• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Questions about runes because the game lacks instructions and Wikis are written in confusing ways:

1) Can I stack the effects of a minor, medium and superior rune?

2) When adding multiple of the same rune, are those effects stacking or are they upgraded? (+3 on 1st rune, +6 on 2nd rune = +6 or +9 total?)

jersoc

Questions about runes because the game lacks instructions and Wikis are written in confusing ways:

1) Can I stack the effects of a minor, medium and superior rune?

2) When adding multiple of the same rune, are those effects stacking or are they upgraded? (+3 on 1st rune, +6 on 2nd rune = +6 or +9 total?)

if you're asking if you can buy 2 minors and 1 superior to get 3rd bonus. no. same type.

they are upgraded. if says 10+ to stat then +20. it's not 30. at least so i've read in a few places. never actually tested it, but it makes more sense that way too.

still can't log in either.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
In some good news

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/story/End-Story-Loot-spoilers/page/2#post175633
Jeffrey Vaughn Content Designer said:
It’s my understanding that the final reward will be corrected for people who complete the step, and we’ll be doing something for people who have already completed the story. It shouldn’t matter if you already opened the bags, or have them untouched, since we don’t want to punish people who (in good faith) opened up the rewards and got a bunch of low level items.

BrettWeir

Uh....I just got to the character select screen, and my toon now has all of her old armor on. I transmuted some expensive shit earlier. It better all still be in my bags/bank.

Trey

Uh....I just got to the character select screen, and my toon now has all of her old armor on. I transmuted some expensive shit earlier. It better all still be in my bags/bank.

Armor doesn't update immediately on the character select screen. You still have your armor.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
if you're asking if you can buy 2 minors and 1 superior to get 3rd bonus. no. same type.

they are upgraded. if says 10+ to stat then +20. it's not 30. at least so i've read in a few places. never actually tested it, but it makes more sense that way too.

I meant if you could stack 1 minor with a superior. Like a minor gives +5 and a superior gives +10, could I put both into separate armor pieces and get +15?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Let me in!!

f63ul.png

bjb

Banned
So is PvE endgame basically just boring dungeon grinds to obtain aesthetic gear? Because I'd really prefer some raids or something.

BrettWeir

So is PvE endgame basically just boring dungeon grinds to obtain aesthetic gear? Because I'd really prefer some raids or something.

Sorry man. This isn't WoW or /insert clone name here. There's PvP and WvW, which are both huge. There's crafting. There's world completion. There's jump puzzles.

KePoW

Banned
Sorry man. This isn't WoW or /insert clone name here. There's PvP and WvW, which are both huge. There's crafting. There's world completion. There's jump puzzles.

For people who prefer PvE, that's kinda weak.

(I still bought the game and ANet have their money, so don't jump me)

Seventh

I meant if you could stack 1 minor with a superior. Like a minor gives +5 and a superior gives +10, could I put both into separate armor pieces and get +15?

Yes, they should stack since they're different runes. You'll only get the first bonus tier for each of the runes though, they both won't count towards the second bonus.

The rune bonuses are cumulative. If you have a rune that gives +10 with one rune, and +20 with two runes, you'll get +30 to your stats with both runes equipped.

_woLf

It's disappointing because I read somewhere like a year ago they wanted the game to launch with like 7-8 minigames. We only have one, and it's....meh.

jersoc

Yes, they should stack since they're different runes. You'll only get the first bonus tier for each of the runes though, they both won't count towards the second bonus.

The rune bonuses are cumulative. If you have a rune that gives +10 with one rune, and +20 with two runes, you'll get +30 to your stats with both runes equipped.

just tested, they do indeed stack. no idea why people said otherwise then.

that's even better.

I never see keg football being discussed, do people even know it exists in game?

I gave it a quick go when GAF tried to get a team together, but I think the lack of 'Group Joining' puts people off. Seems a nice idea, but the design is pretty 'laggy' not server lag, just the way the game works with the action bars.

TheYanger

Do the puzzles and completion, then there's no pve to do besides that no.w
No, instanced raids. Raids are just a part of PVE.
I hope you don't mean the dragons, because those are just DEs with HP sponges and nifty animations, not 'raids' by any metric people use.

Manik

Make sure you're not forcing AA or any other settings in your video card control panel.

Nope, not forcing AA through the graphics card control panel. Have tried windows mode and that still just crashes the whole display, same as in full screen mode.

My specs are - here, but I'm completely at a loss as to what else I can do, aside from wait for ANet / NVidia to pull a magic patch out.

Bento

Yey! Hit 80 today and done all but kill Zhaitan in my personal story :eek:) Looking to start doing some dungeons and am wondering if the Euro GAF guild is still up and running?

TheYanger

Yes, people. As in if someone says "are there raids" the answer is no, because nobody talks about raids as big clusters of ungrouped people just whacking at a mob with a billion hp with nothing else to it.

I'm not saying the game needs them, but it's disingenuous if someone says "are there raids" to say "Go do dynamic events" which is all that the dragons are.

Teknoman

I'm sure they'll add some new dungeons to explore, the game hasnt been out that long. Of course, i'm still low level so I really dont have much to input there.

docbon

I hope you don't mean the dragons, because those are just DEs with HP sponges and nifty animations, not 'raids' by any metric people use.

Dragons??? I thought those were flying loot pinatas.

I do hope the dragon encounters get some love. I couldn't wait to get to level 50 to fight the shatterer, and when I did, I couldn't believe how disappointing of an actual battle it was. Just a zerg of dudes with magic find gear hammering the 1 key, all looking for easy yellows to turn into ectos.

edit: Dragons aside, would you consider the zone event chain in the Harathi Hinterlands to be similar to a raid in other MMOs?

Pharros

Hey guys, I went to buy this game on the website through digital release but it says to try again later. Any idea why this is or for how long?

"edit: Dragons aside, would you consider the zone event chain in the Harathi Hinterlands to be similar to a raid in other MMOs?"

There is really no analog to raids in GW2 at all. Whether that's good or bad is up to you, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom