• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Again for new page: ferny/hawkian/jira/someone: how will we get in the guild once the game is up? Will you post your name here and then we contact you? Or will you go through the signed-up list by yourself?

Deitus

Another question, does picking a race really matter outside cosmetic and starting area differences? Or are there small stat and ability differences between all the races?

There are no factions or stat differences between races. There are a few racial skills, but they are generally not that powerful (by design), so there is no reason to roll a specific race for gameplay advantages.

The only real reason to chose one race over another is for the Personal story. Each race has different personal stories, and those stories branch further based on choices made in character creation and within the story itself. If you want to see the Charr story you need to roll a Charr.

Ferny

Again for new page: ferny/hawkian/jira/someone: how will we get in the guild once the game is up? Will you post your name here and then we contact you? Or will you go through the signed-up list by yourself?

Look at the second post on the first page.

Card Boy

Banned
Making a female human Mesmer because it looks hot, heres mine from the beta.

yIkhs.png

2YwQu.png

docbon

There are no factions or stat differences between races. There are a few racial skills, but they are generally not that powerful (by design), so there is no reason to roll a specific race for gameplay advantages.

The only real reason to chose one race over another is for the Personal story. Each race has different personal stories, and those stories branch further based on choices made in character creation and within the story itself. If you want to see the Charr story you need to roll a Charr.

The racial skills themselves are disabled in sPVP as well.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Didn't know much about this game besides some videos I saw a year ago and this game looks amazing. Played WoW for a few years on and off and this just looks so much better combat wise, almost action RPG?

Oh and it's thanks to the OP that this game got +1 sales, thanks for the info.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Headstart Begins in 5 hours or less
Server: (NA) Stormbluff Isle
(EU) Gandara

Purchases from ArenaNet, for the moment, still seem to carry headstart access (beginning in 2-5 hours).
Amazon Standard Editions are out, but Digital Deluxe editions still have headstart access. Other versions are iffy.

If you're just joining us and find Jira's OT a bit much to parse:

First: Holy Crap Gamescom Trailer. (720p or you're a terrible person)

Next: Tutorial Video (Watch if you have no idea what the game is like)
and
Seriously All These Things Get You XP in Guild Wars 2

Then:
Little Things that Make Guild Wars 2 Awesome

Also Fucking Bullet Casings Make Different Fucking Sounds on Different Surfaces

Plus Pigeons Come and Carry Your Mail. Anywhere.

Finally: Play With a Controller (it's fun as hell).

ibxhqFFmQfW8Mp.gif

(thanks Sethos)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Read the second post...

I did. It says names will be edited into the 2nd post, but seriously, I don't want to be refreshing the first page of this thread all the time only to look for an edit, when I'm already refreshing the newest page. I wanna know whether officers will post their names here too.

Varna

For now, yes. Signups have been temporarily closed- sorry all! It will be open shortly after launch when things settle.

We have well over 400 members..

God damn it. Was there a sign up thread? I thought it would all be handled in game once it launched. :(

I think I'm going Engineer...at least for now. But it'll be either engineer or guardian...probably.

Hype was quite restrained for the last few days, but the closer it gets the more excited I'm becoming.

berva

Neo Member
Some important info for those that purchased 3 day head stat code -

"When Guild Wars 2 launches, customers will need to return to the retailer with proof of Pre-Purchase Code in order to receive the full Standard Edition box and the retail serial code and you have to pay Full Game Price to the retailer. They'll need to apply this retail serial code to their Guild Wars 2 account within five days of launch to continue playing without interruption."

So we basically have 5 days for GMG to get us the retail code from launch day (28th), haha hopefully that will be ample time.

Shakala

Hey everyone! Mike Ferguson here at Arena HQ! Overall, things are mostly quiet and relaxed here. There are still some people working hard to make sure everything is going to be as smooth as possible once we open the floodgates in just a few short hours, but most of us are here just hanging out and relaxing for a little bit while we wait for when we turn everything on and start letting people in. There are a lot of laughs and smiles around the office, quite a few of us are reminiscing about things we've experienced over the last five years, and many of us are just trying to soak up as much of the atmosphere as possible and eagerly anticipating the fact that we're so close to finally letting you all experience what we've been working on for so long. Only a few short hours to go, and we're counting down just as eagerly as you are! See you all in Tyria soon!
Ferg
So awesome

Ferny

That's what I thought as well.

There was a Community thread for close to 6 months now and a GAFGuild.com site for like a month. It was also in the second post of this thread. We will be re-opening signups shortly after we get everything settled with the 400 people we have so far.

jcutner

For now, yes. Signups have been temporarily closed- sorry all! It will be open shortly after launch when things settle.

We have well over 400 members.

Do it.

ah damnit
i thought that signup thread on the gafguild site was only for non gaffers or people that can't post yet, otherwise i would have said i want in :(

Ferny

I did. It says names will be edited into the 2nd post, but seriously, I don't want to be refreshing the first page of this thread all the time only to look for an edit, when I'm already refreshing the newest page. I wanna know whether officers will post their names here too.

I'll post a list yes.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ok, I've randomly purchased this mmo that I know nothing about.

Hopefully there's a few aussies in the gaf guild, If I go that route. I need to figure out who from ausgaf actually has this game first :D

jcutner

The phrasing on the thread seemed to indicate it wasn't for us regular members...

So this is where you can post to sign up to the guild if you have yet to be approved on GAF or you are a friend of a GAF guildie and you want in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom