• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piecake

My plan is so far working. I am quite tired that I think ill be able to fall asleep in 2 hours so i can get in a quick 4 hour sleep

Feep

Banned
Purchased. And, by an incredible stroke of luck, Riot folks are also going Stormbluff. Hooray! See you all in (insert game world name here, I seriously have no fucking clue about literally any aspect of this game at all)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Purchased. And, by an incredible stroke of luck, Riot folks are also going Stormbluff. Hooray! See you all in (insert game world name here, I seriously have no fucking clue about literally any aspect of this game at all)

Phreak and Nikasuar too? Interesting...someone should tell Phreak that Triforce doesn't exist in this game.

JoeBoy101

Welp, buying this most blind except for having played the first one for a bit years back. Hope my luck holds, as my last blind purchase was Sleeping Dogs, which turned out great.

Checked out Hawkian's links though and really like what I'm seeing. Really got the MMO itch over the past 2-3 months to the point I've been looking at old games to jump back into. Hopefully, this will do the job well.

Going Human Necromancer. My first alt (of many) will be Engineer. See ya, GAF, on Stormbluff.

LordDaneil

Neo Member
My battlestation is prepared.

Incoming launch in T-Minus: 4-7 hours

Listen buddy. I don't know you, and you don't know me. All you need to know is that I'm a friend. I saw this post of yours and I immediately cringed. Direct your attention to the bottom left of the photo. What do you see? I'll tell you what *I* see. I see a disaster waiting to happen. One little tap of the keyboard, one banged knee on the desk, one false move and you know where you'll end up? You'll end up ripping your power cable out of the back of your computer as you run in a frienzied state around your house looking for paper towels because you just spilt the entire can of coke into your computer. 12 fluid ounces of the sugar-based soft drink being distributed throughout every nook and cranny of the inside of your computer by those three pretty little led lit fans you got on the top of your personal computer. Do you want to enjoy the weekend with some GW2 with your friends? Or would you rather work off the money you will have to spend on a replacement motherboard, graphics card, and cpu. Please take it from me and get into the habit of placing your drink on the right side of your desk. Learn from my mistake.
sincerely, a friend.

pablito

oh lawdy. hours until it finally begins.

Sooo close. Still not sure what profession I'm going with for my main!

i don't know how many times i've changed my mind, sure every time i had changed it. warrior! no, mesmer. no, thief! maybe ranger.

going to start a guardian. if it's my main, it's my main. we'll see what happens.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ferny/other officers, what exactly will we have to do in the first few minutes to get into the guild? How will we contact you? Will you post your char's name here and then we add you or what?

timkunedo

oh lawdy. hours until it finally begins.

i don't know how many times i've changed my mind, sure every time i had changed it. warrior! no, mesmer. no, thief! maybe ranger.

going to start a guardian. if it's my main, it's my main. we'll see what happens.

Same here. I keep going back and forth, back and forth. However when i searched youtube for ranger pets and saw the black widow spider....i fell in love. Ranger will be my first character for sure!! Or maybe a necro......or warrior.....

I don't think I had so many probelms choosing my profession/job on a MMO before.

Almost all of them looks cool enough. Probably gonna be Guardian on Engineer...I also really liked Necromancer but I was a necromancer on GW1 and got quite tired lol

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

Feep, you work for Riot Games? That's really cool. I'm pretty sure I was given Sequence from you in that very generous thread of yours.

Also, it's cool that other Riot people are coming to the server too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All that talk about controller configs, and no one talked about Parn's set up?

http://synbios.net/site/2012/07/22/guild-wars-2-gamepad-profile/

Thats the one I used in BWE2/3 It doesnt have everything Hawkians has, but I find the layout of the stuff you mainly use is better imo!

edit: ack! I just noticed that the layout in the post is nothing like the one I used in beta, haha.. he must have updated it, im looking for the correct post.

edit2: Decided to just link to his site, it has the updated one and the files and all that anyway.
Not bad at all, I like it. The more gamepad love the better.

Back now but I NEED to get some sleep.

Mesmer will most likely be my main. I had tons of fun with it in the betas especially in pvp and WvWvW. I love the crowd control abilities so much.

Does this game allow multiple characters on multiple servers? I would like to roll a character on the GAF server but my friends are dead set on playing on Gates of Madness for some reason. If I can have multiple characters I guess it doesn't matter.

inky

Mesmer was the only class I didn't get to try during the BWEs. It wasn't for a lack of time either, it really slipped my mind for some reason.

Does this game allow multiple characters on multiple servers? I would like to roll a character on the GAF server but my friends are dead set on playing on Gates of Madness for some reason. If I can have multiple characters I guess it doesn't matter.

No, but you can guest on any server anytime you want. The server choice only matters when fighting WvW, as you can only do so in your home server.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, your server is for account- you have to decide if you want to play in WvW with us or them. For everything else, there's Mastercard- I mean, you can play on their server as a guest.

Wallach

No, all characters are locked to your home server, but you can guest-play characters on any server that isn't your home server and play any type of content except for WvWvW. You'll only be able to do WvWvW for your home server.

Edit - Should point out that guesting will not be available until free server transfer service closes. They haven't said how long that period will last after launch I don't think.

Jira

No, though you can roll anywhere and do anything with anyone on any server as long as it's not WvW. WvW is restricted to your home server.

Hmm well that kinda sucks I guess I'm stuck not being part of the GAF crew. Nice to hear that the rest of the game is server unspecific though so I won't be totally out of the loop. Thanks for the replies guys.

inky

Hmm well that kinda sucks I guess I'm stuck not being part of the GAF crew. Nice to hear that the rest of the game is server unspecific though so I won't be totally out of the loop. Thanks for the replies guys.

It's not that bad. Join your friends' server, join GAF guild from there (you can join more than one, you only have to switch which one you "represent") and come play PvE with us when your friends are not around. Easy.

markot

Banned
The way Asura carry 2h swords makes me want to roll a class that uses that weapon >.< but im sticking to Necro I think.... maybe...

It's not that bad. Join your friends' server, join GAF guild from there (you can join more than one, you only have to switch which one you "represent") and come play PvE with us when your friends are not around. Easy.

Well that sounds alright actually. Chances are I'll be PVEing more than PVP anyways so that will work out well then.

Another question, does picking a race really matter outside cosmetic and starting area differences? Or are there small stat and ability differences between all the races?

Edit: Also how is the Mesmer class? I remember hearing it had some problems early in the beta but I haven't been keeping up.

khefka

Neo Member
I just checked the name I want in the online HOM thing and the HOM doesn't even recognize them so I don't think they have it reserved for GW2.
Three out of the five names I want are free when checking HoM calc, but two of them show 3/50 points. Unfortunately one of those is the name I was going to use for my main. Anyone hear about how long GW1 names are reserved? Not sure if I'm going to try and think of another name or just mess around on other characters until the name reserve period is over and try to snag it. Maybe I'll periodically try and /whisper the name I want to see if anyone grabbed it and try and convince them to let me have it. :p

People are going to be playing WvW immediately? Damn...

WvW is last on my play list at the moment.
Last on my list too, but I can understand why some people will want to jump right in. At no other time in the game will everyone be on such an even level as at launch, so it makes sense to want to get in on that.

Make sure you guys save up 10 Silver by Level 10 for the Adept Trait book.
That's true, although I will have no idea what traits I'll want to put points in. As far as I know you cannot respec at will can you? It will require a BLTC puchase?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
DERHE-RRDER-RINGE

20% off.

But I dont think you get the 3 day head start.

Yea I just found it again. Seems to still be working.

Not sure If i really care about the 3 day head start. Gives me time to figure out wtf the game is about. It's been many years since I quit WoW, So an MMO is tempting and not at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom