• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rolled a human for my first character because I wanted her to be "related" to my GW1 main, and one of my friends did the same thing, so that may be a factor in the higher human population. My alts will be mostly non-human since I want to try the other races, and I haven't been too impressed with the human storyline.

Ricker

Wow,what a ridiculous first dungeon,maybe they could of made it a little more vague and a little harder,sheesh...(AT)...you know that picture of one of the main developper with the grin on his face,now I know where it comes from lol...

Zaph

Finally got around to trying the Gamepad config thingy... Mother. Fucker.

Why do I wait so long to try out new/great things?

(Also, if anyone knows how to get the mouse pointer to auto center (without disabling UAC as per guide), I would be very grateful)

There are tons of generic weaponsmiths and armorsmiths you can talk to. They can sell equipment to you for cheap within your range. They are also scattered throughout many small outposts, towns, villages and camps all over the world.
There's always the AH too. Fine and masterwork weapons are super cheap right now since everyone is selling them for barely more than the vendor will buy them for.

broz0rs

The longer I play this game I feel GW2 is more akin to an action adventure game rather than an RPG, which is awesome.

Item question: what kind of component can I add to that back accessory item you get around lv. 30? Also, I believe the upgraded item is a backpack but I can't find it in the TP, so how would I get it?

this game is just insanely huge. amazing its just a regular price game and no monthly.

this, dark souls, borderlands 2 wow amazing time for PC RPG's. no time for torchlight 2 with this much awesome. Dr Manhattan cloning required.

Piecake

The longer I play this game I feel GW2 is more akin to an action adventure game rather than an RPG, which is awesome.

Item question: what kind of component can I add to that back accessory item you get around lv. 30? Also, I believe the upgraded item is a backpack but I can't find it in the TP, so how would I get it?

I stuck a jewel in mine. Havent completed my story, but maybe you get an improved back slot later on. If not, the only way to get a non crappy one is to buy the guild back slot (sold from some guild npc)

Cant buy back slots off the TP

Forkball

Too much GW2. I went up four levels in under an hour via crafting. I don't want to do crafting without boosters now. Went from 160 jewelry to almost 290. I should bite the bullet and spent the extra cash to get up to 300 since I'm finding mirthril ore now.

I hit level 70, almost there. I did Claw of Jormag for the first time which was fun, thanks to the GAFfers who spent a lot of time reviving me. What's a good level 70 area? I did straights of Orr for a bit, but it just seems to be a race track of boring dynamic events. I found Frostgorge, but only the entrance from Fireheart Rise, so everything is level 80. Where is the level 70 entrance to that place?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally got around to trying the Gamepad config thingy... Mother. Fucker.

Why do I wait so long to try out new/great things?

(Also, if anyone knows how to get the mouse pointer to auto center (without disabling UAC as per guide), I would be very grateful)
Well that's a challenge :( You love UAC a lot eh? Hehe.

Try downloading AutoHotKey by itself and then running the script (AHK file) alone instead of the exe, see if that helps.

Weltall had made a modified version that used a different input command which might work, but I'm not sure if it's still available online and he's on vacation.

Can't believe you think the scheme is great without that, wait til you experience it with that on.
wow this game is overwhelming (not in a bad way)

so...is it supposed to be this hard to buy a weapon? Spent an hour wandering around the city trying to find someone to sell me weapons since I didnt notice on map that there is a special icon for a weaponsmith vs general merchant.

but I dont see any regular weapon merchants on the main city map, only karma weaponsmiths.

Am I missing one?
They are in major cities. Look for one that just says Weaponsmith with a coin, not the purple karma symbol.
There's always the AH too. Fine and masterwork weapons are super cheap right now since everyone is selling them for barely more than the vendor will buy them for.
If you've got a few silver definitely hit up the auction house and get something decent. :)

100% agreed. The later traits you can get as a thief really contribute to this. So good.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
While cool, this is kind of lame. A good majority of people aren't max level, thus don't have the means to get this item. It kinda seems like a big deal. How "limited" is this item?

Once the recipe disappears and the ability to craft it is gone, the Mystic Forge Conduit itself will still be available on the Trading Post, if it's not made soul/account bound after the fact. Right now it isn't. Neither are the parts. You can buy it all on the TP. Last night the final product was going for 4-5g. I imagine it will be very expensive but still obtainable once this temporary event ends.

Top level runs of holding are ridiculously expensive. Seriously.

So much cheaper to make or buy an 18 slot box/bag AND buy the 400 gems to buy an extra bag slot. I think I'll do just that.

20 slot rune=10g.
18 slot box+extra bag slot<4g

Anno

Seems like one of those weird items that might be something of an artifact in three or four years if it doesn't become soul/account bound or get some other way to be made. Honestly that's what I hope happens - EQ1 had a number of those items and it was always interesting to see them pop up now and then.

Ashodin

Try downloading AutoHotKey by itself and then running the script (AHK file) alone instead of the exe, see if that helps.

Weltall had made a modified version that used a different input command which might work, but I'm not sure if it's still available online and he's on vacation.

Can't believe you think the scheme is great without that, wait til you experience it with that on.

They are in major cities. Look for one that just says Weaponsmith with a coin, not the purple karma symbol.

If you've got a few silver definitely hit up the auction house and get something decent. :)

100% agreed. The later traits you can get as a thief really contribute to this. So good.

I knew your sneaky ass would show up once you heard "gamepad" or "controller" in this thread. I think you have alarms set to them. :p

Proxy

Pretty sure I just heard an NPC say "Urge to kill rising." lol

Anyway, who do I talk to about getting into the GAF guild?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Really sad there are few charr players. They think humans had it bad? They should play charr!

I chose Dinky for my alt warrior and Reeva for my engie.

Glad to see that Anet will try to increase build diversity for necros https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/pvp/I-play-a-necro-but-I-traid-a-warrior-for-one-play-session/page/2#post116878

JonPeters said:
In the current condition heavy meta-game, there is a lot of condition removal. The problem this is causing for Necromancers is that they do not have a lot of build diversity in this meta, because they don’t have any great power builds they can turn to. What I would like to try and do is increase build diversity without increasing effectiveness because I don’t believe we have really seen what strong Necromancers can do yet.

Hopefully that explains a bit where we stand. We are still working towards getting rid of all of the bugs in everyone’s skills and traits at which point we can get a much better idea of where everyone stands. That time will also give us the chance to see where the large amount of current players actually takes the meta game.

Zaph

The problem (for me at least) with disabling UAC is that it seems to cause a chain-reaction of issues. Whenever I've tried in the past, suddenly my Logitech mouse/keyboard drivers don't work properly, application profiles reset, etc etc. I've learnt to just leave it be.

Will try the AHK standalone method. Thanks.

Taffer

Also I laugh that GW2 has the modern dinosaur enemy

feathers.png

They also drop poultry meat.

kiryani

I'm sure this has been asked but I see nothing, is there any sort of pass or trial going to be available in the forseeable future? I've never played GW , so i'm not sure if I'm happy to take the full wallet hit without giving it a try first.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
feathers.png

They also drop poultry meat.

Nothing like a little chicken raptor noodle soup to warm you up.

Hilariously enough, Moas tower over the Raptors.

Yes, but their animation seems to be designed to be twice as fast as others and then was slowed down to match the rest. Especially the "on all four" bit.

Yea it was obviously slowed down to be the same speed as the other races

Charr should really get a speed boost race skill.

Top level runs of holding are ridiculously expensive. Seriously.

So much cheaper to make or buy an 18 slot box/bag AND buy the 400 gems to buy an extra bag slot. I think I'll do just that.

20 slot rune=10g.
18 slot box+extra bag slot<4g

It is ridiculous and one of the reasons why I regret 400'ing Leatherworking. Should've done my homework and looked at the prices but really I didn't know anything about the economy and how easy or hard it would be to get money.

10g for a SINGLE rune of holding to make a SINGLE twenty slot bag is ridiculously high. I think the most gold I've had at once was like 5 or 6g and that was probably a fluke.

Yesterday I made two exotic weapons with my 400 Huntsman prof and the overall price was very reasonable, about 2g spent each. Do they consider 20 slot bags in the same category as legendaries or something?

SorchaR

I'm sure this has been asked but I see nothing, is there any sort of pass or trial going to be available in the forseeable future? I've never played GW , so i'm not sure if I'm happy to take the full wallet hit without giving it a try first.

Nothing like that yet, and since they actually had to stop selling the game for a while because too many people wanted to play I can't see it happening in the near future.

I'm sure there will be trials and friend-passes eventually, but it will take a while.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sorry Hawkian, Ashodin, and Pyrandes. I unfortunately will not be on today. Somehow I'm more busy on weekends than I am on week days.

Chris R

So I finally was able to get into WvW but seeing as I had NO idea what I was doing I don't think I was too much of a help. Was pretty cool though seeing the ebb and flow of battle and even getting like 3/4 of a level in the two hours I was in there. Just wish there was a faster way to get around, running takes forever when you spawn in the bottom left and the battle is in the top right :(

Sqorgar

Banned
Yesterday I made two exotic weapons with my 400 Huntsman prof and the overall price was very reasonable, about 2g spent each. Do they consider 20 slot bags in the same category as legendaries or something?
They obviously don't want the market flooded with cheap bags. Every bag requires a rune that has to be purchased, meaning that bags will never sell for less than their respective runs cost. A 10g run means at least a 10g bag. It also means that there won't ever be a bunch of 20 slot bags being made by people who grinded leatherworker to 400 in four hours. So yeah, those bags are meant to be expensive and rare so that newbies aren't going to be drowning in them making every other bag completely worthless.

Trey

They obviously don't want the market flooded with cheap bags. Every bag requires a rune that has to be purchased, meaning that bags will never sell for less than their respective runs cost. A 10g run means at least a 10g bag. It also means that there won't ever be a bunch of 20 slot bags being made by people who grinded leatherworker to 400 in four hours. So yeah, those bags are meant to be expensive and rare so that newbies aren't going to be drowning in them making every other bag completely worthless.

I think it's mostly so that these bags don't step on the toes of gem-buying for bag space.

You can combine those two swords as well, so that the effect alternates between day and night.
Getting one? Takes a while but it's not stupid long. Crafting legendaries takes time, y'know. It makes for a good errand while building up the 200 skill points for the bloodstone shard.

You'll have the 200 skillpoints months before you'll have the stuff required for a legendary without extensive effort, previous gold exploits (cooking bug) or extreme luck while gambling.

it takes over a thousand gold, and a lot of the things required are all based on luck.

"You'll have the 200 skillpoints months before you'll have the stuff required for a legendary without extensive effort, previous gold exploits (cooking bug) or extreme luck while gambling."

Cooking oversight.

Izayoi

Banned
Does anyone have kind of a bare-bones endgame guide? I'm seeing a lot of talk about Legendaries and stuff but I have no idea where to even start.

"Does anyone have kind of a bare-bones endgame guide? I'm seeing a lot of talk about Legendaries and stuff but I have no idea where to even start."

Barebones endgame guide:

Run around Frostgorge Sound or Ruins of Orr. Gather as many mats as possible. Rinse/repeat for months until you get lucky and get your legendary base weapon to drop and/or buy one off the TP.

bjb

Banned
So my friend has just tried logging in, but it says his email was changed. Even though he didn't change it. And now he can't change it back. Any re-course here?

Seems like his account was hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom