• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

I guess I will just randomly pick a profession when I start the game up, considering that I can't decide.

You know, it would be pretty cool to have a big "?" random button on the class select screen, like a fighting game. I'd honestly consider it at this point. I just can't decide!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Didnt the servers auto-kick you when the timer hit 0 in the BWEs? Thats what I meant...
Oh yeah, but in the real game of GW1 they gave you multiple advance warnings. It's different in these stress tests....
You know, it would be pretty cool to have a big "?" random button on the class select screen, like a fighting game. I'd honestly consider it at this point. I just can't decide!
haha and the race select. Need it

Panda Rin

If I start as human, how do I make it to the asuras starting zone? Is it possible to do it immediately?

Once you reach divinity's reach, press 'b' and head to the eternal battlegrounds. From there, there should be a Lion's Arch portal, go through that. There should be a set of portals in a circular formation toward the middle of Lion's Arch. One of those lead to the asuran beginning area.

badbrains

So, quick question. Are there any "tanks" in GW2?

That's what i usually play, mostly in every MMO so far and plan on sticking with it.

Warrior, Guardian, basically tanks?

That's what i usually play, mostly in every MMO so far and plan on sticking with it.

There are no real tanks but warrior has the highest HP iirc but I think I'd say Guardian is more tanky since it has a ton of heal type abilities like Pally in wow

Guardians get the most clutch blocks, defense skills and shields out of any class. There's no real tank per se but if you get in there at melee and keep the mob's attention you're sort of de facto tanking. But you will need to switch to a ranged weapon and move out from time to time to give yourself a break and heal up.

You can certainly make defensively oriented characters, but, if you're looking for a traditional tank role, with aggro and standing around taking lots of hits, you won't find that here.

Guardians have a ton of heals and condition removal/boon spells but also have the lowest hp of all classes. Warriors don't have too much damage mitigation. Essentially, aggro works on whose closest to the enemy so your group is expected to take turns "tanking"

Anyone? ; ;

I don't think a preorder will get you in, but you can prepurchase (put down $60), get a code from them for the 3 day headstart and do the stress test. but yea its a ~16gb client, idk if you'd have it downloaded in time

Proven

Maybe we'll get some kung fu pandas
That sounds like a great idea. We should put that in the Canthan expansion!

Just did a google image search for "Proven"...

clinically_proven.jpg

I think your avatar is just fine as is.

Anything different in your account page that shows that your ready to go? My account screen never changed since i bought the head start version.

1. Bought game through GW2 site
2. Key was listed but i chose to login to my account directly from the link shown at that screen (where it shows your key)
3. Brought me to my account screen and thats it.
You are absolutely fine. Go play. Today. Then tomorrow night.

Is that 5-6PM Mountain time?

And could I get in if I just did a 5 dollar pre order tonight at Gamestop or?
5-dollar pre-order will only give you the 1-day headstart.
1PM PDT is 2PM MDT. It's in 50 minutes.

Lump has a miniature of Billiechu... things have suddenly become... odd.
Get your anime characters right. I don't even know which character Billiechu's avatar is.

Every character can become a tank in this game. Some tank by constant cripples and immobilize. A Thief tanks by constantly using evade skills in front of the target's face. Warrior and Guardian do have the classic tanking type ability though, so you'll probably want to try out one of those two.

Guardians have a ton of heals and condition removal/boon spells but also have the lowest hp of all classes. Warriors don't have too much damage mitigation. Essentially, aggro works on whose closest to the enemy so your group is expected to take turns "tanking"

Warriors have the highest armor class wearing heavy armor and the highest health pool. They just lack the piles of blocks and shields that Guardians have.

birdchili

you can't really "hold aggro" like you can in many mmo game systems, so "tanking" isn't really something you can do in the conventional sense.

there are certainly skills that help defend allies.

zlatko

Banned
Mountain Time? What the hell is that. You guys have way too many different time zones. Enchanted Forest Time. Mountain Time. Eastern Time. Central Time. Planet Endor Time. Wookie Fun time Hour.

Wookie time is best time.

Thanks for the info guys, seems I'm screwed either way. Can't be on in 50 minutes, and sure as shit can't download the client that fast. :p

Proven

It's just four. Pacific, Mountain, Central, then Eastern. Honestly, Eastern is the one that makes the most sense, since everyone knows the Eastern Seabord, the North Eastern States, New York City, etc.

Edit: Ok, I lied. There are two more time zones that Americans worry about, but they're exclusive to Alaska and Hawaii each.

Warriors have the highest armor class wearing heavy armor and the highest health pool. They just lack the piles of blocks and shields that Guardians have.

Ah sorry, yea i was referring to the blocks and shielding when i meant damage mitigation, great personal survivability but I can't see them being built too defensively, not when there are so many fun dps skills ;)

It's just four. Pacific, Mountain, Central, then Eastern. Honestly, Eastern is the one that makes the most sense, since everyone knows the Eastern Seabord, the North Eastern States, New York City, etc.

Edit: Ok, I lied. There are two more time zones that Americans worry about, but they're exclusive to Alaska and Hawaii each.

You guys should just roll with the Galactic Standard Time like everyone else in the Universe.

Engineer seemed 'new' and interesting to me.

Warrior is pretty much what you'd expect.
Guardian is Paladin more or less.
Elementalist is your run of the mill Mage
Mesmer was interesting in that you have to work out the best way to play it
Necromancer is like your Warlocks
Thief is your standard DPS type of deal, the steal mechanic seems interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom