• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakala

My money's on Canthan expansion for some Kung Fu fighting. Probably a weapon set instead of class though (Cetus? Gloves? Knuckles?) that gives multiple professions the ability to throw down up close. Or they could bring back dwarven boxing! :x

Maybe we'll get some kung fu pandas

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question but I'm at work and can't find out...

If I pre order today, will i get early access starting tomorrow?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Nah, with a pre-order you`ll get 1 day headstart. You need to pre-purchase to get the weekend.

edit: goddamn I'm slow.

Those are weapon kits. They will still either have the rifle, dual pistols or pistol/shield combo and the weapon kits add to their existing repertoire.

Add the code you get from GMG to your Guild Wars account or create a new one (head to ) and it'll give you the download client link from your account page. Open the launcher and then let it download.

Thanks! Did you get your code as soon as your bought the game?

Whoa!! You can't speak that foreign tongue in my guild sir! You are forever banished to Reddit's guild.

¿Y supongo que yo tampoco puedo hablar en castellano?
Nihongo de wa ii desu ka?

(Just in case it isn't obvious or something, I have no intention to speak in Spanish in guild chat, even if there's other Spanish speakers present. I know it's the rudest and most inconsiderate thing to do. Just sayin' in case someone thinks I'm not entirely joking and I'm going to be "that guy". :p).

dorkimoe

Only got to play for about 5 minutes during the stress test because it kept kicking me :( still dont know if I like the game or not. Guess I'll decide this weekend

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Norn Guardian... Norn Guardian... NORN GUARDIAN.

The more I keep telling myself the more pumped I get. WHO'S WITH ME.

Smiley90

I am! That's what I'm rolling.

did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

Jira

Authenticators confirmed from some data in the dat:

https://sites.google.com/site/jumptovictory/guild-wars-2-update-tracking
Ok so first of all, yes it's old already (build 14,953, 2012-08-05) but some people care about authentication and I saw people asking about mobile authentication:

So here out of the Gw2.exe:
- Mobile authentication
-> String in the exe: You've enabled and linked the <i>Guild Wars 2</i> Authenticator to your account. Please use the app to authenticate this log-in.
- Email authentication
-> String in the exe: You've enabled e-mail authentication for this account. Since you're logging in from a new IP address, you're required to authenticate using the e-mail that has been sent to you. Please click the link provided to authenticate this log-in.

Smiley90

Oh, question too:

In the previous BWE's the guild cap was low and we needed multiple guilds, how will it be determined who gets in the main and who gets in the "second" guild? At least until we've gathered enough money to raise the cap.
Are we gonna do a fundraiser for that? I'd be down, everyone spends x silver to buy the guild stuff and increase the limit.

Jira

Oh, question too:

In the previous BWE's the guild cap was low and we needed multiple guilds, how will it be determined who gets in the main and who gets in the "second" guild? At least until we've gathered enough money to raise the cap.
Are we gonna do a fundraiser for that? I'd be down, everyone spends x silver to buy the guild stuff and increase the limit.

First come first serve is probably the most fair way to go about it. Right now it's not an issue as I don't think we've quite hit 500 yet. We're currently at 399 on gafguild.com, though that doesn't account for people who haven't signed up yet.

Kem0sabe

Anything different in your account page that shows that your ready to go? My account screen never changed since i bought the head start version.

1. Bought game through GW2 site
2. Key was listed but i chose to login to my account directly from the link shown at that screen (where it shows your key)
3. Brought me to my account screen and thats it.

Before the latest stress test you could call a target (Ctrl-T) and it would show you the real mesmer and the mesmer's location if they cloaked. Now when a mesmer does anything that involves clones or stealth it'll drop the called target icon.

I didn't know about that, and that's awesome. :)

KarmaCow

Just want to make sure, there aren't any benefits for preordering other than early access and some ring right? If not, I'll just wait till release date to buy it.

nataku

They did last stress test.

Before the latest stress test you could call a target (Ctrl-T) and it would show you the real mesmer and the mesmer's location if they cloaked. Now when a mesmer does anything that involves clones or stealth it'll drop the called target icon.

Did you test that? I saw a post over on Guru saying otherwise, but then again it's Guru. I'll trust your word over them. :p

It's good they fixed it, then. That was a pretty huge issue for Mesmers in PvP, even more so than any mechanic issues they currently have IMO.

Jira

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/claiming-your-hall-of-monuments-rewards/

First, you need to be sure you’ve established your own Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars: Eye of the North. That’s sort of a given, isn’t it? :)

Second, you need to link your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts.

If all that is in order, every character you create on your Guild Wars 2 account automatically will receive a special in-game item: the Hall of Monuments Portal Stone.

Simply activate the Portal Stone to transport yourself to the Eye of the North. Once there, speak with our old friend Kimmes the Historian (in his newer, slightly less-corporeal state) and he’ll show you a list of Hall of Monument reward items you have unlocked. You can select any of the items, at any time, for any character you make on your account.

Use the Hall of Monuments Portal Stone again to transport yourself (and your rewards) back to your former location. It’s that easy.

HoM_C-590x331.jpg

I got a code on the purchase screen and on the activation email they sent me shortly after also there's a "Keys" tab in your account screen.

Damn, I just bought it and it said any required keys will be available on the 28th..Did you buy yours before the three day headstart was over?

Jack_AG

Banned
Damn... I wont be able to finish the house project by friday... looks like i'll have to break from it for the weekend for some GW2!

chiablo

I bought mine back in July when they still had prepurchase keys. So I guess you're kind of stuck at the moment.

If you bought through Amazon, you should have gotten a "promotional code". This code is (what I assume) what gives you access to the 3-day head start.

Did you test that? I saw a post over on Guru saying otherwise, but then again it's Guru. I'll trust your word over them. :p

It's good they fixed it, then. That was a pretty huge issue for Mesmers in PvP, even more so than any mechanic issues they currently have IMO.

I'm 90% sure because calling target on them while fighting them in sPvP in stress test 9 was next to useless because it kept dropping off.

I guess we find out for sure in a day and a half.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If last night's stress test was good for something, it was learning that the scepter is good shit for a guardian. Smite isn't that great, but the other two seem pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom