• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm. Guess i'll consider this game then. Preferrably when its on sale though, trying to limit how much i use on gaming... not going too well :/

khefka

Neo Member
It's huge and there's a ton of stuff to find. The negatives for me is that a lot of the things for you to find are clearly marked on a map and that there are loads between zones.
One thing I've not been doing is talking to the scout npc's, which allows me to uncover areas as I come to them. There will still be some skill points and such showing in the foggy areas, but for the most part I get to find stuff as I come to it rather than relying on the map to guide me.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just worked on getting the Mystic Forge Conduit. I'm not sure if that was a good investment or not, but I wanted it in case it was limited. :/

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It is indeed limited.

I just wasn't sure how limited the actual conduit was gonna be so I made sure to snatch it up haha

It is nice being able to access the Forge without actually having to be in Lion's Arch now, I gotta admit.

Yes getting the Conduit is going to just earn you money in the long run.

Then my investment will have paid off haha

I traded a lot of my crafting mats to get the components and whatnot. I figured I could delay my crafting for it.

TheYanger

Yes getting the Conduit is going to just earn you money in the long run.

It is?
I'm not saying not to get it, it IS a limited time item and those things tickle many's fancy (including me)..but as long as the forge is conveniently located in the mists from anywhere, I don't see how it actually earns you any money.

Ashodin

It is?
I'm not saying not to get it, it IS a limited time item and those things tickle many's fancy (including me)..but as long as the forge is conveniently located in the mists from anywhere, I don't see how it actually earns you any money.

It's just one of those limited time items that provide more convenience than there already is.

TheYanger

It's just one of those limited time items that provide more convenience than there already is.

I don't disagree with that. I just think it's misleading to claim it's going to earn any extra money :) It will probably save you a few minutes over the life of the game.

Some shots of Orr, if only to prove that it can actually be a pretty decent-looking place.

Screenshot168001.png

Screenshot159048.png

Screenshot184512.png

Screenshot199100.png

KingKong

So is there a use for Skill Points other than unlocking the skills?

I'm about 35 points away from unlocking everything but I think there are more than 35 challenges I haven't done plus you get a point every level

Instro

What's that hidden room in AC do? The one with the partially invisible planks and shit. I wandered into it earlier today, I thought it might be a jumping puzzle but I dunno.

inky

My random screenshots. I'm starting to get a little bored with the game, but it's been well worth my money.

Edit: And no, I didn't even bother to try to activate the waypoint in the bottom picture.

I did that one by myself. Yeah... don't try at home, lol. It was a bitch. The previous hallway is filled with turrets that are constantly repaired by infinitely spawning robots. Try keeping alive those 4 dudes, destroying the turrets AND the robots while one of the agents opens the doors. Did I mention that another, tougher security robot spawns constantly as well, oh, and a group of Risen enters the hallway from the other end too, together with a risen shark whenever they feel like it.

The next room, where the WP is, is filled with as many enemies as that one. I died after getting the waypoint and I swore never to go back there again.

Does it really look like that or are you using sweet fx?
Using SweetFX, naturally. Haven't turned it off since I got it.

I should also note that I'm using HQ ambient occlusion in those shots (the Skyrim bits this time), which requires disabling reflections (irrelevant for those shots since there's no water) and only works with native (1:1) sampling.

Bossun

Just bought the game. Finally played after days of battle against bootcamp.

Luckily I can play in medium quality so the game is not bad. Though even with everything at minimum it was still nice.

I love it for now, maybe the game I feel the most enthusiastic about since WoW.

The areas are so big. I'm kind of feel overwhelmed right now.

Lots of stuff I don't understand very well yet.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
86% world completion, just have cities and the WvW zones to complete (and that one bugged vista in the Char starting zone)

Einbroch

Banned
Well, I enjoyed the ride, but I'm not really finding the top end content to be very enticing or fun. PVE is too chaotic, sPVP is repetitive, WvW is fun, but the run back kills it. Oh well. I had a lot of fun, but BL2 is right around the corner, and I have DotA 2 and Darksiders 2 to play.

Concept17

Well, I enjoyed the ride, but I'm not really finding the top end content to be very enticing or fun. PVE is too chaotic, sPVP is repetitive, WvW is fun, but the run back kills it. Oh well. I had a lot of fun, but BL2 is right around the corner, and I have DotA 2 and Darksiders 2 to play.

Login info?

;)

_woLf

So I was doing Ascalonian Catacombs earlier, and I disconnected from the game. When I reconnected, I was outside the dungeon and got the normal popup "Join party in dungeon?" I clicked yes and it put me in a brand new instanced dungeon with no progress completed, away from my party. I was never able to re-join them.

Is this intentional? If so, shitty and infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom