• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

Yeah been using the elixir gun lately. Dem debuffs are awesome. I usually mix this and bomb kit + bazooka turret.

I rock Grenades instead of the bomb. I prefer the range, especially since the rifle is more of a melee weapon.

I think elixir gun will be a perma fixture on my bar for dungeons (just so damn useful), but the third skill is up in the air. I was running elixir B, but elixir R just seems more useful. Wish i knew if it actually is, haha

mik83kuu

Banned
I'll join back to GW2 when they either allow me to customize weapon skills (extremely unlikely) or I can muster the strength to try out every class to find if maybe perhaps one of them has two satisfying weapons. I just find it so stupid that on the classes I've played the most (80 Guardian, 30 Thief, 30 Warrior and 30 Ranger) there are no two weapons for any of the classes where I actually feel like I could use or want to use all the five skills available. I wish every weapon had 10 or so skills instead of 5 and I could just choose which 5 to use so I felt like I wasn't running around pressing two or three buttons all the time :-(

Also WvWvW was something I was hoping for and aimed for it to be my end game, but it really is just a massive herd of headless chicken running around with all the efforts that the leader type people put into it going to waste. I wish there was some tools for these commanders that they could actually set "missions" for individual people. Like when I join the game, it'd be awesome to get a message that says "Leader X wants you and 15 others to take down a treb @ Ogre" and when I join that mission and complete it, I'd get a small reward. Obviously these "mission" would have to be restricted to pre-approved building blocks so people don't simply create a missions to do something stupid like "Kill 5 mobs" etc.

Anyhoo it was a real blast for the past month but I just don't see enjoying this game any more. Best MMO for sure and I don't think I can ever go back to playing one of those MMOs that have 20-30 necessary action buttons on screen that are all required to succeed.

etiolate

Banned
Also WvWvW was something I was hoping for and aimed for it to be my end game, but it really is just a massive herd of headless chicken running around with all the efforts that the leader type people put into it going to waste. I wish there was some tools for these commanders that they could actually set "missions" for individual people. Like when I join the game, it'd be awesome to get a message that says "Leader X wants you and 15 others to take down a treb @ Ogre" and when I join that mission and complete it, I'd get a small reward. Obviously these "mission" would have to be restricted to pre-approved building blocks so people don't simply create a missions to do something stupid like "Kill 5 mobs" etc.

That's a cool idea about a Commander assigning missions for pugs. It sort of exists already through map chat. When I was playing WvWvW last night/early AM, About eight of us PUGs were defending Dreamfall Bay versus a Henge zerg. When we got Henge to give up, someone from War Machine (I believe) asked the pugs to go to a nearby supply camp and deal with a Jade Quarry group sniping Dolyaks.

There's a public voicechat for SBI which I haven't gone on yet, but I plan to once I start to play more consistent WvWvW.

BillyBats

Banned
The inability to cope with contrary opinions is what turns OTs into annoying, insular communities no one from the outside wants to touch.

Just sayin'.

Your guild, your rules. But this is GAF, and if the guy wants to complain, he's free to do it.

At some point, doesn't the OT become a place just for the fans? I have my problems with the game but they are heavily outnumbered by the positives. I feel no need to express these problems in the OT at this point. Soon, someone will create a thread "Who hated GW2 and why?" Perhaps I'll post my problems there.

The way I see it, and I'm probably wrong, is the OT's are for the fans. For example...I hate, hate, hate Mario games now. You will never me in a Mario OT bitching about the controls, music, or graphics of the latest Mario release. Let the fans have their place to jerk all over themselves. Again, someone WILL create the "Who thought Mario so and so was shitty?" I'll post there.

I'm a big TOR fan. There are people in this thread that would come into the TOR OT and post lies and generally just shit on the game and say "HA HA Free to Play." Some will say that they just have contrary opinions. I say they are being assholes.

etiolate

Banned
That's one of the outcomes, as were heartseeker thieves. But I hate it from a mechanic perspective period, which seems to undermine the actually pvp strategy.

I think quickness is okay when it's a scarce boon with cost attached to it. I think it's problematic to attach it to a weapon sigil which gives easy access to the boon.

Piecake

I think i remember Spike Spiegal asking about the THF hood a while back

Found this on Reddit. Its basically a way to get your unique starter headpiece or shoulders back

That hood is the only medium armor hood in the game? Damnit..
Edit: I just came across this, gonna try it tonight:
Googled a bit, here’s what I found:
1.) Make a new thief with hood.
2.) Have another character buy a cheap mask. NOTED: This mask needs to be white or blue name (This is important)
3.) Put said mask in bank.
4.) Log onto the new thief with hood.
5.) Now you can transmute the mask into hood.
6.) Put the new transmuted hood into bank
7.) Go into your current thief and then take out the transmuted hood.
8.) Now you can transmute the hood with any mask

So if any of you engineers want to wear a THF hood, this is the way to do it

etiolate

Banned
I think i remember Spike Spiegal asking about the THF hood a while back

Found this on Reddit. Its basically a way to get your unique starter headpiece or shoulders back

So if any of you engineers want to wear a THF hood, this is the way to do it

I assume you could do this same thing with Engineer goggles and Mesmer masks.

Trey

Your guild, your rules. But this is GAF, and if the guy wants to complain, he's free to do it.

Of course he is. I feel like the defenders of this game - myself included - have been reasonable so far. People have espoused negative opinions against GW2 since the first BWE, and a good sum of them have been received cordially and even agreed upon. It's when boys roll through with that "this game/feature set is shit, fanboys, open your eyes!" meta commentary do the regulars take issue. Subjective topics have been debated on both sides, but some of those disparaging the game take up this ridiculous persecution complex as if the majority actually want to stifle open discussion in such a way. The friction is more apparent in a game such as this because two very different schools of thought clash over what is and should be.

The OT is for the game, not the fans.

Kalnos

Banned
Subjective topics have been debated on both sides, but some of those disparaging the game take up this ridiculous persecution complex as if the majority actually want to stifle open discussion in such a way. The friction is more apparent in a game such as this because two very different schools of thought clash over what is and should be.

This goes both ways. A lot of the 'defenders' take any criticism as a personal insult, as do many people in OTs.

Trey

This goes both ways. A lot of the 'defenders' take any criticism as a personal insult, as do many people in OTs.

I haven't been involved in every debate over the merits of GW2, but even if that were true (probably), this did not preclude them from making a reasonable counterpoint to the criticisms. The only time I've actually seen such a claim was when someone would argue against a criticism of the game in which some thought was an indefensible flaw.

It's completely possible I'm overlooking instances where a defender of GW2 would attack a dissenting opinion and its owner in a way that wasn't conducive to discussion at all. Last time it happened that I can recall, Retro got bumped. The "this game ain't for you"s have abated for the most part.

Boken

Banned
WvWvW realllllly needs a come back mechanic.

Eredon Terrace kicking both Isle's ass and SoS's ass.

Also... why'd I get kicked from GAF guild : (

I think the Quickness burst is too high. I know a lot of classes have ways to deal with 4s of burst, but before you can react you'll take a lot of damage already. Quickness is so versatile as well. But I think the issue is more with HS thieves lol

etiolate

Banned
Some screens of what the cosmetic Boxing Gloves do:

irlHwQxmJYebs.png

iZFTdtfJuVDku.png

Hoo-doo

Banned
Sooo... With the banhammer swinging wildly, is there a possibility for people like me to get into the "real" GAF guild? :D

(Timothius.6127 - 121+ hours played - 669 AP)

Ken

I'm glad they got nerfed. People need to play the game the right way. However, there is a ton of CoF gear just everywhere on my server :/

The rich get richer, I guess.

I'm in full CoF gear myself and CoF runs also funded my exotic trinkets. Can't really blame people for taking advantage of it.

leng jai

The experience you got from doing dungeons was a bit ridiculous. CM takes about 25 minutes and you got 70% of a level every time...

Ken

It's not really an exploit. You still have to run the dungeon. Really, I would have rather them tackle a more pressing issue. And the nerf doesn't actually address the problem with the dungeon.

Wait I guess I misunderstood your comment lol.

Anyways, taking forever trying to find a CoE ex. party; place is empty.

Stuart444

I hope they fixed Honor of the Waves - that place I couldn't get into last night.

Was it because of the "everyone not in the same instance" bug?

If so, I had that when I tried it but we all reset our own instances by going to CM, entering story mode which we were able to enter and all appear in the same instance and then going back to HotW and entering and we were able to all appear in the same instance properly.

If it's something else, I don't know what's wrong as the only bug with entering dungeons that I encountered is the one I posted above.

J0dy77

I just hit level 70 after solo grinding most of the game thus far and my enthusiasm is really starting to wane. It seems like the later zones aren't as fun as the earlier. I'm having a really hard time finding events. It's basically become go from one heart to the next, kill "x" until the bar fills and repeat. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
•Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.

Hilarious.

In other news, Mesmer skill "The Prestige" was not working as intended. Meaning the only thing I like about Mesmer was actually broken. Want to talk about feeling like Batman, being able to plop into invisbility for a second, almost every moment, felt great.

I just hit level 70 after solo grinding most of the game thus far and my enthusiasm is really starting to wane. It seems like the later zones aren't as fun as the earlier. I'm having a really hard time finding events. It's basically become go from one heart to the next, kill "x" until the bar fills and repeat. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Later zones simply look desolate and lack the charm almost every other zone has. In addition, half the hearts/events are broken. It's around that time that I busted out crafting for experience.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
are they purposely ignoring all the bugged skils and traits with necros ?

TheYanger

At some point, doesn't the OT become a place just for the fans? I have my problems with the game but they are heavily outnumbered by the positives. I feel no need to express these problems in the OT at this point. Soon, someone will create a thread "Who hated GW2 and why?" Perhaps I'll post my problems there.

The way I see it, and I'm probably wrong, is the OT's are for the fans. For example...I hate, hate, hate Mario games now. You will never me in a Mario OT bitching about the controls, music, or graphics of the latest Mario release. Let the fans have their place to jerk all over themselves. Again, someone WILL create the "Who thought Mario so and so was shitty?" I'll post there.

I'm a big TOR fan. There are people in this thread that would come into the TOR OT and post lies and generally just shit on the game and say "HA HA Free to Play." Some will say that they just have contrary opinions. I say they are being assholes.

That's because they ARE being assholes. There's a difference between saying something inflammatory with no backing, and trying to debate the faults of a game. You can disagree with me all you want, but nobody can try and say that I don't present my arguments for my stance.

I'm glad they got nerfed. People need to play the game the right way. However, there is a ton of CoF gear just everywhere on my server :/

I'm rolling my eyes SO god damn hard right now. God forbid any of the dungeons not sap all will to live from the explorable mode grind.

Dunlop

Later zones simply look desolate and lack the charm almost every other zone has. In addition, half the hearts/events are broken. It's around that time that I busted out crafting for experience.
This is what I started to do as the later levels are just so buggy and not fun
Cooking levels you retardedly fast. I went from 72 to 75 in about 30 minutes. But now I'm stuck, my skills us 165 but all my recipes except 2 dyes that need a crazy amount of mats are Grey. I can't seem to find anymore discoveries, anyone have a link to a recent guide?

Violet_0

Banned
in before CoF explorable nerf! My 80 engineer

CoF bracers, shoulders and leg armor, Priory chest armor, tier 2 medium cultural boots (here's a tip for all Asura players - cultural armor boots look always better)

and by farming CoF, I was able to get enough gold for the cultural tier 3 light helm for my Mesmer (lvl 74 currently)

Violet_0

Banned
So the final boss of CoF Ex first path (the super weapon) is at best highly overtuned and at worst bugged. Drops crystals which you can kill that give him a regen buff if he's within a very large radius of them. They drop so fast though that killing them and him prevented us from getting him below say 98% health.

Crystals need to be weaker or drop less often.

I think it might be theoretically possible with perfect composition/execution but was leagues beyond anything else we ran into.

never forget

the rest of the dungeon was pretty cool though, I loved the room with the burning boulders, and the part that comes afterwards

Violet_0

Banned
It was terrible.

but at least it was beatable!

(can't be said about most explorable paths)

Has anyone else been using the Reddit trick to preview TP items? I've been doing it the past day or so and found a TON of good looking exotics that just have a simple icon..so you can't tell how awesome they really look until you preview them. I suspect once we get preview/people figure out how to do it with this workaround, then prices will skyrocket on some of the weapons.

I ... I need to know how to do this

Ken

but at least it was beatable!

(can't be said about most explorable paths)

I don't get why they don't work on fixing those first then. @_@

Guess it took us about 2 hours to complete. No one in our party had done it before (and a few had never done story mode either). I guess it's not a difficult dungeon but it's just not fun either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom