• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

picked up the regular version from guildwars.com last night. feels good man.

wbF66.gif

Tomorrow is finally the big day. I went from being 100% sure I was starting with Elementalist to now being unsure between Thief, Ranger, Engineer, and Elementalist. How the hell did the BWE's make it more complicated?

Orayn

Engineer and Ele for me. Not sure what I'll make after those.

Also, 21 pages at 100ppp in just over 2 days... We'll be lucky if this thread lasts us a week. Hype!

Audioboxer

#gamerproblemsolve
Engineer, Warrior,...whatever...

Engineer was quite awesome, but even with the kits, it sucks that they're limited to so few weapons. My MMO brain wiring needs to loosen up a little to get used to the kits.

I'll have an engineer at a later date, guns are pretty sweet in this game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Asura Thief
Sylvari Mesmer
Asura Elementalist I think
Human...? Necromancer (who regrets not joining the circus)
Ummm.... Charr... Guardian... yeah

Ooccoo

I bought TERA and stopped playing less than a month after because I can't bother with repetitive questing. My question is, do you think I will love Guild Wars 2 even though I never played the first one and I'm not that into MMORPGs?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I bought TERA and stopped playing less than a month after because I can't bother with repetitive questing. My question is, do you think I will love Guild Wars 2 even though I never played the first one and I'm not that into MMORPGs?
YES

Audίoboxer;41323142 said:
Engineer was quite awesome, but even with the kits, it sucks that they're limited to so few weapons. My MMO brain wiring needs to loosen up a little to get used to the kits.

I'll have an engineer at a later date, guns are pretty sweet in this game.

Kiting with grenade kit was surprisingly fun. I thought the same as you, that limited weapons would get boring. The one BWE I played engi it didn't get boring for me at least. But grenade kit was the only kit I tried I think...

I never played TERA but this is basically me with SWTOR lol. What a terrible MMO. It wasn't even so much the questing but the put up WAY too many servers and the shitty hero engine couldn't handle many players in one area. The later worlds were all ghost towns pretty much. And then traveling between worlds was such a chore and so many unnecessary steps ugh...I don't want to think about it anymore lol.

It can be a bit repetitive with some things, hearts specifically, but it definitely isn't near as repetitive as TERA. TERA was just offensive in that regard, I couldn't stand it much after the starting area.

Ms. Tea

I played Tera on a weekend pass and was really disappointed by the questing. I loved GW2 though; its quests are really dynamic and enjoyable. Quests are one of the big pluses about GW2; they did a good job of letting you just stumble into quests as they happen, making it enjoyable rather than frustrating to cooperate with other players, and never feel grindy.

So has it been discussed the fastest way of leveling up in the game? I noticed you can't really just do your story line without doing other stuff. I noticed a jump in levels when doing just that. Best gear drops definitely seem to be from story though from what I've seen

Violet_0

Banned
So has it been discussed the fastest way of leveling up in the game? I noticed you can't really just do your story line without doing other stuff. I noticed a jump in levels when doing just that. Best gear drops definitely seem to be from story though from what I've seen

I heard a couple of players managed to reach level 80 over the course of the first two BWEs. Keep in mind that all the lvl 30+ zones were not accessible during that time. It seems to me that doing WvWvW is one if not the fastest way to level up.

Do story missions give Karma?

Jellzy

Neo Member
Asura Thief
Sylvari Mesmer
Asura Elementalist I think
Human...? Necromancer (who regrets not joining the circus)
Ummm.... Charr... Guardian... yeah

Hmm,

Sylvari Ranger
Human Thief
Charr Warrior
Norn Guardian
Asura Engineer or Elementalist

Not fully decided on these as I've picked them as they seem to just fit... Maybe mix it up a bit more.

ss_lemonade

I played Tera on a weekend pass and was really disappointed by the questing. I loved GW2 though; its quests are really dynamic and enjoyable. Quests are one of the big pluses about GW2; they did a good job of letting you just stumble into quests as they happen, making it enjoyable rather than frustrating to cooperate with other players, and never feel grindy.
Sounds good. Man, can't wait to get my copy next week. Been wanting to play something new now

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just gonna recommend again that people make as many characters as they can (the ones you know you wanna keep) on Launch Day cause ANet likes to give birthday presents.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Just gonna recommend again that people make as many characters as they can (the ones you know you wanna keep) on Launch Day cause ANet likes to give birthday presents.
Also in the last stress test, a single character could get two of the prepurchase items.

I found out by making a name typo and not claiming the band, then making a new character and equipping both. Don't know if that applies to deluxe items.

ACE 1991

So if I want to snatch my character name as soon as the servers go live I quickly skip to the end of character creation and name a random character and that name is reserved for my account for 24 hours upon deletion of said character?

Complistic

Human Male Guardian
Sylvari Female Necro
Charr Female Thief
Asura Male Engineer
Haven't decided what my norn will be yet. Ranger maybe.

Hydrogen

Banned
Damn... 12 fps on my 2010 macbook air, everything on low. Specs are a little bit above minimum, so i was hoping for 30 fps...

Guess i will have to wait some years to play the game... :(

Jack_AG

Banned
I'm going to race like a madman for my names minute 1 then delete them and remake them all to my liking. 5 should be OK... for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom