5+ hours doing an exploreable dungeon only for it to be bugged? :/
Hmm I think 5 hours is totally off the charts unreasonable for that path. I don't think I've encountered that bug but then again I don't even know what sequence you're referring to.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Hmm I think 5 hours is totally off the charts unreasonable for that path. I don't think I've encountered that bug but then again I don't even know what sequence you're referring to.

Yeah, it was taking us quite a bit to do it up until that part. I'm glad it's not supposed to take that long, that means it's probably just something on our end then.

It was the part...

Where you have to defend the guy you're following who is setting up three different turrets but there were nine elites. I was told there was supposed to only be three who come in three different waves.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I formatted and I've forgotten by guild wars 2 password. Of course the reset function doesn't work.

Fuck D:

Edit: I just found it by accident. Thanks lastpass!

thetrin

Sweet, looks like Stormbuff Isle opened up. Just transfered over, any room in any of the GAF guilds? (i'm a pure mmo noob so forgive the many annoying questions if / when I join)
Don't apologize. We won't bite. I hate playing in guilds where everyone assumes you're Dr. Video games.

We're always happy to help.

thetrin

I think they mean "I need 1600 or 2000 range" or something. Rangers would be better for you. Warriors even.

Oh, well fair enough. Then yes, you should go rifle Warrior then.

thetrin

That sounds wonderful, what do you use? Staff and scepter/something?

Scepter/focus for the majority of the time. I'm specced into virtues and made consecration spells targetable, allowing me to use Sanctuary and Purging Flames from a distance.

My secondary is Greatsword actually, but I usually only bring it out when I'm in the mood to smack something in the face really hard.

Achtius

crafting doesn't really make much money until you get to 400. And you don't save much money from crafting your own lvl 80 stuff either since you spent so much to get to 400. If you really need to craft lvl 80 exotic, you can always ask your guildies to make them for you

Piecake

crafting doesn't really make much money until you get to 400. And you don't save much money from crafting your own lvl 80 stuff either since you spent so much to get to 400. If you really need to craft lvl 80 exotic, you can always ask your guildies to make them for you

True, but im one of the weirdos who simply want to have a crafting profession. I actually find it kinda fun.

Probably going to blow all of my money getting up to 400, but whatevs

inky

I hit 30 on my Elementalist. Should I and if yes - What dungeon should I run?

You can only run 1 dungeon at 30 = Ascalonian Catacombs. 4 other dungeons will open up every 10 levels up to lvl 70, then 3 more from 70-80 for a total of 8 overall dungeons.

Yes you should run it (it has a rare helm reward), in fact you should run all the dungeons at least once in Story Mode, then a new mode opens up called Explorable Mode that lets you get tokens for gear rewards.

Dreavus

Got some flabbergasting moment, was playing my level 53 human engineer, decided to hunt down some skill points and visit the dungeon in Ascalon. I fought Ascalon people ghosts, I was fighting for them in Guild Wars 1, that's a little weird, but fine I guess. Then when I started going to the dungeon, it's like someone throwing a bucket of water at me. The asshole Charr won't stop talking shit about the massacre human. Not even a words of sympathy... Jesus H. Christ, my noble engineer shouldn't be standing still while the foul mouth trash go on and on about how they genocide my ancestors. >=[

Me: "Oh my noble king, I fought for you and...", Asshole Charr "Your people are dead, your kingdoms is gone, lolol. GET OUT" THE FUCK

Yeah, it's kinda sad seeing ascalonian ghosts running around shouting "Don't let the charr breach the wall!" as they reload a trebuchet that isn't there trying to protect a wall that already lies in ruins.

Rytlock isn't exactly a people person either.

inky

For all you people bitching about us guardians:

4KOms.jpg

kidko

If I go back to the starter area and salvage loot will I find more Jute Scrap? I keep getting Wool now that I'm in the level 25 zone but my crafting isn't up enough to use Wool yet.

thetrin

I hit 30 on my Elementalist. Should I and if yes - What dungeon should I run?

You should have gotten a mail showing you the dungeon you're supposed to check out at 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom