• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naudi

Banned
I tried everything...Its kind of to the point where if i keep whining she may hit me lol. Oh well ill be playing before i know it, right? RIGHT GUYS??!! OH GOD!

Rapture

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I download the updates? Nothing seems to be happening when I open the launcher.

When you launch the client it should automatically start updating unless its already at the most recent version. So just periodically open the client to make sure its up to date.

Just watching the client download progress bar. Getting some good mileage out of the links being posted. No idea what I'll play first (didn't play any beta)-- leaning towards maybe an engineer? I can't decide.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I had to leave for awhile but a couple of people recommended Elementalist in place of either Warrior or Engineer.

...Holy crap! Class seems complicated. o_O

Rapture

I had to leave for awhile but a couple of people recommended Elementalist in place of either Warrior or Engineer.

...Holy crap! Class seems complicated. o_O

I thought the same thing until i played it. You'll just have to take my word for it but when you're playing one it just... makes sense hahaha.

Fivefold

Banned
Just got home, trying to sleep a bit and wake up one hour before the start to prepare food and take a shower.

Lol who am I kidding I won't be able to sleep, gonna keep f5ing gw2 threads on like 5 different forums for 5h

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
So I downloaded GW2 two days ago and now every time I open the GW2 .exe it shows it downloading again at the splash screen...?

Llyranor

I'm not a big fan of Soule. All his music sounds the same. The actual music is great, but between Guild wars and Elder Scrolls, the soundtracks are way too similar.

I feel this way, too. I don't *dislike* his music, but somewhere along the way it loses its individuality (or perhaps he's composed for too many WRPGs in past years). That being said, I do actually like some of his music (when he tries different things).

I think the #1 culprit (for me, anyway) is the samples he uses. I'm really really not fond of his fake orchestra sound. An orchestra in the hands of a good composer is a fearsome instrument, capable of limitless soundscapes (it doesn't all have to have that epic Hollywood score sound)

Especially when you know what he's composed in the past with a real orchestra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CBTZqO83WQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WulGs5aDCb4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2spT0TwCw

:(

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
MMO games have patches!

Patches are a thing.

How big of a patch are we talking about here?

70mb still at 0% 4750 files just like the full game install from 3 days ago?

GW2WTF.jpg

Complistic

the loader % isn't based on file sizes, it's based on number of files. What's happening is they've got big files you're downloading at first then the rest will go much faster.

Ferrio

Banned

70mb still at 0% 4750 files just like the full game install from two days ago?

GW2WTF.jpg

Their % is by files not total size. So if the first file is really really big it'll take a long time for that first %. Had this happen a couple days ago.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

70mb still at 0% 4750 files just like the full game install from 3 days ago?

GW2WTF.jpg

There've been 3 different patches in the last 3 days.

The Game

It seems impossible for me to fall asleep tonight, was planing for at least 6 hours of sleep so I can play all day rested but it seem I just cant, hope lack of sleep wont ruin launch for me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Okay. From whom do I preorder to get early access? I'm not sure I have time drive to a Gamestop. There's a sweet launch party at Riot tonight.

At this point, you have to preorder from guildwars2.com if you want to play tonight.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Mumble installed and configured. Probably won't be talking much, since my laptop microphone picks up the sound of typing and for some reason it's extremely lound, no matter what I set.

etiolate

Banned
The GW2 launcher/patcher is just really weird overall. It's better to just count down files. You can jump from 3% to 52% in a few seconds.

thetrin

Mumble installed and configured. Probably won't be talking much, since my laptop microphone picks up the sound of typing and for some reason it's extremely lound, no matter what I set.

Please use push to talk.

In fact, this should be mandatory to log into the mumble server.

Sinistral

Finally the day is here.

I can't connect to Mumble though, I must be doing something wrong. I put in the Address and Port but always fail to connect. Any ideas?

Got a question, my cousin tried organizing game installs on his computer. For some reason he likes having his games on a separate HD; so he copied the files over to another hard drive and deleted the install on Program Files x86. He then tried to patch the game now but the launcher won't recognize the install on the separate drive and when he copied the files back, the installer is trying to download the game again. Anyone run into this issue and or have a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom