• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

Oh, just an FYI for anyone else who might not know this (I didn't), but if you bought the physical CE you get $5 off the OST regardless of whether or not you bought the OST already.

Info here.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll make a Charr Necro to spit in everyone's preconceptions. (serious, my 5th char will be Chart Warrior or Necro, leaning more towards Necro)

Also thanks fot the naming conventions link, I'll work with that tonight/tmrw at work.

I can't check right now, but are there links to videos of all classes in the OP? If not, why not? :D

Huh never knew Arenanet had economists on hand

John Smith on the Guild Wars 2 Virtual Economy

commerce-infographic-EN.png

zulfate

ok tacos and enchiladas how are you guys/gals prepping for the END OF OUR LIFES?

so far i will have plenty of:

fruits(must try and stay healthy)
coke
pizza
chips
cheesy poofs! ( south park reference)
pot pies
mozzarella sticks

and anything fattening, oh yes! then hammer in your computer room and get ready

Trey

ok tacos and enchiladas how are you guys/gals prepping for the END OF OUR LIFES?

coke
pizza
chips
pot pies
mozzarella sticks

Probably gonna do some computer maintenance tomorrow first thing. I already bought my headset, so all that is left is getting a solid dinner and waiting until the wee hours of the morning for the game to go live. Will probably have some water on hand.

Probably gonna do some computer maintenance tomorrow first thing. I already bought my headset, so all that is left is getting a solid dinner and waiting until the wee hours of the morning for the game to go live. Will probably have some water on hand.

Or you could nap all day and play all night :3

Piecake

Huh never knew Arenanet had economists on hand

John Smith on the Guild Wars 2 Virtual Economy

Wait, so that crafting graph is simply measuring how popular each crafting discipline is? Pretty surprising that Jewelery was super popular if so (really wish professions were properly named Classes so we could call crafting professions without it being confusing)

Be interesting to see if theyve done any research on the average cost of leveling each profession. Thats what i thought it was at first, and i was like, no fucking way am i doing Jeweler

Piecake

My .dat file is sitting at 17.1 gigs, so I'll say around that number.

Work and the general pursuit of money fells that idea.

call in sick?

But yea, my plan is to go to work (blah), but go to bed by 10. Then wake up at 2 to get my characters and server. Go back to bed and then wake up at 7 and play ALL DAY LONG

Or you could nap all day and play all night :3

This is exactly what my gf and I are planning to do. Each game launch we always say we are going to stay up and play all night, then by 3 am we are both falling asleep at our keyboards. This time around we cleared out schedule during the day, plan on napping then playing into the wee hours.

Ill probably still fall asleep.

Dresden

Bit the bullet, cancelled my newegg order, prepurchased on a.net and registered the serial code to the account. My body is ready.

ParityBit

Quick question.

I cancelled my pre-purchase with gw2.com and bought the Amazon one (CE).

This is an important message regarding your recent Guild Wars 2 registration.
The Guild Wars 2 serial code you registered has been disabled as of
August 23, 2012. Your account will be unable to connect to the Guild Wars 2 servers at launch and during any future beta events.

Now I am assuming that this is for my old code and not my Amazon one, but I can not find a way to see if I have a valid code or not. Does anyone know/have done the same thing with the cancel order? I am wondering if I should email support or not before tomorrow.

dot

So is the beta file also the actual final game file? Cuz i'm updating it right now to prepare for the 3 day headstart.

coke
pizza
chips
pot pies
mozzarella sticks

I'm just going to try to nap until 11:30pm EST tomorrow. Then I will attempt to log in every 3 minutes until 12am. At that point I will attempt to log in every 1 minute until I get in (while refreshing multiple GW2 message boards for updates). I'll play until about 8am when I will go to sleep. I will wake up at 3pm and play until 1am. Then I will sleep until 12pm, and play until 12am.

That should put me at about 30 hours of play in a 48 hour window. I will take short breaks to eat, stretch, and go for a run or two.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, when I get my retail key, how do I replace my current beta key?

Do all GMG preorders include the 3 day headstart if purchased before Aug 8? If I prepurchased in April and have played in every BWE am I good? Is there a way to find out if my account is flagged?
You kinda scared me, but it actually is "PURCHASES ON OR AFTER 17TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!" - Customer notes.

Einbroch

Banned
Habanero BBQ almonds, 2 pounds.
Bottle of Jack and a 24 pack of cherry Pepsi.
Pitcher of water chilling in the fridge.
Half pound of salami from a local deli.

Thinking of grabbing some dried fruit.

I'm set. But good call on the computer maintenence.

Made this because I couldn't find it for myself. Basically just for planning out classes ahead of time.

Pictures of:
-Each race and their classes, by gender
-Each class, including all races and genders

http://gw2races.imgur.com/

Wallach

I need to hit up Costco for a giant bag of that Kirkland fruit & nut medley. About done taking care of the last few responsibilities in advance so that there's nothing I need to do this weekend.

...soon, now.

Hazu

Sorry if this was already asked but will I be able to choose a different server than the one I chose for the stress test at release?

Fou-Lu

Are specific races better suited to certain classes? Also, why is every class so interesting? Makes me want to play them all and I haven't even bought the game yet. At first I thought I'd just go Ranger, as it jumped out to me, but then I was like, hmmm Mezmer looks interesting, but oh, I like how they do the Necromancer!

Will remain strong until AFTER I pay for school and buy my new desktop...

Jira

Are specific races better suited to certain classes? Also, why is every class so interesting? Makes me want to play them all and I haven't even bought the game yet. At first I thought I'd just go Ranger, as it jumped out to me, but then I was like, hmmm Mezmer looks interesting, but oh, I like how they do the Necromancer!

No, races have no impact in that sense. Play what you want.

Has anyone heard any news about the 4 disk signed soundtrack? GF ordered hers just about 6 weeks ago and there seems to be no updated about it although it said it would ship in 4 to 6 weeks.

Ferrio

Banned

Races have special elite skills, but are niche and are more for flavor than anything else.

-Opaque-

This game is already wreaking havoc on my indecisive nature.
I think I'm going to roll a thief... I think... but all the classes looks so awesome, I'll likely end buying character slots just so I can have alts of everything.

I also don't what server to go on, on the one hand I defiantly want to get in on the gaf guild but on the other I want enough people to be around for WvW during Australian peak times.
So it's either Stormbluff or a de facto oceanic one, likely Isle of Jan'thir. Guesting theoretically means it mostly shouldn't be a problem but it's not going to there for launch... arg.
What are other oceanic folks doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom