• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

B00TE

Okay cool. Just confused how it will work though. Put in a code on Monday and it'll only let you have 24 hour access before you have to put in the disc key Tuesday?

I think so. That depends if Anet gives you any kind of 'grace' period to get your copy. When Tera released, we got an extra day or two to get our keys.

Proven

Okay cool. Just confused how it will work though. Put in a code on Monday and it'll only let you have 24 hour access before you have to put in the disc key Tuesday?
You'll have a little more than just 24 hours, but you will have a limited time before getting locked out.

Forkball

Hmm, I wonder if it's worth maxing out trait trees. You can only max out two by level 80, and you only have enough to get two more skills. I think I want to focus on power and vitality with my thief, but that might make him more of a tanky character. Oh well, I'm probably not good enough to solo people outta nowhere so I need as much health as I can get.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
So is it true, the servers might come up 3 hours early on the 25th?

ArenaNet email said:
Pre-Purchase with 3-Day Headstart: Everyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will enjoy three full days of Headstart Access. The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on 25 August. However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior. If you’re a player committed to getting in first to grab that character name of your dreams you’ll want to be keeping an eye on things during that time period.

So, yes.

Violet_0

Banned
Hmm, I wonder if it's worth maxing out trait trees. You can only max out two by level 80, and you only have enough to get two more skills. I think I want to focus on power and vitality with my thief, but that might make him more of a tanky character. Oh well, I'm probably not good enough to solo people outta nowhere so I need as much health as I can get.

well, depends on your profession and build. Sometimes it's only worth taking 15 points in a tree, sometimes you want 30.

regarding 'tanking', I think that high toughness and persistent healing effects (like regeneration) trump large health pools there.

well, depends on your profession and build. Sometimes it's only worth taking 15 points in a tree, sometimes you want 30.

regarding 'tanking', I think that high toughness and persistent healing effects (like regeneration) trump large health pools there.

Same. Guardian reminds me of a Paladin in WoW...that's why I like that class. tank + healing == win

Forkball

Yeah, I just read that armor refers to general defense while health is related to single big attacks. I guess I'll figure it out as I go along, it's not like I will hit level 80 this weekend (although I fear some will).

zlatko

Banned
So I watched a few videos of Engineer and I'm confused why most battles I don't see them using big ass muskets, and instead I see streams of fire and green gas.

Looks like people are starting to get their copies in the mail:

gw2ce.jpg

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/52764-look-what-arrived-in-the-mail-post-your-gw2-box/

beanman25

Didn't know much about this game, but yesterday out of nowhere I received an invite to the headstart program with a key for the game! Pretty excited, but never played GW1 or any of this beta.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, I just read that armor refers to general defense while health is related to single big attacks. I guess I'll figure it out as I go along, it's not like I will hit level 80 this weekend (although I fear some will).

Imo, those that do are doing themselves a disservice. GW2 is best enjoyed at a slow pace, where you can observe and take in all the details, nooks and crannies.

I bought TERA and stopped playing less than a month after because I can't bother with repetitive questing. My question is, do you think I will love Guild Wars 2 even though I never played the first one and I'm not that into MMORPGs?

If you played Tera for a month you have way more tolerance for MMO shit than me, and most people I know. It took me ten minutes of late beta testing to realize the game was incredibly boring, and even forcing myself to play to see if it got much better, I could only stand a couple of hours before uninstalling.

Seriously, the starting experience in Tera is the most terrible, repetitive, boring questing experience I've had in my life, and I've tried over ten MMOs, both pay and free. Ugh.

Keasar

Looks like people are starting to get their copies in the mail:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7244/gw2ce.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/52764-look-what-arrived-in-the-mail-post-your-gw2-box/[/url][/QUOTE]

Got mine on Monday. :)
[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41245857&postcount=123[/url]
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4mlCl.jpg

Still absolutely love the detail they put in on the paintwork. Maybe a little rough on the armor but the head is excellent.

So I've decided the race, sex and professions I want but now I need to come up with funny, cute or cool names (Have 3 out of 5)

Human Female Thief
Human Male Engineer
Sylvari Female Elementalist
Asura Female Guardian
Norn Male or Female Warrior

Sadly I wish I had more Males in this game but don't like the models, they are very pretty and unattractive for me (want more rugged men) but the females are very attractive (lovely features, cool hair etc).
So I will see you guys in the game where we furiously click log in and we get an error message, disconnects and/or lag. Hopefully it's playable.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a DYNAMIC event?

Boogdud

Completely off-topic, but I love all the doggie avatars people have. :3

Thanks for reminding me! Normally it would be of one of my corgi pups, but I'll use Char Dog instead, in an almost, kind of related way... If you added another "r" maybe. >.>

Jack_AG

Banned
Damn... 12 fps on my 2010 macbook air, everything on low. Specs are a little bit above minimum, so i was hoping for 30 fps...

Guess i will have to wait some years to play the game... :(
You actually might get better performance dual booting Linux and using Wine. Just a thought...

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Since I can't fucking decide between Thief and Ranger, let's do it this way.

Which one of these classes is more efficient in all aspects of the game? PvE, structured PvP, WvWvW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom