• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian,

I have a question about xpadder if you don't mind answering. So my system is Win 7 pro and after some quick research, looks like you need to use compatibility mode for xpadder. The odd thing is that when I select Windows 7, it doesn't work. I ran a troubleshooting scan with the program and apparently it works with Windows XP SP2....pretty strange. I wanted to ask if this was normal and if selecting this older operating system for compat. mode will affect anything negatively?
You're all good. Compatibility mode runs at the app-execution level, it doesn't do anything to your OS generally. As long as you can get the controller to respond (can you move your mouse with it?) it'll work for the game.

I should add the guide to my recurring post...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Haha, SoE's CEO just tweeted:

"for all you GW2 people cheating on Planetside 2. I will be one of you at Midnight tonight. don't worry. PS2 will be off for a few hours that should give you plenty of time to play GW2 for a while then come back and experience manly open-world PVP!"

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I didn't get any emails about that. Thanks for the help, guess I'll have to email customer service. I better not miss out on early access!

No one did. They were announced on their facebook page.

"for all you GW2 people cheating on Planetside 2. I will be one of you at Midnight tonight. don't worry. PS2 will be off for a few hours that should give you plenty of time to play GW2 for a while then come back and experience manly open-world PVP!"

That's pretty cool of him. I like the idea of game companies acknowledging competition, and giving them their due praise.

Is that in the NVIDIA Control Panel?

Yes, quoting a few pages back
Are you running 305.67 beta drivers? Also make sure you in nVidia Control Panel you have the power management setting set to maximum performance.

go to Manage 3D settings>Program settings>Guildwars 2>Power Management Mode> Prefer Maximum Performance

But yea I wouldn't be surprised if SLI performance is currently not up to par, there's suppose to be new nVidia drivers coming out within the next week or so, hopefully you'll be able to get some better performance

Ordinator

No one did. They were announced on their facebook page.

Hmm, do you know if there was a code for early access seperate from the account key? I registered the account key I received from Gamestop's online store. Think I'm good? Prepurchased back in April btw.

If I played in one of the headstart weekends with my purchased Guild Wars 2, do I still have to put in a code? Or can I just log in and play when it starts?

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's already on this page, ok!

Even more reason for me to wish PS2 well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hmm, do you know if there was a code for early access seperate from the account key? I registered the account key I received from Gamestop's online store. Think I'm good? Prepurchased back in April btw.

I have no idea about Gamestop. Might want to contact customer support.

ss_lemonade

Framerate-Comparison-590x289.jpg

No AMD/ATI equivalent of this chart (I'm using a 6970 + 2500k @ 4.5)?

You're all good. Compatibility mode runs at the app-execution level, it doesn't do anything to your OS generally. As long as you can get the controller to respond (can you move your mouse with it?) it'll work for the game.

I should add the guide to my recurring post...

I figured you needed a game to test it out on so didn't try it but it detected my controller and displayed it within the program and I noted the controls seemed to be already configured. I'm assuming it's on Welltall's simplified control scheme (by default) since he mentioned you could switch away from that in the instructions.

PaulLFC

Mine won't install from the disc for some reason, just pops up the client and carries on downloading. Looks like I'm in for a long wait, 34% downloaded :(

ReRixo

Banned
a lot of the pvp community will be playing on Stormbluff by the way, so just be prepared for that, not everybody gets along with the pvp community.

zlatko

Banned
Super important question:

Friend of mine wants to buy me the game and let me pay him back on my paycheck. Can he just put in all of his standard info at the pre purchase page over at GW2 site, and then simply change the email there to my own, so that way the CD key,etc is emailed to me? Or do we need to dos omething else?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Upon seeing the CE, I decded "fuck it" and picked it up. I attempted to sign up on the guild website, but there seems to be an error. I can't register a new account. Just goes to an error page.

Desaan

I was trying to do the battle for lion's arch before release, get myself a free oppressor weapon with those marks of honour that are burning a hole in my pocket, but fuck this game. GW1 will not be missed, terrible henchie AI means I spend most of the time trying to micro manage them to not get themselves killed which means I'm losing DPS time and I'm the only one doing anything. The waves pile up and Blimm's buff expires and then the Jade Cloak's/Armour's have their way with you.

Tadale

So I guess I'm a little confused. If I want to order the game right now, and play on Saturday, what's the best way to do it? I see that Amazon has $5 credit for preordering, but it does not make it clear that I'll get the early access.

nataku

Upon seeing the CE, I decded "fuck it" and picked it up. I attempted to sign up on the guild website, but there seems to be an error. I can't register a new account. Just goes to an error page.

Hmm. I'm not sure. What's the error say? The last sign up according to the site was today at least an hour ago.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Friend of mine wants to buy me the game and let me pay him back on my paycheck. Can he just put in all of his standard info at the pre purchase page over at GW2 site, and then simply change the email there to my own, so that way the CD key,etc is emailed to me? Or do we need to dos omething else?
If it asks him to create an account/password obviously he'd need to put in what you want. Otherwise I think what you said makes sense.

I don't know what to do. I just picked up Dark Souls on PC, which I've already played on PS3 but I also preorder GW2. I have too many games to play and not enough time to play them.

Rizzo

Yeah, I did this the other day. I made sure I wasn't logged into the site first, though (not sure if it matters.)

It'll email the CD key and also place it into the "Register Your Serial Code" field for you, so he can copy/paste it into a PM if necessary.

LuuKyK

How does this mumble thing work? Am i supposed to paste the address in my url bar up there? Because thats not working at all. x_x

Hawkian,

I have a question about xpadder if you don't mind answering. So my system is Win 7 pro and after some quick research, looks like you need to use compatibility mode for xpadder. The odd thing is that when I select Windows 7, it doesn't work. I ran a troubleshooting scan with the program and apparently it works with Windows XP SP2....pretty strange. I wanted to ask if this was normal and if selecting this older operating system for compat. mode will affect anything negatively?

Although Hawkian already answered, let me also point out that you're supposed to select Windows XP SP2. You see, you're not selecting the OS you have (Windows is pretty well aware what version it is), but the OS you want to emulate (as Windows has no way of knowing what version the program works with). So Windows 7 is precisely the one option that won't work (XPadder doesn't work on Windows 7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom