• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
does GW2 have player housing and if not have they alluded to it for the future?

No housing, but they have said it (and Guild Halls) would be coming post-launch sometime.

There is an individual player instance that can change based on decisions made in the personal story, but its not the type of "Player Housing" you are talking about (like what was found in EQ2, LOTRO, Vanguard, etc).

FinKL

Since I can't fucking decide between Thief and Ranger, let's do it this way.

Which one of these classes is more efficient in all aspects of the game? PvE, structured PvP, WvWvW?

If GW1 is any indictation, Ranger. To me, the Thief is the 1v1 / ganker of the classes, but it has a lot of utility skills for crowd control

vaelic

Banned
No housing, but they have said it (and Guild Halls) would be coming post-launch sometime.

There is an individual player instance that can change based on decisions made in the personal story, but its not the type of "Player Housing" you are talking about (like what was found in EQ2, LOTRO, Vanguard, etc).

gotcha. thanks!

Llyranor

For those of you not sure which class to pick as your 'main', I'd suggest just making the characters you're potentially interested in and just jump into sPvP as soon as you can (ie. within 5 mins of the new game starting). That way, you can try out all the skills and traits and experiment, to see if that class suits you. I find it such a better easier way of finding out if you'll like a class rather than investing hours and hours into it and finding out that ultimately you're not feeling it.

chiablo

does GW2 have player housing and if not have they alluded to it for the future?

I never understood the purpose of player housing. I had one in LOTRO, I spent a good while decorating it, and putting my well-earned achievements on the walls and out on the front lawn... then realized that this is the stupidest thing ever, left the building and never returned.

RotBot

I never understood the purpose of player housing. I had one in LOTRO, I spent a good while decorating it, and putting my well-earned achievements on the walls and out on the front lawn... then realized that this is the stupidest thing ever, left the building and never returned.

It's useful on RP servers, I guess. Gotta have some private place for all that cybersex.

Sethos

Banned
I wanna join an RP server, just run around with a Charr and say "WrararRRArararararrrrrr". Wonder how long till they ban me.

I usually don't bother either. EverQuest II was an exception, though; I decorated my house and I even role-played, which I also don't normally do. But I was in a guild full of people that enjoyed those things, so I guess it rubbed off on me.

ReRixo

Banned
I placed a pre-order with the cheapest place I could find, but I haven't received a pre-order key, and I doubt I will receive one. Does this mean I can't get the 1 day headstart?

Is there a link to the client download? I bought the game and want to download it, but I cannot use my old NCSoft account that I used before until customer support resets my password.

ParityBit

I placed a pre-order with the cheapest place I could find, but I haven't received a pre-order key, and I doubt I will receive one. Does this mean I can't get the 1 day headstart?

In life, you learn that you get what you pay for :( Still time to get the key sent to you though!

Core Zero

I played a little bit in BWE3, was already interested, but that got me to prepurchase, so I'll be around when the servers go live. Norn Engineer to start (I think... so many good choices). I definitely think this will be a great game, but I'm hoping we'll see some alternate sPvP gametypes sooner rather than later. Capture and hold is good, but the modular ability design really gives them a lot of options in building creative games (like Keg Brawl).

That said, I expect there to be plenty to do at launch for the $60 buy-in.

FinKL

Is there a link to the client download? I bought the game and want to download it, but I cannot use my old NCSoft account that I used before until customer support resets my password.

Start Downloading the GW2 Client! Same client as beta/stress test/retail.

What's so awesome is that it doesn't leave a foot print (no install/uninstall) so you can delete whenever or transfer around without it going crazy looking for specific files

Personal housing reminds me of Ultima Online! Summoning Blade Spirits into other peoples houses, or to the street while staying in my house balcony! Good times lol

Never been so pumped for a game since UO!

Levyne

Banned
I'm pumped. Recently I've been falling asleep as soon as I get home so hopefully I can get myself up before Midnight after the day, Friday.

zlatko

Banned
God I wish this game had a H2H class AKA Monk.

gallery_3318_197_46353.png

2nd Row 2nd from the left = 100% Monk attire.

Killer

Banned
I played Rift and SWTOR and got bored quickly. what i read about this game is exciting(Dynamic events, WvsW etc) but when i see the videos it does look and feel like every other MMO. What am i missing?

JonCha

I played Rift and SWTOR and got bored quickly. what i read about this game is exciting(Dynamic events, WvsW etc) but when i see the videos it does look and feel like every other MMO. What am i missing?

Just play the damn game bloody hell.

Axiom

One of the most appealing things about MMOs before I ever played one was player housing and none of the MMOs I've ever played seriously have had it.

I just want a nice place to call my own that I can kit out with trophies and idle in without being in Org or some such capital. I can't have my cabin in the woods in real life, so let me kit a fake one out for my virtual time sync.

Need to dwell on the things I wish were GW2 so I don't hate everyone in this threads guts until the 28th

I didn't need to save that $15 really!

pyrandes

I have a friend who thinks exactly this way. He doesnt see anything special, and since he's obsessed with his backlog ratio, he's very unlikely to play. Unfort, he's back to playing TOR.

Audioboxer

It does something differently, and it feels more 'connected'. It's the difference of say wolves in WoW just standing around doing fuck all but your quest says they're attacking a village and need to be dealt with. In the quest you're sent behind the town to a barren forest where wolves just plod along doing nothing.

In GW2 it would show wolves entering and attacking the village, and then depending on whether they're defeated, a new quest spawning relating to the outcome.

It's still a game, people might need to scale back the expectations of some REAL LIVING WORLD, but it sure as hell beats situations like in WoW that just don't make any sense and lack flair/involvement.

Does anyone know if there is currently a way to verify that I have linked my Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 accounts? I think I did when I registered for GW2, but I can't remember for sure.

Killer

Banned
Just play the damn game bloody hell.

not helpful :/.

I have a friend who thinks exactly this way. He doesnt see anything special, and since he's obsessed with his backlog ratio, he's very unlikely to play. Unfort, he's back to playing TOR.

i guess the game appeals to GW1 players/MMO fans mostly. I do have a backlog but hype is getting to me :p.

Audίoboxer;41327984 said:
It does something differently, and it feels more 'connected'. It's the difference of say wolves in WoW just standing around doing fuck all but your quest says they're attacking a village and need to be dealt with. In the quest you're sent behind the town to a barren forest where wolves just plod along doing nothing.

In GW2 it would show wolves entering and attacking the village, and then depending on whether they're defeated, a new quest spawning relating to the outcome.

It's still a game, people might need to scale back the expectations of some REAL LIVING WORLD, but it sure as hell beats situations like in WoW that just don't make any sense and lack flair/involvement.

Yeah i noticed that in the videos. i liked how the quests evolve and expand naturally rather than talking to this or that NPC to get new quests.

Audίoboxer;41327984 said:

LOOOL never really thought about it that way! Really is ridiculous lolol

Lmo911

God I wish this game had a H2H class AKA Monk.

My money's on Canthan expansion for some Kung Fu fighting. Probably a weapon set instead of class though (Cetus? Gloves? Knuckles?) that gives multiple professions the ability to throw down up close. Or they could bring back dwarven boxing! :x

Jira

So has it been discussed the fastest way of leveling up in the game? I noticed you can't really just do your story line without doing other stuff. I noticed a jump in levels when doing just that. Best gear drops definitely seem to be from story though from what I've seen

Slow down. Trying to do things as quickly as possible will actually make you level slower.

I can't imagine why anyone would pick swtor over gw2. You'd have to be a massive star wars fan I suspect cause it is a pretty terrible mmo. This coming from someone who was very hyped for that game.

So I watched a few videos of Engineer and I'm confused why most battles I don't see them using big ass muskets, and instead I see streams of fire and green gas.

Those are weapon kits. They will still either have the rifle, dual pistols or pistol/shield combo and the weapon kits add to their existing repertoire.

Has anyone bought this off of Green Man Gaming? When will you be able to download it?

Add the code you get from GMG to your Guild Wars account or create a new one (head to http://register.guildwars2.com/) and it'll give you the download client link from your account page. Open the launcher and then let it download.

daebo

Dumb question but I'm at work and can't find out...

If I pre order today, will i get early access starting tomorrow?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

zlatko

Banned
I can't imagine why anyone would pick swtor over gw2. You'd have to be a massive star wars fan I suspect cause it is a pretty terrible mmo.

I enjoyed my time with KOTOR, but I just can't justify paying the monthly fee when I was only able to log in a few hours a week at most.

pyrandes

I can't imagine why anyone would pick swtor over gw2. You'd have to be a massive star wars fan I suspect cause it is a pretty terrible mmo.

My buddy pretty much is. So am I really, but once I hit 40 on 2 chars, the world felt very empty with not much to do.

GW2 on the other hand has a ton of things to do outside of the rote killing of mobs/fetching, and even thos can lead to something else as like a mini story arc within an area (which is cool from what parts of it I saw in Metrica Province)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom