• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got kicked as well :( So main guild is going US only huh. Oh well =/ Was excited being in a guild with everyone, since EU guilds always die out. Sigh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm watching this game in a video... I'm getting interested in this game
It's really quite something; if it interests you and you've got the $60 to put in, the odds are you'lll get to $0.50 per hour of entertainment or less by the time you're done with it. :)
Got kicked as well :( So main guild is going US only huh. Oh well =/
Are you in EU/did you not want to join the EU guild?

For the moment, we're just trying to get all the NA, Stormbluff Isle guild members who are active participants into the main guild. We have over 150 people in the overflow guild and we gotta do the best we can with what we've got.

Ashodin

Got kicked as well :( So main guild is going US only huh. Oh well =/ Was excited being in a guild with everyone, since EU guilds always die out. Sigh.

I'm sure Naito is still running the EU GAF Guild quite well on Gandara. Surely you can join them? They're close to a 100 strong, I think.

Stuart444

Is Crucible of Eternity that bad? I keep hearing the story mode is the toughest/ridiculous or something like that and that it's hard to find groups for it.

I'm hoping to do it later today (or tomorrow depending on how I feel) but when I try to look up stuff on it, I see stuff like what I said above.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is Crucible of Eternity that bad? I keep hearing the story mode is the toughest/ridiculous or something like that and that it's hard to find groups for it.

I'm hoping to do it later today (or tomorrow depending on how I feel) but when I try to look up stuff on it, I see stuff like what I said above.
I need to do it lots. Excited if it's supposed to be that tough :D

Ken

I want to do the explorable for it.

tylerf

Aww..no guild for me anymore. Oh well. I've played over 30 hours since launch. I can't keep up I guess if it requires a crazy time commitment to stay in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not sure how many points I'm at, but I've been very active (level 32 Warrior, level 24 Engineer). Hope I don't get the hammer.
Very little chance that you don't have over 300, but really, it doesn't matter all that much.

If you find you've been kicked for what appears to be inactivity but legitimately want to be a part of the guild, I'd love it if you could just send me a Private Message on gafguild.com, describe a little bit about how you play and any circumstances that may have kept you from being active in game so far and we'll be more than happy to get you back in!

The purpose of this is not to give players below some arbitrary threshold the boot. It's to ensure that active, positive players are the ones who are left in the guild when all is said and done- including the people in the overflow who deserve the chance to cross over.
Aww..no guild for me anymore. Oh well. I've played over 30 hours since launch. I can't keep up I guess if it requires a crazy time commitment to stay in.
30 hours in the 3 weeks since launch is on the low end for guild members from what I've seen, but not altogether important either.

If you do want to be an active guild participant (go on events, play WvW with us, do dungeon runs, etc.), please just send me a message as described above and we'll get you back in.

"Apparantly just based on who they like, cause i've got 1000 of em :("

Cold-blooded. I suppose that's one way to keep negative opinions out of the thread!

Shambles

For people wanting to play 8 hours a day every day I'd suggest finding multiple games to keep you entertained. I've been putting in a solid 2-3 hours a day on average since launch and am still at level 45 with my storyline and crafting in a similar progression. I don't see how people with jobs and/or families could possibly have hit 80 as quickly as I saw after the launch started.

Ken

For people wanting to play 8 hours a day every day I'd suggest finding multiple games to keep you entertained. I've been putting in a solid 2-3 hours a day on average since launch and am still at level 45 with my storyline and crafting in a similar progression. I don't see how people with jobs and/or families could possibly have hit 80 as quickly as I saw after the launch started.

Crafting and speed running certain dungeons. Doesn't take a long time to get to 80 if your only goal is to get to 80.

corgi, do u like warrior better or guardian?

At the moment I like the warrior better because tons of damage even when I'm traited into Arms, Tactics, and Defense. However, I think the warrior is just an easier class to click with. I was trying to do a Boon support Guardian and I felt kind of useless after throwing out boons. I've yet to try out a CC Boon Guardian with Hammer and Scepter or whatever so maybe I'll like the Guardian more after I try that out.

So basically warrior is bit simpler to understand and easier to enjoy than the guardian, IMO.

Won

Can't believe how hard it is to finish off the daily event stuff. Everything is bugged out!
Still have my doubts of ever reaching 80 especially with such problems. ArenaNet needs to start fixing things.

"Still have my doubts of ever reaching 80 especially with such problems. ArenaNet needs to start fixing things."

They're too busy futzing with crafting professions and trying to keep everyone as poor as possible.

Piecake

I need to do it lots. Excited if it's supposed to be that tough :D

So do I! I will be more than happy to tag along with you, Hawkian. fairly positive I need it for my legendary(gift of Knowledge), and if that doesnt work out, well, i think the gear looks the best on my asura engineer anyways

inky

"Still have my doubts of ever reaching 80 especially with such problems. ArenaNet needs to start fixing things."

They're too busy futzing with crafting professions and trying to keep everyone as poor as possible.

It's funny cause it's true. Things like an excess of butter and wood logs are treated as immediate threats to the game, and even have an emergency one time only item made to deal with them, while level 80 rewards are still fucked and half the game's events and skill points are bugged.

Jumped into my alt, can't 100% Sylvari starting zone due to bugs. Jump to my main, every level 80 area in Orr is bugged and dragons are a joke. Jump into WvW and some idiot puts down a fire ram on top of a wall we are defending, and other idiots finish it! (Should've screenshotted that one lol).
Oh, and no one on the guild wants to do Crucible Story Mode =/ while randoms are asking for a "tank" in chat (they have an ele and ranger and guardian already!) so they can do the dungeon.

This game...

_woLf

Is anyone else getting a lot of audio bugs? Particularly in cutscenes, some clips of NPCs talking (as well as my character talking) just don't play -- their mouths don't even move. Wasn't a problem at all until just recently :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's funny cause it's true. Things like an excess of butter and wood logs are treated as immediate threats to the game, and even have an emergency one time only item made to deal with them, while level 80 rewards are still fucked and half the game's events and skill points are bugged.

Jumped into my alt, can't 100% Sylvari starting zone due to bugs. Jump to my main, every level 80 area in Orr is bugged and dragons are a joke. Jump into WvW and some idiot puts down a fire ram on top of a wall we are defending, and other idiots finish it! (Should've screenshotted that one lol).
Oh, and no one on the guild wants to do Crucible Story Mode =/ while randoms are asking for a "tank" in chat (they have an ele and ranger and guardian already!) so they can do the dungeon.

This game...
Crucible story mode is exactly what I want to do right now.

Who's dungeoning?

Otheradam

Is anyone else getting a lot of audio bugs? Particularly in cutscenes, some clips of NPCs talking (as well as my character talking) just don't play -- their mouths don't even move. Wasn't a problem at all until just recently :(

Yeah, I have the same issue now. It's either an update they did to the game over the weekend or... the new nvidia drivers I installed?

Naudi

Banned
Cool....Login to see i was kicked from the guild without any explanation why? I dont remember seeing a minimum /age requirement to be in the guild.
Sure i dont play a ton, was lvl26 with a couple crafts 30-80 but I am in no hurry and spent a LOT of time just exploring and doing jumping puzzles(one of the perks in the game you guys all rave about).

I played maybe 2-3 hour long sessions every few days and and more on the weekends but I did try to participate in guild chat as much as I could while I did play. I joined a bunch of guildies on a WvW walkthrough
and I WvW with guildies a few times, but I guess I wasnt vocal enough in guild chat or forums? I am mostly a lurker outside of the game itself.

But honestly if thats how its going to be I want no part in it anyway. I understand wanting active players but it seems pretty tasteless to kick solely off an achievment # when alot
of the 65ish hours i spent playing wasnt rushing to 80 or doing things that give achievements...Anyways have fun i guess ill go find a different guild that suits my playstyle more.

dot

Yeah, sometimes a male NPC will talk with a female voice (lol) and sometimes my guns don't make any sound at all. It's weird.

scosher

Haven't had the chance to reply because of work, but wanted to respond to Ashodin and Hawkian.

I'm not trying to rage at the lack of end-game content like TheYanger. There's still a lot of content for me to devour in this game despite more than 100 hours played. I've yet to even begin accumulating dungeon tokens for my preferred set (the light armor Nightmare set from TA). But I can still look ahead and see how tedious it would be. I simply can't see how Arenanet's decision to force players to run one specific dungeon ad nauseam to assemble a specific set is a defensible game design.

I'm saying it's not necessary unless you want the skins. Which is the truth.

If they're not necessary besides aesthetic appeal, why even have such exorbitant costs? Even simply reducing the cost so that it would take at most 15-20 runs of one dungeon, rather than 70-80, will make it feel less of a grind. For the casual player, what would originally seem like a daunting endeavor suddenly becomes something that could be reasonably achievable. For the hardcore player, you won't get burnt out from the game after just completing ONE dungeon set.

But what you just said is nonsense. I am betting that if you combed my hundreds of posts about this game you wouldn't find a single one describing the game as "close to infallible."

You just listed a whole bunch of blatant flaws that I doubt even the biggest fanboy would defend. You won't find anyone arguing that "Long WvW queues and broken dynamic events are great!"

I'm talking more about you defending every game design decision of Arenanet's as completely in the right. Not necessarily their execution of certain aspects, like voice acting (which imo is more regrettable considering the amount of resources and money they likely spent on all that voice acting, when the average player won't even get to hear 80% of it).

It's prestige gear that no one needs.

I don't usually consider gear "prestigious" solely because it takes a huge time investment to get them. Rather, prestige gear should come from the player tackling some challenging content, and showing it off for their achievements. For example, Gladiator mounts or armor/weapons from end-raid bosses in WoW would in my view be considered prestige gear.

Off the top of my head, here's a bunch of other solutions that Arenanet could've come up with that would've made this dungeon gear grind not seem so tedious:

1. Simply reduce costs so it doesn't take that many runs.
2. Allow all dungeons to drop a single currency token (Or perhaps split the tokens into 2 tiers so the sets from the lvl 70+ dungeons require a separate token). To encourage players to at least run every explorer-mode path of a specific dungeon, they could make it so the bosses of each path drop a separate token that would also be required. So for example, the Nightmare chestpiece would cost 1 Nightmare token and 20 Dungeon tokens, so that if I wanted to complete the Nightmare set, I would have to run every path of Twilight Arbor at least once, but can then accumulate the remaining currency in any other dungeon. The cost and time invested is still the same, but this becomes less of a grind cause we don't have to repeat the same content to get our desired look.
3. Allow all dungeons to have a rare chance to just outright drop a set piece. That way the dungeon vendors would be more to supplement your bad luck.

Simply put, grinding for anything in MMO's sucks and there are several other solutions Arenanet could've come up with to at least mask the grind and time it takes to acquire exotic dungeon sets.

etiolate

Banned

This game...

I don't think fix order is a sign of importance but more a sign of what is easier for them to fix.

They really do need to clean up all the bugged events in higher level zones. They also need to drop the price on karma items. There's all these Heart Vendors out in the world, but who is going to buy stuff from them as they level? Their items are pointless, and karma is so scarce upon leveling that it pushes people away from spending karma. The time cost of the cosmetic dungeon sets are too high in comparison to the time cost of cosmetic faction sets in GW1.

Some of these issues are easier to fix. Lower the cost of some things after some number crunching. There is a happier medium between too easy to get and grindy than what they have now.

The bugged events are probably much harder to fix, despite being a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom