• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Last question of the day from me (I promise). Will our headstart characters and progress carry over to the game as it launched? I assume it will, hence the headstart title but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Yup, that's pretty much the incentive to go for head start access ;)

squidyj

Last question of the day from me (I promise). Will our headstart characters and progress carry over to the game as it launched? I assume it will, hence the headstart title but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

that's why they call it a headstart bro! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET HYPE.

Guys what class/build is most straight forward? Or easiest to play perhaps?

I have a good friend that wants to start but he is a console FPS player only so not used to k/m. So I wonder what class would suit him (Least weapon/skills switches)

Complistic

Guys what class/build is most straight forward? Or easiest to play perhaps?

I have a good friend that wants to start but he is a console FPS player only so not used to k/m. So I wonder what class would suit him (Least weapon/skills switches)

Warrior is the most straightforward. All classes are pretty deep if you want to play at that level however. He'll like using a rifle by the sounds of it :p

Panda Rin

I'm trying to decide if I should purchase now. My internet is so bad (100kb/s max) that I won't be able to download the game in time for tonight, maybe even the day after. At the same time I'm thinking I rather have a physical copy of the game instead of a digital version. I don't know what to do.

I also have the problem with deciding what class and race I want to play.

Do you have a friend who has the game downloaded? You can just copy over the game folder and it should work.

ShaneB

I always hated mage classes, too much standing around and figuring out your spell rotation and what not. But I can assure you Elementist is nothing like that. Its what I'm rolling as for my main!

As much fun as I had with the elementalist in the beta, I can't help but second guess and wonder what I want to play as a main first starting out. Dammit!

Bought the Digital version from the main site today in order to get the Headstart code. :)

Sadly my internet is downloading it so slowly. Though on the bright side, I'd have to stay up until 2:00am to even play the damn thing ASAP. So I can instead sleep and let the download run throughout the night.

I've decided to go Warrior first. I'm just not sure about which race to pick. I'm either going Human or Charr. As for combat style, probably Sword + Shield.

I didn't play the beta so I'm going in blind. I'll probably try the other classes later.

As far as buying a digital copy of the game, can I just redownload it from the site as long as I have an account?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
As much fun as I had with the elementalist in the beta, I can't help but second guess and wonder what I want to play as a main first starting out. Dammit!

This game seems to do this with everyone -.-

Audioboxer

This game seems to do this with everyone -.-

I think it's because all the classes can handle their own, it's hard to pigeon hole yourself in GW2. Whereas in something like WoW you know if you like DPS, class xyz is best, or healing class abc is best.

barnone

How do surnames work? Can only characters on your account have the surname? When whispering people, do they only need the first name?

etiolate

Banned
Well it starts with the GW1 GvG community, some of the best GW1 guilds like EVIL and War Machine will be playing on Stormbluff, but there's a big alliance of very competant players. Of course this attracts a hell of a lot of wannabe pro pvpers, and those are normally the guys some people have problems with. I personally don't mind them, and actually prefer the pvp community, but I just thought it was information worth sharing.

This is one of the reasons I was happy with the Stormbluff Isle choice, but I am not sure those two guilds will be there at launch. I am not sure how Koreans are going to get access to the game.

I feel if you have better people to potentially pug with then it will help you improve.

Has this been posted yet? Free hats for people playing at launch.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/commu...ration-hat-available-for-a-limited-time-only/

edit: dammit jira

Jack_AG

Banned

I'm torn between Ele/Warrior for my main. Then I'm torn between Necro/Engi for my main alt.

I'm fairly certain I will play both my Warrior and Ele back and forth until they both hit 80. I can better decide what I like playing with them by then. It will take some time since I am in no rush - but i'm fine with that.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
EDIT: I'm stupid for not reading the link all the way through. It tells you that the hat can be worn by all players across your account. Derp.

Guys

seriously

seriously you guys

What in the hell am I going to do for the next 8 hours

Think about what class and race you'll be.

I want to be someone in this game, I don't want to be everyone. Classes not to pick cause they will be the most played:

elementalist
Warrior
Ranger
Guardian

Which leaves us with these:

Necromancer
Mesmer
Engineer
Thief

What to pick what to pick....only 8 hours left to decide, maybe even less :/

Edit: wait, its actually almost 11h left!

Darkone

Ok, i just got the headstart code from ebay seller but i get Invalid Serial Code, do i need to wait for servers to come up??

Is there a way i can download the client other that the offical site?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the game is installed but i cant login right now. but thats normal right?!

KuGsj.gif

LkPr

longest day of work FINALLY done. time to head home, stop at the LCBO, pickup some rockstar vodkas and prepare for and EPIC evening... of spamming the GW2 login til 3AM

...or earlier (PLEASE be earlier then 3am)

KrayzeeGloo

Neo Member
Good job on the OP, it looks stellar!

Now... Now to wait and hope that the servers open in seven and a half hours instead of ten and a half.

Bufudyne

Neo Member
Ok, i just got the headstart code from ebay seller but i get Invalid Serial Code, do i need to wait for servers to come up??

Is there a way i can download the client other that the offical site?

I bought one as well and getting the same thing, no idea if its a typo or something else..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Purchases from ArenaNet, for the moment, still seem to carry headstart access (beginning in 7.5-10.5 hours).
Amazon Standard Editions are out, but Digital Deluxe editions still have headstart access. Other versions are iffy.

If you're just joining us and find Jira's OT a bit much to parse:

First: Holy Crap Gamescom Trailer. (720p or you're a terrible person)

Next: Tutorial Video (Watch if you have no idea what the game is like)
and
Seriously All These Things Get You XP in Guild Wars 2

Then:
Little Things that Make Guild Wars 2 Awesome

Also Fucking Bullet Casings Make Different Fucking Sounds on Different Surfaces

Plus Pigeons Come and Carry Your Mail. Anywhere.

Play With a Controller (it's fun as hell).

Yx5ve.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, the hat works way better than I expected :D Wonder how it will look together with the dragon T-Shirt :D

blackflag

Just bought and installed from arena net. Played GW 1 for like the first month it was out andit was fun.

Haven't kept up with info at all so I have no idea at all what to expect tonight. Will be joining up with the GAFguild.

Sethos

Banned
People talk about having a shedload of characters and filling up the slots, why? Perhaps that's just me but I simply can't have that, the thought of just having multiple characters is making me shudder. One character with maximum dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom