• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
STRESS TEST TODAY!

We will be conducting a Stress Test TODAY from 1:00 PM PDT to 2:00 PM PDT.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game.

Please note:

* The Stress Test is open to anyone who has pre-PURCHASED Guild Wars 2.
* You will not be able to purchase gems.

Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

~RB

God Dammit!
Will be busy, playing soccer for my company team. Ugh!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
STRESS TEST TODAY!

We will be conducting a Stress Test TODAY from 1:00 PM PDT to 2:00 PM PDT.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game.

Please note:

* The Stress Test is open to anyone who has pre-PURCHASED Guild Wars 2.
* You will not be able to purchase gems.

Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

~RB

someone tell me the german time then. gw2status isn't updated yet.

edit: 22:00 Uhr

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
That's just... a weird way of looking at it as I understand it.

You can only play WvW from your home server. Your guild.... doesn't really matter for WvW. I mean, of course you'll be playing with them, but guilds don't "enter" WvW.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. They're my old guild from another game and they're saying that if I join them from a different server, they wont be able to do World vs World..

Uhm, guys.. your head moves at -anything- you've locked as a target (with tab). If it's bigger, you look up, if it's smaller, you look down ;)

Its not just your head that'll move either, when you swing your weapons they'll change the angle of attack based on the size of what you are targetting. There was a bug a couple stress tests ago where this caused everyone to aim at the target's feet lol.

mrNTE

Yes, tress test!

Also this is awesome:
image.php

Einbroch

Banned
So this whole "no downtime" thing is cool and all, but are we given any advanced warning about when we should log? I'd hate to be in the middle of a dungeon or WvW and suddenly a five minute warning flashes out of nowhere.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, tress test!

Also this is awesome:
image.php

It's the Wereraven. I should probably save one of my slots for a Norn.

So this whole "no downtime" thing is cool and all, but are we given any advanced warning about when we should log? I'd hate to be in the middle of a dungeon or WvW and suddenly a five minute warning flashes out of nowhere.
Messages pop on screen, they've already even done this in the betas. "The world is collapsing in 5 minutes" or something. I might be exaggerating.

Lump has a miniature of Billiechu... things have suddenly become... odd.

It was around 2 minutes during one of the last stress tests when they hit a patch mid way through.

I think Einboch is referring to the warning when servers come down for patches.

It'd be nice if you were inside an instanced area (such as a dungeon) that you'd be able to finish and relog upon completion to complete the patch similar to how it worked in GW1. It probably isn't feasible with how GW2 works though. Hopefully the short warnings during betas were simply because you only had a very limited amount of play time. It would be nice if a patch was incoming they sent out announcements 2-hours in advanced and then every 15 minutes or whatever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think Einboch is referring to the warning when servers come down for patches.
That typically doesn't happen. If there's a patch, they do it in-place and you just have to relog. He was asking how long in advance they give you warning that you'll need to quit.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If I start as human, how do I make it to the asuras starting zone? Is it possible to do it immediately?

Get to Lion's Arch (either via pvp-> Heart of the mists -> portal or use the standard Asura Portal in Divinity's Reach), head north-west-ish to the portal zone in LA, take the portal to Rata Sum, done.

That typically doesn't happen. If there's a patch, they do it in-place and you just have to relog. He was asking how long in advance they give you warning that you'll need to quit.

Didnt the servers auto-kick you when the timer hit 0 in the BWEs? Thats what I meant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom