• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I just want to say that I'm happy I finished my CoF set because there is no way I would grind for a whole set in a "real" explorable dungeon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cool....Login to see i was kicked from the guild without any explanation why? I dont remember seeing a minimum /age requirement to be in the guild.
Sure i dont play a ton, was lvl26 with a couple crafts 30-80 but I am in no hurry and spent a LOT of time just exploring and doing jumping puzzles(one of the perks in the game you guys all rave about).

I played maybe 2-3 hour long sessions every few days and and more on the weekends but I did try to participate in guild chat as much as I could while I did play. I joined a bunch of guildies on a WvW walkthrough
and I WvW with guildies a few times, but I guess I wasnt vocal enough in guild chat or forums? I am mostly a lurker outside of the game itself.

But honestly if thats how its going to be I want no part in it anyway. I understand wanting active players but it seems pretty tasteless to kick solely off an achievment # when alot
of the 65ish hours i spent playing wasnt rushing to 80 or doing things that give achievements...Anyways have fun i guess ill go find a different guild that suits my playstyle more.
Stay calm! :p

There is no minimum /age (we can't even check that) and nearly everything in the game grants you achievement points. But more importantly, they're both totally arbitrary metrics. If you are a legitimately active player and want back in just send me a message and you will be golden. The objective of this smattering of kicks was to cull a number of people who are not active as broadly as possible.

Feel free to send a whisper to Hawkian the Blade for an invite (if you want
KuGsj.gif
)

By the way, regardless of how much you play or what you do when you play, posting on gafguild.com is a great way to be an active guild member. Discuss your character/build, find out about upcoming events and suggest new ones, get answers to burning questions!

KingKong

So is it just me or is there no one in Frostgorge Sound? I just went from one ice ship to the other and didnt see anyone

Theres plenty of people in Orr though

Ferny

There is zero way for us to know when the last time someone logged into the guild is. There have been people that logged in right at launch and never after that. I've noticed them myself and it's caused our guild to stay at cap since launch. Is that user's problem? No but we also have to get people in who have waited in the overflow guild for spots to open up. At this point, we have no other way to see who's been active and who hasn't other than achievement points so we did kick people under a certain number because that was the only way to make sure if that person had been active or not.

If you do end up wanting to come back to the guild because you in fact we're active, then we'll take you back with open arms but we had to do something to clear up some room.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So is it just me or is there no one in Frostgorge Sound? I just went from one ice ship to the other and didnt see anyone

Theres plenty of people in Orr though

Not just you, most people stick to Orr.

I went ahead and removed myself from the guild to free up a space for those that want in. =p

inky

Maybe a warning and a chance for people to speak up would be better before you kick them out like that. I know it sucks to log in one day and see you are not longer in a guild, especially after you've been giving it influence and other sorts of stuff.

Naudi

Banned
What i dont understand is gafguild.com said people under 100 would be kicked as of sept 25th...its the 17th and i have 250ish. So why was i kicked? And how long till i get kicked again lol..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What i dont understand is gafguild.com said people under 100 would be kicked as of sept 25th...its the 17th and i have 250ish. So why was i kicked? And how long till i get kicked again lol..
I think there was a miscommunication here and some crossed wires between officers. I personally apologize for the confusion and ask only that you bear with us during the growing pangs on the way to making this the best guild possible :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think there was a miscommunication here and some crossed wires between officers. I personally apologize for the confusion and ask only that you bear with us during the growing pangs on the way to making this the best guild possible :)

DOOOOOOOOMED

Ferny

Maybe a warning and a chance for people to speak up would be better before you kick them out like that. I know it sucks to log in one day and see you are not longer in a guild, especially after you've been giving it influence and other sorts of stuff.

We'll we did post on gafguild.com about the whole thing (regardless of whether you want to sign up for another site or not that is where guild stuff is going)

We did have an understanding of what we were going to do but it was somewhat of a communication issue. You will not be kicked again no worries. If we had a way to tell when someone was last logged in, this whole thing could have been avoided.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
If we had a way to tell when someone was last logged in, this whole thing could have been avoided.

That's something that I expected ANet to include from launch as it's something that most MMOs that I have played have included for guilds ("so and so last logged in: X units of time"). ANet should probably patch this in/fix this.

Ferny

That's something that I expected ANet to include from launch as it's something that most MMOs that I have played have included for guilds ("so and so last logged in: X units of time"). ANet should probably patch this in/fix this.

I'm honestly surprised as well. I'm sure most guilds, it's no biggie. A guild like ours though, where we capped in a weekend, it really is.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Finding a group for CoE and HotW was such a pain in the ass. NO ONE wants to do those dungeons it seems like. CoE was a pain I will admit but only on one boss and a certain mob.

Mazre

So the final boss of CoF Ex first path (the super weapon) is at best highly overtuned and at worst bugged. Drops crystals which you can kill that give him a regen buff if he's within a very large radius of them. They drop so fast though that killing them and him prevented us from getting him below say 98% health.

Crystals need to be weaker or drop less often.

I think it might be theoretically possible with perfect composition/execution but was leagues beyond anything else we ran into.

Arcteryx

So...Warrior and I got to quest "Almorra's Letter" and I have no clue what I'm doing. Says I need to read letter, and I don't see one in my pack or in mail.

AFAIR it will pop later for you. I had that trouble as well and after a couple hours it popped up in my mail.

Maybe try re-logging completely to speed things along.

Artanisix

So the final boss of CoF Ex first path (the super weapon) is at best highly overtuned and at worst bugged. Drops crystals which you can kill that give him a regen buff if he's within a very large radius of them. They drop so fast though that killing them and him prevented us from getting him below say 98% health.

Crystals need to be weaker or drop less often.

I think it might be theoretically possible with perfect composition/execution but was leagues beyond anything else we ran into.

You would never get this but... my group managed to do this explorable after some testing. The solution is pretty simple. Ready for it?

Are you ready?

Completely ignore the crystals. Yes. Completely ignore a large mechanic of the fight and just DPS him down. Make sure you have someone who can heal the team reliably i.e. banner warrior or guardian. We've tried things like having two roam crystals, three roam crystals, etc. etc. They drop too fast and give too much healing. The crystals disappear after a set time, so if you just sit there DPSing, there will eventually be a point where enough crystals disappear at once and you can burn him down. He stops healing from 66% to 33% and then starts healing again.

It's a really fucking annoying fight, but guess what, the solution is just like every other fight in the game. Tank and spank baby.

"Apparantly just based on who they like, cause i've got 1000 of em :("

Cold-blooded. I suppose that's one way to keep negative opinions out of the thread!

The funniest thing is that all of the officers completely ignored his post when he got kicked but responded to everyone elses. Rofl. Could not be more blatant.

Is anyone else getting a lot of audio bugs? Particularly in cutscenes, some clips of NPCs talking (as well as my character talking) just don't play -- their mouths don't even move. Wasn't a problem at all until just recently :(

Was just about to ask this, I think its definitely the update and not drivers, had this problem with older nvidia drivers.

KingKong

I have to say, despite all its problems, Orr is a great area. It looks fantastic and feels like an unconquered territory with just a few allies and tiny outposts. I really like the idea of not having hearts and just having tons and tons of events

It doesn't really work though because of the massive zerg and because there's no one in the outer areas so you end up just running through dozens of enemies which are a pain in the ass and the events you come across are pointless to do because you can't solo a level 80 boss, but still, good effort.

I think it would have been better if it was a lot more like WvW where players would take over areas and territory would be constantly shifting, so it would be different every time you play and doing events would actually matter

khefka

Neo Member
"Apparantly just based on who they like, cause i've got 1000 of em :("

Cold-blooded. I suppose that's one way to keep negative opinions out of the thread!
How come you aren't coming in and posting about all the things you don't like about the game? A dude with a WoW icon spams the thread claiming he is speaking for 'what people like and want' and calling every aspect of gameplay a grind and you call others cold-blooded for not wanting to put up with it? What does it matter if people are defending the game, the point is that they are the ones actually having fun and the thread is a lot more productive for it from what I can tell. If anyone feels the need to vent, I'm sure the official forums would be a much more productive place to be.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
How come you aren't coming in and posting about all the things you don't like about the game? A dude with a WoW icon spams the thread claiming he is speaking for 'what people like and want' and calling every aspect of gameplay a grind and you call others cold-blooded for not wanting to put up with it? What does it matter if people are defending the game, the point is that they are the ones actually having fun and the thread is a lot more productive for it from what I can tell. If anyone feels the need to vent, I'm sure the official forums would be a much more productive place to be.

The inability to cope with contrary opinions is what turns OTs into annoying, insular communities no one from the outside wants to touch.

Just sayin'.

Your guild, your rules. But this is GAF, and if the guy wants to complain, he's free to do it.

"How come you aren't coming in and posting about all the things you don't like about the game?"

I have, numerous times.

"What does it matter if people are defending the game, the point is that they are the ones actually having fun and the thread is a lot more productive for it from what I can tell. If anyone feels the need to vent, I'm sure the official forums would be a much more productive place to be."

You can enjoy a game and still think certain aspects of it are not very good or even down-right bad. Shocker!

The inability to cope with contrary opinions is what turns OTs into annoying, insular communities no one from the outside wants to touch.
I rarely post because of this. Don't find it a welcoming environment if you criticize the game. Don't want to come here with my negative attitude or trollish ways so I don't post and just read. Reason why I left Gw2guru that and the modding if you criticized anet.

No disrespect Hawkian but I feel like I'm in your thread. You have an absurd amount of post and it shows that you are passionate with the game, which is great but it can be a little of putting. Hawkian OT Buy once, Flawed Never, Fun Forever.

khefka

Neo Member

Just sayin'.

Your guild, your rules. But this is GAF, and if the guy wants to complain, he's free to do it.
You are correct however I think I am free to voice my annoyance. Honestly it's for completely selfish reasons on my part. I like to follow the thread to see the experiences others are having, mainly the FUN they are having. I do realize there are issues with the game, but tbh I will probably never experience the issues others are raging about. I identify with my character, hence the rpg part of mmorpg. Finding the fun in the game is each persons job, and a grind is a grind only if you make it so. For example, I played a round of tf2 the other night where a guy used the rocket jumper the whole round and only got 5 kills. These negative nancys would tell him that he is wasting his time grinding out strange shovel (w/e its called) kills, but if he is having fun then what does it even matter? Should valve add a homing system so it's easier to get kills with it? I realize I'm part of the problem with this type of post so rant over :)

I think it's important to make distinctions between complaining about legitimate problems (i.e. weird dungeon difficulty imbalances, bugged events, lengthy grind for dungeon sets) and problems that are both intractable and whose severity varies by opinion (i.e. 'the game has no endgame!').

The former are mostly measurable and can be fixed. The latter is intrinsic to the game's design and will probably never be "fixed", hence lengthy discussions on the matter are kind of annoying to scroll through, especially when no side seems to gain any ground.

I know I skipped through most of it, and refuse to get anywhere near it.

Now excuse me while I throw some screenies your way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I rarely post because of this. Don't find it a welcoming environment if you criticize the game. Don't want to come here with my negative attitude or trollish ways so I don't post and just read. Reason why I left Gw2guru that and the modding if you criticized anet.

No disrespect Hawkian but I feel like I'm in your thread. You have an absurd amount of post and it shows that you are passionate with the game, which is great but it can be a little of putting. Hawkian OT Buy once, Flawed Never, Fun Forever.
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Please post unperturbed from now on.

Piecake

Where can I find out about these racial utilities?

Racial utlities are mostly just 'flavor' though and wont or shouldnt be as good as actual profession utilities. You shouldnt pick your race based on that

Engineer Dungeon musings - I have to say, I am liking the Elixir gun in dungeons a lot more than the flame thrower. It just seems a lot more useful. The blind and toolbelt skill was nice, but elxir gun's heals, fields and condition removal is just a lot more useful, especially since i dont spec into alchemy

Question - Are other engineer's finding Elixir R's AoE quicker rez effective? I used it on my last two runs and its really hard to tell if its working when youre not the one dead. the stamina gain and stunlock break is actually quite useful even if the AoE rez isnt as good as i think it is (is it? no idea)

Oh, and CoE is probably my favorite dungeon so far. Really cool look, and asura and golems and their crazy shit is awesome

Ken

Racial utlities are mostly just 'flavor' though and wont or shouldnt be as good as actual profession utilities. You shouldnt pick your race based on that

Yeah don't worry about them. On my Asura Warrior I'm always either running the banner or signet, which are both profession elite utilities. I use the Asura elite power suit in cities for fun but never in a dungeon.

Piecake

Yeah don't worry about them. On my Asura Warrior I'm always either running the banner or signet, which are both profession elite utilities. I use the Asura elite power suit in cities for fun but never in a dungeon.

Hah, its fun dropping that thing down and see who climbs in it

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Engineer Dungeon musings - I have to say, I am liking the Elixir gun in dungeons a lot more than the flame thrower. It just seems a lot more useful. The blind and toolbelt skill was nice, but elxir gun's heals, fields and condition removal is just a lot more useful, especially since i dont spec into alchemy

Question - Are other engineer's finding Elixir R's AoE quicker rez effective? I used it on my last two runs and its really hard to tell if its working when youre not the one dead. the stamina gain and stunlock break is actually quite useful even if the AoE rez isnt as good as i think it is (is it? no idea)

Oh, and CoE is probably my favorite dungeon so far. Really cool look, and asura and golems and their crazy shit is awesome

Yeah been using the elixir gun lately. Dem debuffs are awesome. I usually mix this and bomb kit + bazooka turret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom